Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-17-2004, 11:36 AM   #1
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default THE QUARTERLY SIKEY AWARDS ARE HERE..DID YOU WIN?

Ok okokokokokokokokokokok, I know that I’m late with the whole “quarterly” thing, but like many of you I am a cocaine addicted multimillionaire….wait…..that’s not me, that is Mary Kate Olson….*baaaazing*! Well here is what I have thought of the last three months….

The Sikey for “Best Lasting Conversation” of the last quarter:….and the Sikey goes to……the “IS SHAQ COMING TO DALLAS?” This little possibility brought out the best in our little family of basketball/mavs lunatics….of course any good convo fodder also brings out the trolls….oh well, you gotta take the good with the bad….my suggestion as always remains: Kill One Troll as am example and watch the others scatter like the little ticks sucking on the blood maggots who are eating the dead carcass of some poor spare that they are!

The Sikey for “Poster you most want to kick/laugh with/and hug/……and then kick again at the same time”….and the Sikey goes to……………………………Murphy3!!!!!!! Listen, I love this guy….and occasionally(often [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ) he drives me nuts….Is there any other poster whose verbal style can so quickly have you laughing/thinking/and pissed at the same time? I don’t think so…Murph is deserving of much of the criticism he receives…if you are a spare or even if you are an established poster who makes a spare comment you get the heat….which I love…. because I stay on his good side by feeding him fish heads and sour milk…the guys loves that stuff…he says it keeps him sharp. But when all is said and done, Murph is one of the best we have here….I love the way he quickly returns pms and always has an opinion.

The Sikey for “Guy Who knows the Details”……….and the Sikey goes to……PE!!!!! This guy just knows all the minutia of the game! Some come close in overall knowledge but when it comes to boring detail this guy is on top of the pile….(I did not mean this as a backhanded compliment [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ) if you have a question about free agency or the possibility of acquiring certain players or getting rid of specific contracts….ask him….most likely he knows the answer.

The Sikey for “Best Mod of the Quarter”…..and the Sikey goes to…………….MFF!!!!!!!! OUR first ever repeat…. Without a doubt in my mind, MavsFanFinley is the picture of what a Moderator should be. She is accurate with her info, contributes significantly with almost every post, she is firm with the trolls…(if her firmness would turn into wrath she would rank even higher) and she is never heavy handed with her “power” as mod. Other mods have great strengths….but MFF has no weaknesses. To keep her from winning this “award” every time, I am hatching a diabolical scheme to smear her reputation to the point of absolute and utter rejection from the entire forum…I cannot reveal all of my master plan now of course, but lets just say that Mexican midgets, New England carneys, and a seventy-three year old man named Gustafson will all be involved. Congrats MFF!

The Sikey for “Most underrated Poster”….and the Sikey goes to………………………Evilmav2.! This guy seems to always have a wonderful point and always expresses himself in an articulate way. Some may argue, how could the Evil one be underrated when he is such a major player on this forum? But I would suggest that Evil is one of this site absolute best and well rounded posters and is more than deserving of this “award”! Just knowing the game is not enough, being able to spit out facts is admirable but does not make you a wonderful poster….Personality and wit have to be involved and Evil has all of this in spades! One of my favorites…and most likely one of yours as well!

The Sikey award for “Best reason to give Mods guns”…..and the Sikey goes to………..all the trolls who pop up out of nowhere and think it is a grand idea to bring up threads from literally years ago and make a trite comments with no….absolutely NO IMPACT WHATSOEVER! I say give guns and bounty hunter licenses and slap em on the butt!

The Sikey award for “funniest poster of the quarter”…always my favorite award…….and the Sikey goes to…………………………..Madape!!!!! I don’t really know Madape, and certainly don’t want to offend him….but his tirades are geniusly hilarious and no one even comes near him in the realms of hysterical hyperbole! Congrats monkey, you had me and all of us laughing!

The Sikey award for “Most deserving of Moddum=becoming a mod”…..and the Sikey goes to………. dirno2000!!!!! I loved the choices of U2(my man!) and mavsfanforever…but now the next mod must be dirno! This guy is awesome and more than deserving….dj listen up….you don’t need to look too hard…the guy for the job is obvious!

And last but not least I need your votes for “Poster of the Quarter”…We will vote on this for two days(Sat and Sun) and next Monday whoever has the most votes will be crowned!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2004, 11:54 AM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: THE QUARTERLY SIKEY AWARDS ARE HERE..DID YOU WIN?

I think PE should get consideration. But there are too many to single out. But right now if I had to I would say PE. Or ddh33. Or...

You decide.
Old 07-17-2004, 02:32 PM   #3
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Haha... I stumble out of bed at my accustomed 2:00 Saturday wake up time, check the board, and what do I find but compliments and nice early afternoon Sikey award. Thanks a lot Sike, and in my opinion, your awards and fine Over/Under game are the shiznite...
Old 07-17-2004, 03:56 PM   #4
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

awards are overrated[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Anyway, I'm not sure if I could single out one poster. I agree with u2's suggestions, but can think of at almost a dozen others.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 05:49 PM   #5
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

I will work hard and promise to win some award next time.

Most missed poster of the quarter goes to BOGEY.
Old 07-17-2004, 07:28 PM   #6
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE:THE QUARTERLY SIKEY AWARDS ARE HERE..DID YOU WIN?

Mavsfanindenton for poster of the quarter.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 08:13 PM   #7
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

good job sike!

how about a lifetime achievement award for one of the gurus?

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 08:25 PM   #8
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

all gurus deserve it of course

but my favourite would be Chiwas

he posts the best jokes and babes...

Old 07-17-2004, 08:29 PM   #9
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I graciously accept my award and give thanks to everyone here. I will be rubbing it in good in the mod lounge later though. They can't help it if they're the Susan Lucci's of the sikey awards. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

It's too hard to narrow it down to one poster of the quarter. PE or KG would get my vote.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:30 PM   #10
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Poster of the quarter:

Ricky Davis
Old 07-17-2004, 10:17 PM   #11
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
They can't help it if they're the Susan Lucci's of the sikey awards. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
tell me about it. come on sike, who do I have to probe to get some props around here?

Old 07-17-2004, 10:36 PM   #12
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

the official Sikey committee has given me the ok to open up nominations for best troll and best butt-kicking.

my nomination for both goes to mavsfanindenton.

Old 07-17-2004, 10:38 PM   #13
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Psychedelic Fuzz
the official Sikey committee has given me the ok to open up nominations for best troll and best butt-kicking.

my nomination for both goes to mavsfanindenton.
boy do I second that vote!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] if only the kicking had ended in permanent departure...yeah, that would be nice!!!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 07-17-2004, 10:48 PM   #14
twelli
Diamond Member

I would give my vote to the one with the boxers and the Danish cheerleader in his sig

what was his name again?

Old 07-17-2004, 11:32 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

My sources tell me that bogey was taken to a slaughterhouse where the bright lights and promises of hot steamy heifers were enough to entice him into the chute of terror.

In related news, hamburger is selling for $1.83 a pound.

Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 01:02 AM   #16
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

my vote goes to KG.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 03:08 PM   #17
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I vote for RCF for poster of the quarter

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 06:29 PM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I vote for JoJo
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 08:03 PM   #19
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

What about Beeef?

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 08:24 PM   #20
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd have to give serious consideration to RainDog or whatever his name is.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:33 PM   #21
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: OzMavs
What about Beeef?
Oh man.....I had totally forgotten about that guy. ugh.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:38 PM   #22
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Who was the troll that said the bucknerize stuff...???
Old 07-18-2004, 08:43 PM   #23
Murphy3
Guru

I miss the random trolls that just join the site to attack me. They're definitely underrated.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:59 PM   #24
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
I miss the random trolls that just join the site to attack me. They're definitely underrated.
Like that xxxRaindogxxx dude. He was disturbing. He had it out for you for some reason.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:06 PM   #25
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Quote:
Like that xxxRaindogxxx dude. He was disturbing. He had it out for you for some reason.
I was on a roll that weekend...he was the third in three days.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:22 PM   #26
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I was on a roll that weekend...he was the third in three days.
man, and i cant even get one troll dedicated to hating me! ...somethings got to change!

Old 07-18-2004, 10:28 PM   #27
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I want my own private troll to rag on.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 10:34 PM   #28
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

PE gets my vote - he's definitely detail oriented.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 10:42 PM   #29
Murphy3
Guru

Why do you want to change your post right while I'm quoting you?
Old 07-18-2004, 10:54 PM   #30
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

hey...a woman has the right to change her mind once in a while

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 12:45 AM   #31
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

What about the newbie award?

My vote goes to DCowboyGal, she definitely knows what she's talking about. Her posts are more than 5 words each and they make sense. Go figure.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 06:56 PM   #32
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Who was the troll that said the bucknerize stuff...???
That was the Beeeeeeeef idiot.