Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-13-2004, 12:59 PM   #1
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default THE QUARTERLY SIKEYS ARE IN YOUR FACE!...ARE YOU A WINNER OR A WIENER?

Looking back over the last quarter of July/August/September made something very clear: it is much harder and demands more creativity to be a productive and valuable poster in the off-season. Worthwhile topics are not just slapping you in the face day after day making the member who can constantly make quality posts a valuable thing indeed. I have trimmed the number of “awards” I hand out down from around ten to 5, hopefully making them a bit more “precious” to the winner [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. This has been an odd quarter for our beloved Mavs, they lose an all star point guard (traitor and money whore he be) which brings great distress to many. They acquire an unproven but explosive tweener 1/2 who has the talent to play wonderfully under Nelson…now the question is, “WILL HE?” They trade for the center of many fans dreams….(and monkey’s nightmares [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ) but was his one great year an aberration motivated by cash or a true break out year? Lots of questions will be unearthed over the next quarter, but for now….lets look back and see who floated out boat in the last one!

And the first “award” is for Class Act of the quarter…………..and the SIKEY goes to……….. LRB!!!!!! No longer just a jokester, LRB has shown a lotta class as a mod…not overly forceful or too addicted (as some) to giving mod “warnings”, but also willing to put an end to things when they about to go too far. Over the past three months, he has gone from my joking buddy to a serious contributor in every aspect of this, our wonderful forum. Congrats, LRB, you had at least one good quarter [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

And now, the “award” for most underrated poster…..and the SIKEY goes to…………..grndmstr_c!!!!!!!!! This guy has been amazing over the past quarter and is proving to be one of our best overall posters. Without a doubt, C(as I call him), has become one of the most thoughtful and influential members we have. I love reading his posts; they are always filled with reason and backed up by hard stats. A new star is rising, and its shaped like a “C”……wow…..just so you know, I wrote this last sentence in hopes of being as corny as possible….I have succeeded. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The “award” for Poster We Need More Of…..and the SIKEY goes to………………Psychedelic Fuzz!!!!!!!!!!!…..when he is here, he is one of the most well rounded members we have: funny but makes his point, insightful but not boring. The local expert on all things Jazz and or Musical (don’t tell Veruca I said this [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ) is quite simply one of my favorite posters and more than deserving of this “award”…congrats Fuzz!

The “award” for Best Mod of the quarter………and the SIKEY goes to……….u2sarajevo!!!! A former winner of the class act award, U2 has proved more than worthy of mod status. Whether he is reminding idiots how to properly post links or just keeping his cool when other mods would threaten termination, U2 has a way of making it all work out…..he is a great mod and an even more valuable poster! Congrats to our local PC wizard [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The “award” for funniest poster (always my favorite category)…..and the SIKEY goes to…………..XERXES!!!!! Some might be wondering how SEXREX gets this “award”…well I would suggest that you read every freakin post by this guy and be ready to laugh! He is one of the funniest posters here and without a doubt has had a hysterical quarter! He is not loud with his humor….more subtle, like Owen Wilson(this reference is just for Erica [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ) …he makes me laugh and not just write “lol”(I hate “lol”)…good job funny man….now go get Daddy elected again! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

As usual, the shinning star of our little gimmick known as SIKEY “awards” is the poster of the quarter…..which you decide by offering your ONE vote….I know it is hard to just pick one…that is the best and easiest way to determine who wins….so go ahead….cast your vote for poster of the quarter….in a couple days I’ll count em up and declare the winner!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2004, 01:41 PM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:THE QUARTERLY SIKEYS ARE IN YOUR FACE!...ARE YOU A WINNER OR A WIENER?

I'll have to wait another three months before dying....*sigh*
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 01:47 PM   #3
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of
Default RE:THE QUARTERLY SIKEYS ARE IN YOUR FACE!...ARE YOU A WINNER OR A WIENER?

I've been working on my acceptance speech:

(ahem)

My loving people, we have been persuaded by some, that are careful of our safety, to take heed how we commit ourselves to armed multitudes, for fear of treachery; but I assure you, I do not desire to live to distrust my faithful and loving people. Let tyrants fear; I have always so behaved myself that, under God, I have placed my chiefest strength and safeguard in the loyal hearts and good will of my subjects. And therefore I am come amongst you at this time, not as for my recreation or sport, but being resolved, in the midst and heat of the battle, to live or die amongst you all; to lay down, for my God, and for my kingdom, and for my people, my honour and my blood, even the dust. I know I have but the body of a weak and feeble woman; but I have the heart of a king, and of a king of England, too; and think foul scorn that Parma or Spain, or any prince of Europe, should dare to invade the borders of my realms: to which, rather than any dishonour should grow by me, I myself will take up arms; I myself will be your general, judge, and rewarder of every one of your virtues in the field. I know already, by your forwardness, that you have deserved rewards and crowns; and we do assure you, on the word of a prince, they shall be duly paid you. In the mean my lieutenant general shall be in my stead, than whom never prince commanded a more noble and worthy subject; not doubting by your obedience to my general, by your concord in the camp, and by your valour in the field, we shall shortly have a famous victory over the enemies of my God, of my kingdom, and of my people.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:51 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: THE QUARTERLY SIKEYS ARE IN YOUR FACE!...ARE YOU A WINNER OR A WIENER?

It was rigged I tell ya.....
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 01:53 PM   #5
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: THE QUARTERLY SIKEYS ARE IN YOUR FACE!...ARE YOU A WINNER OR A WIENER?

I AM NOT A WEINIE!!!!!

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 01:57 PM   #6
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary
I AM NOT A WEINIE!!!!!
Aren't you missing an "r"?

Old 09-13-2004, 02:02 PM   #7
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: XERXES
I think she meant Wieneeeeeeee instead of Wiener. Like treaty, as opposed to treater?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2004, 02:05 PM   #8
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Quote:
I think she meant Wieneeeeeeee instead of Wiener. Like treaty, as opposed to treater?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
nice [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 09-13-2004, 02:23 PM   #9
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary
I AM NOT A WEINIE!!!!!
Great reference. I can hear it in my head.

chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 02:31 PM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

The Sikeys' have gone down hill. It's gone from a must read event to an event that garners about as much attention as the Australian Open. Is it tennis? Is it golf? Does anyone really care anymore?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 02:38 PM   #11
sike
The Preacha

ahhhh murph.....so bitter that he did not win.
I would ask him why they have gone down hill? the format is the same.....
I care....at least a bit [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
and that is enough.

Old 09-13-2004, 02:47 PM   #12
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

twelli got my vote this quater for all categories, excepting the mod's which goes for all the mods who agreed to ban uberdirk again.
Old 09-13-2004, 02:50 PM   #13
XERXES
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
The Sikeys' have gone down hill. It's gone from a must read event to an event that garners about as much attention as the Australian Open. Is it tennis? Is it golf? Does anyone really care anymore?
et tu, brute?
Old 09-13-2004, 03:55 PM   #14
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

I'm not a winner in the Sikey relm (?). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Oh, the bitter reality! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2004, 04:08 PM   #15
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: Smiles
I'm not a winner in the Sikey relm (?). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Smiles is a winner in everyones book! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-13-2004, 05:16 PM   #16
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

It's about time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 05:27 PM   #17
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Psychedelic Fuzz
It's about time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2004, 08:51 PM   #18
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
twelli got my vote this quater for all categories, excepting the mod's which goes for all the mods who agreed to ban uberdirk again.
Damn, I didn't give Sike enough answers for quiz questions through PMs.

Do I have to give him ALL answers to let him win ONCE?

Anyway, all sikey award winners deserve it. Congrats!

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 08:59 PM   #19
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: twelli
Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
Damn, I didn't give Sike enough answers for quiz questions through PMs.
Do I have to give him ALL answers to let him win ONCE?
Anyway, all sikey award winners deserve it. Congrats!
ouch [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

well, despite twelli's lack of giving me the answers... the picture thread has been far and away the best game in the lounge for quite a while! worthy of an honorary Sikey.....

Old 09-13-2004, 09:57 PM   #20
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Gratuitous sucking up to mods will get you everywhere. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2004, 10:27 PM   #21
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

More contrived than the F'ing Video Music Awards.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 10:34 PM   #22
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Even though I didn't win, can I still give an acceptance speech?
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 10:52 PM   #23
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
More contrived than the F'ing Video Music Awards.
and he watches those every year too!

Old 09-13-2004, 10:55 PM   #24
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsman55
Even though I didn't win, can I still give an acceptance speech?
but MAVs 55, you won... the Award for most Inappropriate Evening Gown...

(oops, wrong thread...)

[img]i/expressions/anim_roller.gif[/img]

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:39 PM   #25
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

I did not win this time also. Life sucks.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:43 PM   #26
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Quote:
Originally posted by: Smiles
Smiles is a winner in everyones book! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
That ought to cover me from here on out. I'll assume I'm the unspoken winner in any and all up coming award threads.

(Thanks Sikey, my ego needed that boost today.) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2004, 12:55 PM   #27
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I saw Brittany and Madonna makeout at the Sikey's. Also does anyone know what the deal was with that Native American who rejected Marlon Brando's Sikey?

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 01:17 PM   #28
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: grbh
I saw Brittany and Madonna makeout at the Sikey's. Also does anyone know what the deal was with that Native American who rejected Marlon Brando's Sikey?
Genius.

I think she(the Native American) was denouncing the way the sikey's portray her people. Apparently, she thinks the alien is really down on the Blackfoot.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:30 PM   #29
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: grbh
Genius.

I think she(the Native American) was denouncing the way the sikey's portray her people. Apparently, she thinks the alien is really down on the Blackfoot.
as a spokesperson for the Sikey committee, I can affirm that we (the board) do hold great prejudice against the Blackfoot...we feel that throughout history they have been usually cruel to the Yellowfoot peoples and the Slightlybluefoot tribes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-14-2004, 03:47 PM   #30
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

wrong, wrong, and maybe
Old 09-14-2004, 08:11 PM   #31
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
wrong, wrong, and maybe

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] huh?

Old 09-14-2004, 08:48 PM   #32
XERXES
Diamond Member

do y'all remember when the bassist from Rage Against The Machine climbed the scaffolding onstage at the Sikeys? crazy.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:18 PM   #33
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
do y'all remember when the bassist from Rage Against The Machine climbed the scaffolding onstage at the Sikeys? crazy.
I thought that was madape.

Old 09-14-2004, 10:50 PM   #34
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I recall to your mind the greatness of a drunk Joe Namath hitting on that chick at the Sikeys.....

Old 09-14-2004, 10:52 PM   #35
XERXES
Diamond Member

Is it true that old Abe Lincoln was assasinated at the 1st ever Sikey Awards Banquet?
Old 09-15-2004, 08:58 AM   #36
sike
The Preacha

I cannot confirm that, but I can tell you that the first time JFK and Marilyn "knocked boots" was at the Sikey's life time achievement award ceremony for good 'ole boy Nolen Ryan.

Old 09-15-2004, 09:46 AM   #37
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Was Nolen related to Nolan?
Old 09-15-2004, 09:55 AM   #38
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Was Nolen related to Nolan?
the fireballer used to spell his name with an "e" but so as not to be confused with the Nolen Ryan who beat small dogs and kicked elderly women he changed the spelling of his name....and of course he accounced this....at the Sikeys.