Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-15-2002, 02:53 PM   #1
pjsucks

pjsucks is on a distinguished road

<<Where is the three game suspension and $12,500 fine on Dale Davis for his ejection after intentionally trying to harm Shawn Bradley? Or is there only a punishment if the other player has the lack of class that portland showed to try and retaliate? The whole incident was due to extremely poor officiating where call after physical call went ignored. The portland players were visibly encouraged by the seeming lack of a ref. It was barely brought under control after a slew of technicals but the physical play still continued here and there. Just because a ref doesnt want to call alot of fouls doesnt mean they arent being committed and it certainly doesnt mean they shouldnt be called.The ugly unprofessional scene thursday night was instigated by not only the unmature players and coaches of portland but also by absolutely horrific officiating.>>

This is the letter I just sent to the NBA. Anyone disagree? If not I suggest we all let the National Basketball Association know how we feel.
http://www.nba.com/email_us/letters_to_nba.html

Ich liebe dich Dirk!
pjsucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2002, 04:05 PM   #2
mavsfan4

mavsfan4 is on a distinguished road

Do all Mavs fans make excuses when they lose? The Mavs lost, they are allowed to do so every now and again. Portland like the Clippers have the Mavericks number this year. They(Portland) are playing as good as any team in the league, plain and simple. The league will take care of Davis, even his teammates know that he will get fined and suspended.
Old 03-15-2002, 04:10 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

pjsucks' letter has nothing to do with the loss nor is it trying to make any excuse for it. It has to do with the league dealing with Davis's actions properly and that's it. He only mentioned the poor officiating and unruly conduct of his teammates because those factors may have played a part in his actions.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002, 04:12 PM   #4
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

we're not makin' excuses....Tha Blazers had their best game of the season and we laid an egg.....that's not in dispute...so why would we try to make excuses?

And I'd hardly say 1-2 in the series means you have someones number.....see Memphis and Denver for that kind of thing....
Old 03-15-2002, 04:14 PM   #5
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

But Rod, the Bulls OWN the Lakers! Sweep baby! heheheh
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002, 04:20 PM   #6
mavsfan4

mavsfan4 is on a distinguished road

Exactly, some teams just have some teams numbers. The Blazers blew the Mavs out last night, there's no "ifs" "ands" or "buts" about it, maybe they will beat them when the Blazers come back here. The Bulls have the Lakers numbers, that's surely not saying they are a better team.
Old 03-15-2002, 05:28 PM   #7
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I think Davis's actions call for a stiffer penalty than the 3 game suspensions the league has been handing down - I can remember Shaq attacking Brad Miller, and Kobe attacking Reggie Miller. In those instances, it seems as though each player just lost control in a fit of fury after being fouled hard, or after a verbal exchange. What Davis did was calculated... it was several posessions after any kind of contact between him and Bradley, or any follow-up conversation. There was enough time for Davis to calm himself down somewhat. What Davis wanted to do was wait until Shawn was vulnerable, wait until he has a basketball in his hands. This was not an attack that happened "in the heat of battle". He wanted to hurt Shawn. In real life, it would be considered assault, and Davis would have gone to jail. I hope that the league reveiws this event long and hard, and brings down an appropriate penalty. The Blazers have gotten away with similar acts in the past (tripping). If they are allowed to continue this type of activity with no serious repercussions, someone is going to get hurt.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002, 05:53 PM   #8
pjsucks

I'm not making excuses, the blazers totally outplayed us and deserved the win. I am just trying to bring to light the horrible officiating that goes on night in and night out. It's not just the mavs who are getting screwed, everybody is, the sixer's got robbed in the king's game and the laker's were robbed in the utah game just to name some recent fuck ups. Last night was a prime example of this, it's amazing no one got hurt last night after the refs let that go on.

Ich liebe dich Dirk!
Old 03-15-2002, 06:01 PM   #9
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

exactly, my primary beef with the refs is not that one particular team loses as a result of calls. it's that refs let games get out of hand physically. someone is going to get seriously hurt.

i don't blame shaq for what he did against the bulls. he was getting abused. if that happened in a pick-up game, there would be no refs to break it up, and a serious fight would go down.

the refs are there to keep things from getting out of hand. and they are doing a HORRIBLE job at that this year.

look at that crap in lakers game last night with fortson, fox, and shaq. shaq sucked it up and showed that the way to respond is to win. fortson should have been ejected after that elbow to the face on fox. there is no room for that kind of play in the NBA.

if that kind of stuff happend in high school: player could possibly be banned from playing high school ball.
in college: suspended for more than three games, possibly the season.

in the nba, they get a wrist slap. ridiculous. until they get fined more than chump change for an action (like cuban's $500,000) this crap will continue to happen.
Old 03-15-2002, 08:56 PM   #10
pjsucks

Big Boy hit the nail on the head, that is what I didnt emphasize enough and it's what is most important.

Ich liebe dich Dirk!