Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 06-23-2004, 06:30 AM   #1
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default The Clinton Circus Continues

I'm not at all surprised by the content of the flurry of whorish interviews promoting Skanknob's latest masturbative indulgence.

Predictably, he drawls on in his smarmy good ol' Bill style, minimizing his own gross misdeeds, while attempting to cast himself the victim of far greater evils.

Just heard a blurb of an interview with him and Katie Couric, who asked him if he thought that Monica Lewinsky had been irraparably damaged by his exploitation of her?

Slick Willie said that he hoped not; that he hoped that she wouldn't become captive to her 15 minutes of fame; that he felt badly for her and how her friend had betrayed her--(for a brief second I thought he was referring to himself, but then realized that he doesn't consider himself her friend, and probably doesn't realize the extent to which what he did to her constitutes betrayal; and how he sympathzied with her because in the same way that he did what he did with her "because he could", Ken Starr had persecuted Bill and Hillary because he felt that Bill Clinton should never have been elected President; that Republicans felt that after Nixon, there shouldn't and wouldn't ever be another Democratic President again; and that Starr continued with his persecution of people rather than the prosecution of crimes for the same morraly indefensible reason--"because he could".

See? It's all about Slick Willy in his world. Everything revolves around him, all the time from every angle.

My favorite line: in closing this segment of his public psychotherapy session..I mean, "book tour", Clinton said of Lewinsky: "I'm pulling for her."

And she for you, Slick Willie. And she for you.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2004, 11:59 AM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: The Clinton Circus Continues

Jay Leno slid out this gem last night......

Clinton has been on Oprah, he has been on the Today Show, he's been on CNN, he's been on everything.......The only thing he hasn't been on lately is Hillary. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 12:39 PM   #3
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:The Clinton Circus Continues

Maybe they should start handing out "Clinton Slept Here" buttons to all the women at the Democratic convention. If Clinton hasn't, I'm sure he'd be more than willing to arrange an appointment to make the statement true.
Old 06-23-2004, 01:17 PM   #4
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone else think it is peculiar that Bill would choose this time to steal so much publicity? It's almost as if he is undermining Kerry. (Where is Kerry these days, anyway? Is he still running for President?)

I think there is another Clinton master plan in the works. The plan is for Hillary to run in '08, and it would be a lot easier if Bush were coming off a second term than if Kerry were incumbent.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 02:10 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
The plan is for Hillary to run in '08, and it would be a lot easier if Bush were coming off a second term than if Kerry were incumbent.
Interesting hypothesis. Scary....but interesting.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 02:11 PM   #6
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
Does anyone else think it is peculiar that Bill would choose this time to steal so much publicity? It's almost as if he is undermining Kerry. (Where is Kerry these days, anyway? Is he still running for President?)

I think there is another Clinton master plan in the works. The plan is for Hillary to run in '08, and it would be a lot easier if Bush were coming off a second term than if Kerry were incumbent.

I think that you might be on to something Chumdawg. Interesting that Bill would be doing such a favor for a woman who isn't even sleeping with him. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2004, 03:15 PM   #7
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Just as GWBush was given a bounce in the polls by the coverage of Ronald Reagan, I expect the publicity generated by Bill Clinton and his book will prduce similar positive results for Kerry.

Kerry has embraced Clinton (rather than the hands off approach by Gore) and Clinton still has high approval ratings. It is possible that there will be joint appearances by Kerry and Clinton during the campaign.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 03:31 PM   #8
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB

I think that you might be on to something Chumdawg. Interesting that Bill would be doing such a favor for a woman who isn't even sleeping with him. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
True, true. But don't you just know that Bill would kill to live in the White House again. They can be co-Presidents, just like in the good ol' days.

Old 06-23-2004, 04:37 PM   #9
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

"The plan is for Hillary to run in '08, and it would be a lot easier if Bush were coming off a second term than if Kerry were incumbent. "

That theory has been said over and over by Rush and the other right wingers...scary thing is, it may be true...
Old 06-23-2004, 04:52 PM   #10
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Hillary's running in 08? Sweet. That would be just what the GOP ticket ordered.... Guaranteed 12 years of GOP control of the White House.

Halleluia!!!!!
Old 06-23-2004, 05:43 PM   #11
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

12 straight years? god help us
Old 06-23-2004, 05:50 PM   #12
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavdog
Just as GWBush was given a bounce in the polls by the coverage of Ronald Reagan, I expect the publicity generated by Bill Clinton and his book will prduce similar positive results for Kerry.
Another interesting hypothesis. Maybe I'm more idealistic than I myself realize, but I refuse to believe that the publication of Clinton's pathologies and neuroses, penned in his own hand, can be of help to Kerry. On the contrary, this time it's Slick Willie himself doing the sucking--sucking all of the media oxygen for his own lonely political lungs.

Quote:
Kerry has embraced Clinton (rather than the hands off approach by Gore) and Clinton still has high approval ratings. It is possible that there will be joint appearances by Kerry and Clinton during the campaign.
Was it an embrace? Or did they just grope each other?

Clinton's term still has some supporters (God only knows why), but he's still a double-edged sword. My guess is that the people who would support Kerry via Clinton are already out in the streets defaming the American flag and the GOP.

Clinton, however, may have just as much downward pull for Kerry with the farthest of the far right voters, who may be feeling a bit apathetic. At best a wash for Kerry.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:59 PM   #13
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC
Quote:
Another interesting hypothesis. Maybe I'm more idealistic than I myself realize, but I refuse to believe that the publication of Clinton's pathologies and neuroses, penned in his own hand, can be of help to Kerry. On the contrary, this time it's Slick Willie himself doing the sucking--sucking all of the media oxygen for his own lonely political lungs.
The majority of Americans still see Bill in a positive manner, look at how they're laying down their hard earned dollars to buy his book.

Quote:
Was it an embrace? Or did they just grope each other?

Clinton's term still has some supporters (God only knows why), but he's still a double-edged sword. My guess is that the people who would support Kerry via Clinton are already out in the streets defaming the American flag and the GOP.

Clinton, however, may have just as much downward pull for Kerry with the farthest of the far right voters, who may be feeling a bit apathetic. At best a wash for Kerry.[/quote]

I'm not sure they are "defaming the American flag" as much as denouncing the President. It's like a yard sign I saw which said "Support our President and the Troops". hey, they are seperable and NOT linked.

GWBush has total loyalty of all those right of center, these folks will not stand by idle while a Senator from Mass tries to get in the WH. kerry has the total support of those left. Just like in elections past it is the battle for the middle where the election will be won or lost. That's fertile ground for Clinton. I don't see any downside to kerry, and some gain.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:03 PM   #14
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: reeds
12 straight years? god help us
He is reeds, he is.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 09:17 AM   #15
LRB
Guru

Quote:
The majority of Americans still see Bill in a positive manner, look at how they're laying down their hard earned dollars to buy his book.
Just because they buy horny boy's book doesn't meant they still view him favorably. American's for good or ill (ill IMO) are as a majority voyeuristic. What better way to sate the innner voyeur than to read about Slick Willies BJ history with Monica. Bet Bill would get top ratings for a reality show of female interns with the winner getting to suck on his "cigar" as well. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2004, 09:46 AM   #16
Mavdog
Diamond Member

The American public still has a positive view of Clinton. They public appears to not be as hung up on Clinton having casual sex as some seem to be...
BTW these are substantially higher approval ratings than GW is enjoying.
-----------------------------------

ABC News/Washington Post Poll. June 17-20, 2004. N=1,201 adults nationwide. MoE ± 3. Field work by TNS.

"Thinking back to when Bill Clinton was in office, would you say you approve or disapprove of the way Clinton handled his job as president?"

Approve Disapprove Unsure
% % %
6/04 62 37 1
6/03 55 43 2
Old 06-25-2004, 12:13 PM   #17
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Public Service Announcement
Old 06-25-2004, 09:44 PM   #18
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

As much as I am an unabashed supporter of Hillary – and trust me, I am aware of just what a small minority that makes me a part of – she will never, EVER be elected President. If she were to attain the Dem candidacy in 2008, she would be thrashed. By whomever. Doesn't matter who the Republicans run against her.

That said, I agree with all here that Bill does not really support Kerry. I don't think, however, that Clinton's opinion of Kerry is rooted in any future hopes for Hill's candidacy; I think Bill's opinion of Kerry is indicative of most of that of the Democratic party.

Don't you think that most Dems are looking at Kerry and wondering just how in the hell he ended up with the nomination?

Sigh.
Old 06-26-2004, 11:35 AM   #19
Mavdog
Diamond Member

There is absolutely no woman, named Hillary or otherwise, who could be elected President, the country isn't there yet. There is still a tremendous amount of discrimination against women in this country.
Old 06-26-2004, 11:54 AM   #20
chumdawg
Guru

I'm not so sure, Mavdog. There are already women in very high government offices. If anything, I think the timing is pretty close to perfect for a woman to run and have a decent chance at being elected. Right now this country seems worried more about the appearance of discrimination than it does about whatever group it would be tempted to discriminate against.

Sturm, why do you think there is absolutely no chance Hillary could be elected? I think it *would* matter who the Republicans ran against her. If they ran out another Bob Dole, they would be in trouble. I don't see any rising stars in the Republican party. McCain would be very difficult for anyone to beat, but other than that I would give even Hillary a chance against in '08.

Having said all that, it probably makes more sense for a woman to hold the Vice-Presidency first. For that matter, Kerry could do lots worse than Ann Richards on his ticket this year...
Old 06-26-2004, 12:23 PM   #21
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There is absolutely no woman, named Hillary or otherwise, who could be elected President, the country isn't there yet. There is still a tremendous amount of discrimination against women in this country.

I don't think hillary has a chance as she is way too much like her conniving husband without solid moral values (it does make me disturbed to see the dems embraces kerry as he suffers from the same fault).

However a woman like Marge Thatcher could easily become president. She'd have to be conservative, a southern governor and be hard as nails. Hillary may have the hard as nails part but she's way too liberal.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 01:10 PM   #22
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

I agree with Mavdog that this country is not ready – sadly, so sadly – for a woman president yet. It's embarrassing that we haven't yet had one minority president. And by that, I mean minority of any kind or definition. Hispanic, African-American, woman, Jew... nothing. I think that speaks volumes.

And to answer the question about why I don't think Hillary could ever win: she scares people. She is too far from the culturally held ideal of "femininity" to ever garner much support. She is ambitious, whip-smart, powerful, power hungry and somewhat cold. When exhibited by a woman, these characteristics scare people. That's not how women are supposed to be!

I do think that we'll have a woman president sometime in the next 12 years, but I think a more "traditional" gender role woman is much more palatable to the public. Elizabeth Dole, for example.

I love Hillary. I love that she exhibits those "masculine" traits that put off so many when viewed in a woman.

But I will admit that my favorite woman politician of all time is Ann Richards. She just kicks ass.