Mavs414 is on a distinguished road
Default I WANT CARTER

I REALLY HOPE THIS TRADE WORKS I REALLY WANT CARTER
Old 07-16-2004, 11:44 AM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: I WANT CARTER

Don't hold your breath. But wait until the trade is complete before posting again. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 11:58 AM   #3
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

We don't need Carter, we got Finley.
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 01:15 PM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:I WANT CARTER

Quote:
Originally posted by: #41
and stackhouse.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 01:24 PM   #5
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

We really dont need Carter. Unless we make a trade for a big man that happens to land us Carter as well, I dont care too much for a Carter deal.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 02:34 PM   #6
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Quote:
and stackhouse.
and Daniels.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 02:38 PM   #7
DCowboysGal

DCowboysGal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
Quote:
and stackhouse.
and Daniels.
and Howard.
DCowboysGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 02:53 PM   #8
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: DCowboysGal
Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
Quote:
and stackhouse.
and Daniels.
and Howard.
and tony "i'm so short that when i tuck my jersey in you can't see my number" delk.
Old 07-16-2004, 03:11 PM   #9
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough

With Carter I would have some injury and chemistry issues, but Carter was a guy I had my eye on this offseason due to his value being lower then previous years. I am not sure if he would make us a better team, but it sure would be fun to watch.

excuse me Frederick Weis

Another angle of good ole Frederick

More flash than substance?? Maybe. Although if healthy he is still probably one of the top 10 players in the league IMO.
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 05:01 PM   #10
jabbadahut

jabbadahut is on a distinguished road

carter? just what the mavs need, another scorer who can't play defense.
jabbadahut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 05:14 PM   #11
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

How can people talk about Finley's injury issues and then turn around and beg for Carter?
Old 07-19-2004, 05:28 PM   #12
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
How can people talk about Finley's injury issues and then turn around and beg for Carter?
Carter's younger, has a better handle. Other than that, I think most people (myself included) just want some change. Finley is also losing his trade value very quickly.
Old 07-19-2004, 05:37 PM   #13
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Carter's younger, has a better handle. Other than that, I think most people (myself included) just want some change. Finley is also losing his trade value very quickly.
Hmmm. Carter is younger but all those injuries set off alarm bells with me. No doubt Carter will sell more tickets/jerseys/etc, but why make a change just to make one?

He's still a max contract, only about $2 million cheaper than Finley a year. I thought the purpose to rid of Finley was to rid of another max contract?
Old 07-19-2004, 05:38 PM   #14
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
Quote:
Hmmm. Carter is younger but all those injuries set off alarm bells with me. No doubt Carter will sell more tickets/jerseys/etc, but why make a change just to make one?

He's still a max contract, only about $2 million cheaper than Finley a year. I thought the purpose to rid of Finley was to rid of another max contract?
Cuban would appreciate 2 million every year Im sure and concessions might put him further ahead.
Old 07-19-2004, 05:40 PM   #15
cripple balls

cripple balls is on a distinguished road

we dont need carter, finley, or stackhouse. We need two or three big guys who can defend and board.
cripple balls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 05:52 PM   #16
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Quote:
Cuban would appreciate 2 million every year Im sure and concessions might put him further ahead.
I don't think Cuban has tightened up that much. His argument is more about not having aging players past the 2008 season.

If he does make a move like this, I'd start thinking Nash was right about Cuban being in it for himself. Meaning it's a move to make a splash in the headlines and draw more attention to things that have nothing to do with making the team better.

It would also make me wonder what players around the league would think of banishing Finley to a team like Toronto, not to mention the decision of not paying Nash. You could even take it further by what would happen to the "revolving door" reputation if they bring Carter in just to turn around and trade him when he's served his purpose.

I have no problem with them trading Finley if it's to clear the money, or if it brings in a need like a center or pg, but this deal does neither.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:49 PM   #17
LordOfTheMavs

LordOfTheMavs is on a distinguished road

I'm with cripple balls. (Can't believe I just said that!)

The Pistons last year showed Cuban/Nellie what to do. Younger, more atheletic defensive minded rebounding teams that play controlled half-court offense can just walk right into a championship, because the rest of the NBA has forgetten how basketball was meant to be played.

BTW. I'm not sure I really want to know, but, dare I ask.... What IS a 'cripple balls'???
LordOfTheMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 12:51 AM   #18
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

I don't think the Mavs need players that believe they have the right to dicatate who the coach and general manager is. This sets off alarm bells for me; however, he is a dynamite player that could be very good paired with Harris, Daniels, Howard and Finley. Imagine that athleticism. Nellie could play 4 guards along with Nowitzki and it would actually work. Who would you double team? It would be virtually an unguardable team and the perimeter D would be very good. Unfortunately, their interior defense would suck like hell. But it sure would be exciting to see!!!
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 09:05 PM   #19
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

I would have no problem trading just howard and finley for Carter. Clearly Carter would be an upgrade at the 2/3, but if you trade Walker as well. I wouldn't do the deal.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 09:17 PM   #20
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I'd trade Fin straight up for Carter any day. You get younger and more athletic. However if I have to add Howard or Harris or Pavel to get it done, then no thank you. I'd throw in a future draft pick and $3 million but none of the young guys. Fortson, Delk, Najera, or Stackhouse could be bundled in a multiplayer swap as long as we didn't get back more players than we traded.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:22 AM   #21
doggnutz

doggnutz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
I'd trade Fin straight up for Carter any day. You get younger and more athletic. However if I have to add Howard or Harris or Pavel to get it done, then no thank you. I'd throw in a future draft pick and $3 million but none of the young guys. Fortson, Delk, Najera, or Stackhouse could be bundled in a multiplayer swap as long as we didn't get back more players than we traded.
I think Cuban would be a fool not to want Carter. Finely for Carter is a no brainer. Think for a min. You get rid of Finely's contract and age, in return you take a chance on a guy when healthy is a top 5 player. Also the new jerseys come out this year by P Diddy. P Diddy jerseys plus Carter, can you say $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.. This would be a excellent business decision for Cuban, and he deserves it. He turned this franschise around so quickly and spent so much money it's time he makes a revenue move, and Finely for Carter doesn't hurt the team. nor does Walker for Carter.

doggnutz is offline   Reply With Quote