Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 07-27-2004, 05:38 PM   #1
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about
Default Two-Face

mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2004, 06:09 PM   #2
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts
Default RE:Two-Face

WOW- two faceds..

I guess it could be worse..he could be a president who:

Chose to protect the tax cuts for the rich at all costs while withholding promised funding to the Leave No Child Behind Act, leaving 2.1 million children behind.

Chose to protect the tax cuts, while cutting 140,000 unemployed workers out of their job training programs, 100,000 working families out of their child care assistance, and worst of all, while cutting 300,000 poor children out of their after-school programs when we know it keeps them off the streets, out of trouble, in school, learning, going to college and having a good life.

Chose to protect the rich tax cuts while dramatically raising the out-of-pocket costs of health care to our veterans and while weakening or reversing very important environmental measures that Al Gore and I put into place, everything from clean air to the protection of our forests.

Now, in this time, everyone in America had to sacrifice except the wealthiest Americans. And most of us, almost all of us, from Republicans to independents and Democrats, we wanted to be asked to do our part, too. But all they asked us to do was to expend the energy necessary to open the envelopes containing our tax cuts. Now, if you like these choices and you agree with them, you should vote to return them to the White House and the Congress. If not, take a look at John Kerry, John Edwards (news - web sites) and the Democrats. We've got a different economic policy.

In this year's budget, the White House this year wants to cut off all the federal funding for 88,000 uniformed police officers under the COPS program we've had for 10 years. Among those 88,000 police are more than 700 members of the New York Police Department who put their lives on the line on 9/11.

With gang violence rising, and with all of us looking for terrorists in our midst and hoping they're not too well armed or too dangerous, the president and the Congress are about to allow the 10- year-old ban on deadly assault weapons to lapse.

I guess I will take a flip flopper who may change his mind over President who cares more about IRAQ(something he SHOULD have flip flopped on) than the people in his own country....
Old 07-27-2004, 06:20 PM   #3
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Chose to protect the tax cuts for the rich at all costs while withholding promised funding to the Leave No Child Behind Act, leaving 2.1 million children behind.
No children were left behind. The entire no child left behind act is a humongous waste of money. The fact that children are going to school and being fed means that they're being taken care of well enough. When I think of a child left behind I think of the starving children in Iraq who have no homes, parents, clothing or food to their name. Don't they count too?
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 06:21 PM   #4
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Reeds, you DO know that convention speeches--from both parties--are filled with little besides empty rhetoric, don't you? Please don't tell me you are going to make "informed" decisions based on a convention speech.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 06:23 PM   #5
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
Reeds, you DO know that convention speeches--from both parties--are filled with little besides empty rhetoric, don't you? Please don't tell me you are going to make "informed" decisions based on a convention speech.
Reeds mind was made up 4 years ago on who he would vote for.

And what do you mean convention speeches from both sides are filled with rhetoric? [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img] (<-That, chum, is the sarcasm icon)
Old 07-27-2004, 07:02 PM   #6
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Well, when I said "both sides," of course I meant Democrat and Green Party.

[img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img] <-- Is the moon the sarcasm icon? I'll find out now...
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote