Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-12-2004, 07:39 PM   #1
mavsman18

mavsman18 is on a distinguished road
Default Declining

Dallas is declining very fast we got a good team from were we stand right now but the team we have right now wont even make the playoffs if you count the teams that have risen since this free agent period started shaqs going to miami kmart is prolly gonna head to denver theres no point in gettin payton and malone because theyre old although theyre vetrans they cant put forth the effort to get us anywhere Fin\leys not as productive and Dirk will have slumps due to the deparure of steve nash here are teh teams ahead of us
Denver
Memphis
Phoniex
Sacramento
Sanantonio
Minnesota
Houston
and if Kobe stays with LA were in 9th
So if we dont pull something fast this seasons just not worth it
mavsman18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2004, 07:51 PM   #2
Captain Disaster

Captain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Declining

I totally understand your frustration; let's hope that all the optimists here are right and other players step up. Without a quality point and a quality backup point, and a quality big man, we're in real trouble. Dirk will play the 5 again.
Captain Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 10:02 PM   #3
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Captain Disaster
I totally understand your frustration; let's hope that all the optimists here are right and other players step up. Without a quality point and a quality backup point, and a quality big man, we're in real trouble. Dirk will play the 5 again.
It has to be priority 1 to keep that from happening. Dirk does us no good on the bench in foul trouble. And all to often that happened when he was playing Center.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:13 PM   #4
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

all this doom and gloom crap is pissing me off. Everyone that post this crap is just talking out of there ass. What is so much different than last year. No Nash, whoppy doo-doo. As many shooters and scorers on this team, we just need someone to bring the ball up. No Shaq. We were never going to get shaq anyway by all REAL accounts by Cuban. And washington trade was a rape job, we got a proven scorer, a good bench guy, and our future star point guard. We are the best team with options for the future. A miget overated pg isn't going to stop this team. Everyone should stop posting this negetive crap because its getting old. Its JULY people. There is still four months until the season starts and we aren't going to make the playoffs. COME ON. There is a reason we play a season and we all know that if these teams have talented players doesn't mean they will do crap, look at us last year.

GO AWAY PESSIMIST!!!!!
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 10:25 PM   #5
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Declining

I don't think I was being a pessimist. I just want Dirk being what he is good at being... a PF and not a Center.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:29 PM   #6
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

Sorry u2, it wasn't to you. I know where you stand and most of the long time guys here about the offseason, but I was venting toward our new friend here, mavsman18. Sorry [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 10:43 PM   #7
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsman18
Dallas is declining very fast we got a good team from were we stand right now but the team we have right now wont even make the playoffs if you count the teams that have risen since this free agent period started shaqs going to miami kmart is prolly gonna head to denver theres no point in gettin payton and malone because theyre old although theyre vetrans they cant put forth the effort to get us anywhere Fin\leys not as productive and Dirk will have slumps due to the deparure of steve nash here are teh teams ahead of us
Denver
Memphis
Phoniex
Sacramento
Sanantonio
Minnesota
Houston
and if Kobe stays with LA were in 9th
So if we dont pull something fast this seasons just not worth it

Not so sure 18. You're missing a lot of the small things that are going on. While losing a lot of our offense in Nash, we gained a lot of defense in Harris and Stackhouse. AJ will be a benefit to our team both on the court and in the locker room. More of the offense will be run through Dirk this year, as opposed to the volume-shooting offensive vacuum known as Antoine Walker. I'm really excited.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 11:36 PM   #8
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road

Denver, LA(with kobe) and memphis will not be better than us
Old 07-13-2004, 12:41 PM   #9
Some Guy

Some Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: Jamisonite
Uh, Memphis was just about as good as Dallas last year. And they haven't lost one of their 3 best players this offseason (as far as I know).

Denver was pretty good last year, and if they add Martin they could easily be as good as (or better than) Dallas post-Nash/Jamison.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:52 PM   #10
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Add Pheonix and Houston to that list. So that leaves SAC, SAS, MINN(the same teams that were ahead of us last year).
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote