Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-12-2004, 10:36 AM   #1
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default Pete Sessions Nude Photos!

TEXAS CONGRESSMAN BARES ALL, IN 1974 PHOTO
WINS News ^ | 10/12/04

Posted on 10/12/2004 6:47:29 AM PDT by areafiftyone

DALLAS (AP) -- The gloves have come off in the tight election race between two Texas congressmen - and every other article of clothing appears to be fair game as well. Democrats on Monday circulated old newspaper clippings of a 1974 college streaking stunt staged by hundreds of students - including then-18-year-old Pete Sessions - at Southwest Texas State University.

The conservative Republican congressman - who wrote a column condemning Janet Jackson's nude display during her 2004 Super Bowl halftime performance - apparently bared his bottom with about 300 others in a stunt that ended with arrests and a clash with police. Newspapers were filled with nude photos and headlines like: "Dudes, Broads, Bare Bods."

Southwest Texas students were apparently trying to break a streaking record set by another university amid a nationwide college streaking craze.

"Congressman Sessions' old school days are long gone," said Sessions' spokesman Chris Homan. "He recognizes it as an immature action of an 18-year-old college freshman."

But the campaign of Democrat Rep. Martin Frost is holding his rival's bare body to the fire.

"Pete Sessions exposed himself to children and strangers," said Frost spokesman Justin Kitsch. "He's exposed himself as a hypocrite as well."

Sessions' spokesman dismissed the comparison of Sessions' juvenile acts with those of Jackson. But the flap isn't the kind of exposure the four-term Republican wants in the final weeks of a tight race with Frost, a 13-term Democrat.

The two incumbents are battling each other in a Republican-leaning district in the Dallas area. Frost, Texas' senior congressman, lost his district under Republican redistricting last year.

Sessions transferred from Southwest, which is now called Texas State University, to Southwestern University in Georgetown, Texas, where he graduated in 1978.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2004, 11:25 AM   #2
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Pete Sessions Nude Photos!

Without any comment on who should win that race, that's a pretty darn weak attack. He was 18 and he streaked, right? SO WHAT?
Old 10-12-2004, 12:30 PM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Pete Sessions Nude Photos!

Anyone noticed the martin frost commercials with all of the 911 wtc photos? Where o' where is the dem' outrage over politicising the tragedy. What a bunch o' hypocrites.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 12:31 PM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway, hell who DIDN'T streak back then...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 12:34 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Also....it was Southwest Texas State. Wasn't streaking mandatory of all incoming freshmen in those days? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

BTW dude....excellent point about the dimocrats use of the WTC in their advertising. Excellent point.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 01:43 PM   #6
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Martin Frost has a horrible record on issues most important to me and I hope he loses. But Pete Sessions is an idiot. We all do stupid crap in college, so this doesn't bother me all that much, but if Sessions loses this campaign it wouldn't surprise me. He'll get the republican vote because Frost is so liberal, but Session is repulsive to democrats and to independents. He better hope it's not a close race.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 02:13 PM   #7
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

I am announcing that I am temporarily ending my unannounced boycot of this forum for the following public announcement:

"BWAA-HA-HA-HAAA-HAAAAAA. HA-HA-HA. HA-HA-HA. HA-HA-HA. HA-HA-HA. HA-HA-HA."

Oh, there is more.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

Oh, my. I am going to have a smile on my face the rest of the day because of this.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 04:21 PM   #8
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

The minute I see a picture of either of these men naked is the minute I put a gun in my mouth. Please don't publish them. Please Please Please.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote