Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-25-2004, 12:48 PM   #1
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road
Default THe ROOKS, Quesy AND JoHO playing against China Pav.vs Yao!!

Mavs summer league vs. China

Donnie says on with BaD

Devin Pavel Quesy & JoHO ALL will play.

Ill be there!!
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2004, 12:54 PM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:THe ROOKS, Quesy AND JoHO playing against China Pav.vs Yao!!

7/1 in Fort Worth
7/3 at SMU
7/4 in Frisco at 4:30

color me there!!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 12:55 PM   #3
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all
Default RE: THe ROOKS, Quesy AND JoHO playing against China Pav.vs Yao!!

I just heard that. Pavel is going to get destroyed, but it should be fun to see all the rooks

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 01:03 PM   #4
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Also, the Global Games start this Sunday at SMU. Ramos played the last couple of years, so it's a good opportunity to come out and see the next overhyped stiff.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:06 PM   #5
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

July 3 sike will be spying the new talent...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 01:10 PM   #6
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

if pavel shows me anything at all other than just being huge....i will be pleasently surprised

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 01:12 PM   #7
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm actually suprised that the Nellie's are willing to put Pavel on display in front of the Dallas fans against one of the top 2 centers in the world.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:24 PM   #8
GermanBlitzkrieg

GermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura about

i think it is a way to see what he can do, and quiet any unrealistic expectations early. CHances are really good he will get destroyed. But, he's only 19. If he's not a stiff, can make a shot, and shows anything, then there may be hope for the future. Don't expect much though.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:25 PM   #9
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

Where are the exact locations. I wana catch the one in Frisco.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:44 PM   #10
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

They'll do a signing session on 7/2 from 6pm to 8pm at Stonebriar Mall.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 01:48 PM   #11
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Taken from mavs website.

This is the schedule of games:
Game 1: Daniel-Meyer Coliseum at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth on July 1 at 7:30 p.m.

Game 2: Southern Methodist University’s Moody Coliseum in Dallas on July 3 at 8 p.m.

Game 3: Deja Blue Arena at the Dr Pepper StarCenter in Frisco on July 4 at 4 p.m.

Tickets are general admission and cost $10. They will go on sale June 1 at all Ticketmaster outlets, ticketmaster.com or by phone 214.373.8000.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:55 PM   #12
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

Bah, ticketmaster.... You think they will sell tickets when you get there?
Old 06-25-2004, 02:16 PM   #13
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirk2003
Bah, ticketmaster.... You think they will sell tickets when you get there?
ticketmaster sucks ass, but ten bucks isnt bad to check out the new talent. I'm assuming its all going to be about Harris' abilities. Daniels and Howard will show off and keep the game close and Pavel will just try to slow down the Ming Dynasty.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 02:18 PM   #14
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Count me in there for either the Fort Worth or the SMU although I wish I could go to both.....I cant miss a chance at catching the first glimpse of the big man and our future pg playing together. This will be a lot of fun.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 02:20 PM   #15
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Forgive me if I'm misinterpreting this because I'm not an expert on contractual ins and outs, but if I'm reading this correctly then Marquis Daniels is scheduled to play a game for the Mavs franchise on the first day of free agency. Kinda makes it sound like they've already agreed on a deal to keep him in Dallas if you ask me.
Old 06-25-2004, 02:23 PM   #16
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c
Forgive me if I'm misinterpreting this because I'm not an expert on contractual ins and outs, but if I'm reading this correctly then Marquis Daniels is scheduled to play a game for the Mavs franchise on the first day of free agency. Kinda makes it sound like they've already agreed on a deal to keep him in Dallas if you ask me.
pretty suspicious, eh?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 02:27 PM   #17
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Nice pick up there GMC, I think you could be right! That would be sweet. Let's hope the NBA isn't as sharp as you are. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 02:31 PM   #18
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I'm curious to see a 7'5 guy cross someone over and shoot the 3.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 02:33 PM   #19
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Speaking of the Chinese National Team, I saw a couple of their players yesterday evening at Stonebriar Mall. They must be holed up somewhere in Frisco...possibly Stonebriar Resort...

The two players I saw were looking for suits...they didn't look very big....I would have loved to seen Yao...

Old 06-25-2004, 02:34 PM   #20
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Let's hope the NBA isn't as sharp as you are.
Heck, he's our restricted FA. Surely it's not against the rules to negotiate with our own FA's prior to the start of free agency.
Old 06-25-2004, 02:38 PM   #21
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
It is against the rules for them to negotiate with him right until June 1st. That's why I'll believe that Daniels is playing when I see him there. His agent would be crazy to let him play because even if they've agreed on the parameters of a contract, he can't sign until the 15th. If he does play, I'm sure he won't be killing himself out there.
Old 06-25-2004, 04:40 PM   #22
Stressboy

Stressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the rough

My freinds and I already have tickets to July 3rd and this will be our 3rd Global Games in a row. The China vs. Mav's summer team should be icing on a great day of basketball. The games start at 2pm for the 5vs6, then the medal games happen. A lot of players that will be in future drafts should playing and with all that talent there, there should be a lots of NBA scouts and personalities.

Global Games Site

Stressboy
Stressboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 04:52 PM   #23
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be there for at least two of those games.
Old 06-26-2004, 10:55 PM   #24
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

IS THERE SOMEONE WILLING TO VIDEO TAPE THE GAME AND PUT TOGETHER SOME HIGHLIGHTS OR THE ENTIRE GAME ON THE WEB? WE WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SEE WHAT THE SIBERIAN MAN CAN DO!

ANYONE WILLING TO TAPE THE GAMES?
Old 06-26-2004, 11:22 PM   #25
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: Maringa
Speaking of the Chinese National Team, I saw a couple of their players yesterday evening at Stonebriar Mall. They must be holed up somewhere in Frisco...possibly Stonebriar Resort...

The two players I saw were looking for suits...they didn't look very big....I would have loved to seen Yao...

how did you know they were players for the chinese national team?
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 11:35 PM   #26
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: birdsanctuary
IS THERE SOMEONE WILLING TO VIDEO TAPE THE GAME AND PUT TOGETHER SOME HIGHLIGHTS OR THE ENTIRE GAME ON THE WEB? WE WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SEE WHAT THE SIBERIAN MAN CAN DO!

ANYONE WILLING TO TAPE THE GAMES?
I'd love for someone to try this as well.
Old 06-26-2004, 11:38 PM   #27
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I just went an bought a ticket for the 3rd....hope to see some good stuff [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 05:01 PM   #28
StvNash13

StvNash13 is on a distinguished road

Man, I would love to come, but i live in LA and this is quiet a trip. Shoot, i really wanna see Pavel.
StvNash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 07:13 PM   #29
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Just got back from Day 1 of the Global Games. Pavel was there hanging around. I'm happy to report that he can walk and chew gum at the same time. He pulled Yao over to chat for about a minute as the Chinese national team was warming up. I'm can't wait to see them match up head to head since most of the points Yao scored today were due to the fact that he was so much taller than everyone else. He missed most of his turn arounds and hooks.
Old 06-27-2004, 07:41 PM   #30
dirk2003

Anyone know if there will be tickets sold at the place or is ticketmaster the only option.

They charge a $3 convinience fee per ticket and $15-20 for shipping. WTF is that about?
Old 06-27-2004, 07:46 PM   #31
dirno2000
Diamond Member

^^^You shouldn’t have much problem walking up and buying a ticket. I would advise you to get there early...there was a huge Chinese contingent today and there probably will be Saturday. The American crowd was sparse today, but I doubt that'll be the case this weekend.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:20 PM   #32
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: aexchange
Quote:
Originally posted by: Maringa

how did you know they were players for the chinese national team?
I realize that this is late in response - but the two guys had on their basketball warm-up suits on with the Chinese Nat'l team emblem/scripts that I've seen before on TV.
Old 06-27-2004, 11:06 PM   #33
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Saw Marquis at the charity baseball event out in Frisco this weekend. He seems like an extremely nice young man. Some hormonal teenagers next to me asked him if he was coming back next season..he simply replied that he didn't know. He looked pretty comfy high-fiving with the boss though.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote