Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-24-2004, 10:18 PM   #1
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all
Default PHI / DAL / GState

Heres a proposal where everyone gets what they want........................I think[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

PHILLY trades
Glenn Robinson
Marc Jackson
Sam Dalembert
Derrick Coleman
Future 2nd Rounder
PHILLY receives
Antoine Walker
Erick Dampier
Tony Delk

Golden State trades
Erick Dampier (resigned at 7 mil 1st year)
Golden State receives
Christian Laettner
2 future 2nd rounders

DALLAS TRADES
Antoine Walker
Christian Leattner
Tony Delk
Future 2nd Rounder
DALLAS RECEIVES
Glenn Robinson
Marc Jackson
Sam Dalembert
Derrick Coleman

Why Philly does this : They dump a little salary (DC & Jackson), While picking up a lot of Talent, but have to sacrifice a little future(Sam&pick). And with Iverson getting older, this could be the last chance to go after it.
<u>DEPTH CHART</u>
Dampier/Skinner
Thomas/Walker
Walker/Brown/Iquodala
Iverson/Buckner/Korver
Ollie/Green/Delk
possible playoff team??

Why GoldenState does this : To get something for Dampier. They get a good reserve, whose contracts comes off the books, and two picks to boot.

Why Dallas does this : to get rid of Walker, add some PF depth, and a young Center to grow with the rest of this team. And I know some will want Dampier, but IMO Dallas wants more youth and not an incossistant Veteran. Also I've seen written that Coleman has a 2.5mil buyout, so he wouldn't stick around. And although I don't like GRobinson, he IS still in the last year of his deal, and can be traded at the deadline as a $drop.

<u> DEPTH CHART </u>
Dalembert/ Bradley/ PPOD
Dirk/ Jackson/ DJ
Fin/ GRob
Stack/ JHO
Daniels/ Harris

IR: Najera/AJ/Fort
Overseas: Steffason/ Flores
?????: TAW
buyout: DC

and Fort or Najera could easily be replaced by Robinson on the IR

ASLO, IMO Dallas gets the worst end of this deal, so I could see Korver added to Dallas. But that would add another player to this crowded roster.
And I know this would have to be after August 24th (Leattner).
Old 07-25-2004, 12:01 AM   #2
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future
Default RE:PHI / DAL / GState

I think GS gets the worst deal. It would definitely make sense for them if they got a first and second rounder, or two firsts, but I don't see two second round picks being a big enough incentive for them to do the deal.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 12:10 AM   #3
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all
Default RE: PHI / DAL / GState

really, well i guess Philly could turn their pick into Korver, but I don't see anyone offering a 1st and cap relief
Old 07-25-2004, 10:08 AM   #4
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road
Default RE:PHI / DAL / GState

I doubt if GS moves Damp without forcing another team to take Eschmeyer
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote