Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 03-18-2002, 10:54 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

The Rangers just traded Justin Duchscherer to the Oakland Athletics for pitcher Luis Vizcaino. Since the Rangers traded Doug Mirabelli for Duke...we just got Vizcaino for basically nothing.

For those of you who don't know who this guy is...I think you might like him. He has a live arm. He may or may not be here long though. Hart has already said that Vizcaino is the kind of player that could be included in another trade.

Vizcaino has no options which means he probably won't be showing up in OKC. He either makes the Ranger bullpen or he is packaged with other prospects for our next new starter.

ESPN's take on him earlier this season was:

2002 Outlook After getting settled in 2001, Vizcaino should establish himself as a setup man to begin this season. With Jason Isringhausen gone and the disposition of Billy Koch uncertain, Vizcaino is a key figure in the A's pen. Don't be surprised if he moves into the closer's role within the next year or so.

Great move by Hart...again.

Link
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2002, 07:23 AM   #2
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I like the trade depending on what the Rangers have in mind for him. Hopefully one of two things:

1. They think he can help in the bullpen immediately

2. They know they can trade him

If neither of those happen then the Rangers have just traded Justin Ducchscherer for nothing.
I like the idea of the trade though

Ona another note has anyone else noticed Hart's affinity for the power pitcher (Rocker, Park sort of), and distaste for the finesse pitcher Ducchscherer, Ramos, and Davis. I've found it interesting.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 04:14 PM   #3
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

I think this was a move to make a move. Hart amazes me time and time again. If he can some how pull another trade to get a #2 or #3 starter, I will be even more amazed.

Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 04:40 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

If neither of those happen then the Rangers have just traded Justin Ducchscherer for nothing.

But remember..we got Duke for Mirabelli who was going to be cut if we couldn't trade him. So we really didn't lose anything in the grand scheme of things. I think if Viz doesn't contribute as a set up guy that he is packaged for a #3-5 starter. This will one day soon be looked upon as a solid trade.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 01:55 AM   #5
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Good point, i didn't know that. Still I would like to parlay him into something, and we may.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 12:04 AM   #6
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Hart has the opinion that power pitchers are better because they don't put the ball in play as often. Thus there are less unearned runs.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote