Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-28-2004, 08:46 AM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where are the LA Fans? (W.O.W., SA2, etc)

I know they got there rear ends stomped in the finals and are probably still hurting, but where are the "I guarantee" a championship LA fans like SA2 and Way Out West?

I'd like to hear their take on Shaq, Showbe and the rest of the LA Asylum.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2004, 11:52 AM   #2
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Where are the LA Fans? (W.O.W., SA2, etc)

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
I know they got there rear ends stomped in the finals and are probably still hurting, but where are the "I guarantee" a championship LA fans like SA2 and Way Out West?

I'd like to hear their take on Shaq, Showbe and the rest of the LA Asylum.
I've been around the board posting off and on since the finals but I haven't posted much here since OP's "departure". Too many haters on this board who don't bring anything to the table. There are some exceptions but they don't seen to post much either.

Regarding the drama in Lakerville, who knows. Mitch really F'd things up with those comments after the finals. Shaq is a big baby and is now crying for a trade. Payton and Malone are trying to talk some sense into him while Kobe plays the FA market. It's come down to a choice between Kobe and Shaq. Kobe seems to be the safer bet. Even if the Lakers decide to keep Shaq and let Kobe go there are two major problems. Shaq has proven to be lazy and unmotivated and extending his contract could really hamper the Lakers future, unlike Detroit and Dallas, the Lakers don't go into the toilet after some success, so I doubt the Lakers will mortgage the future on Shaq. The other problem with Shaq is that despite the Lakers going with him over Kobe, Shaq may still be mad at the franchise and come back next year out of shape and unmotivated then opt out or retire after two years fatter than ever.

Don't know who the coaching choice would be for the Lakers at this point, but in a perfect world it would be Riley. He could squash the drama between Kobe and Shaq ONE way or ANOTHER, then after a couple of years Riles could move into the front office and get rid of Mitch and his foolish ways. Most signs point to the Lakers resigning Kobe and trading away Shaq but things being what they are there are really no takers for the Shaq that would give near equal value for Shaq. The Lakers will soon get into "take what you can get for Shaq and sign Kobe" mode and eat it. IMO Dallas would be stupid to give up Dirk to get Shaq. IMO that trade would hurt BOTH teams.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 12:00 PM   #3
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

One other tidbit:

Shaq and his wife have already put their house up for sale. They are asking for 7.5 million, under market value, so they seem to be very serious about leaving LA. If Shaq can come down about 3/4 million I might be able to trade my Laker season tix for his house.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 02:29 PM   #4
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about

If I were the Lakers I would keep Shaq and do a S&T with LAC for Kobe, robbing them blind. LAL would be set for several years after Shaq is gone.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 02:34 PM   #5
Cubans_Posse

Cubans_Posse is on a distinguished road

the fans want to keep shaq but he is fed up with the organization and says this decision has nothing to do with the fans

Cubans_Posse is offline   Reply With Quote