Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-26-2002, 11:04 PM   #1
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

Yes, they got the W, and thats all that matters, but they looked like shit. No Allen, No Cassell. They may as well of been playing Denver.

You did beat my team- well, sorta...
Old 03-26-2002, 11:06 PM   #2
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Why is an OT win worth less than a blowout?
Old 03-26-2002, 11:07 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Couldn't agree more. The Mavs looked like shit. However, great teams find ways to win. The Mavs turned it on when they had to and they won as a result. This is exactly the type of game that wins Division Championships. You have to win the close ones, the expected ones, the ones in which you are playing like crap but are still around at the end somehow. Put this one in the win column, forget about it and Beat Minny!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 11:08 PM   #4
Kat

Kat is on a distinguished road

<< You did beat my team- well, sorta... >>

Explanation, please.
Old 03-26-2002, 11:12 PM   #5
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

Explanation is simple Kat. About 50% of the Bucks scoring (Allen &amp; Cassell), didnt play. That would be like the Mavs playing without Dirk and Nash. And I dont need to tell you what kind of a drop off that would be....

No-im not making excuses, a win is a win is a win. Im just saying, they didnt beat the Bucks A squad, they beat their bench squad...
Old 03-26-2002, 11:14 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Bottom line...like you said, A win is a win. Period. The end.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 11:16 PM   #7
reeds
Golden Member

TRUE- but come playoff time, the Mavs wont be playing the Kings without Webber and Bibby, of the Lakers without Shaq and Kobe. Period. The END.
Old 03-26-2002, 11:18 PM   #8
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

<< TRUE- but come playoff time, the Mavs wont be playing the Kings without Webber and Bibby, of the Lakers without Shaq and Kobe. Period. The END. >>

In the playofffs you can not do any better than WIN which is what Dallas did. Finley stood up in a generally slack game- a good sign, especially since he has had an off year for his standards
Old 03-26-2002, 11:21 PM   #9
reeds
Golden Member

Yes, Finley was big tonight- he carried the team on his back until they woke up late..NVE woke up big in the fourth also...
Old 03-26-2002, 11:33 PM   #10
Kat

Kat is on a distinguished road

Reeds, the only reason I questioned your statement;

<< [i]You did beat my team- well, sorta... /Q]

Was because I am so accustommed to non- Mavs fans being on this site. I was questioning who &quot;was your team&quot;.
Old 03-27-2002, 12:03 AM   #11
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

If you checked the game-time thread Reeds, you saw a lot of criticism of the Mavs play. We got the W which is what really counts, but it was not an impressive win. The Mavs played well below their capability against a team they should have been able to dominate given Milwaukee's injury problems.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 01:44 AM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

look at the lakers..they just beat the cavs tonight.

guess what,..no, no one wants the mavs to play poorly. however, when they do have an off game, it is nice to see the mavs still pick up the win.

the mavs had played 4 good games in a row... it's fine to have an off game and pick up the win
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote