Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-29-2004, 11:24 AM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Preseason Stats

I listed them in order of points averaged as does the official site.

Official

Dirk (5) 27.8min, 37.3%, 12.5%, 89.7%, 18.4pts, 7.6rbs, 2.6as, 1stl, 1.4blks, 3.2tos

Finley (4) 27min, 46.3%, 44.4%, 100%, 16.3pts, 3rbs, 2.8as, .25stls, 0blks, 1.25tos

Terry (6) 28.8min, 38.6%, 36%, 84.2%, 13.2pts, 2.5rbs, 4.3as, 1.33stls, 0blks, 1.83tos

Howard (8) 32.4min, 44.7%, 30.8%, 77.4%, 13pts, 5.4rbs, 2.9as, 1.13stls, .50blks, 1.75tos

Harris (7) 31.1min, 34.2%, 29.6%, 71.1%, 12.9pts, 2.7rbs, 4.3as, 3.14stls, .57blks, 2tos

Stackhouse (2) 23min, 31.8%, 0%, 90.9%, 12pts, 5rbs, 1.5as, 1.5stls, 0blks, 1.5tos

Dampier (7) 26.3min, 54.7%, 0%, 69.7%, 11.6pts, 8rbs, .7as, .25stls, .71blks, 2.57tos

Dickau (4) 15min, 53.8%, 70%, 33.3%, 9.5pts, 2rbs, 1.5as, 0stls, 0blks, 1.25tos

Booth (8) 22.1min, 32.7%, 0%, 91.7%, 5.9pts, 5.5rbs, .5as, 0stls, 1.13blks, 1.13tos

Henderson (8) 20.6min, 42.3%, 0%, 56.3%, 3.9pts, 2.9rbs, .4as, .50stls, .25blks, .50tos

MBenga (7) 14min, 54.5%, 0%, 100%, 3.9pts, 3.9rbs, .4as, .14stls, 1.14blks, .86tos

Bradley (6) 9.5min, 50%, 0%, 71.4%, 3.5pts, 1.8rbs, .5as, .33stls, .33blks, 1to
Old 10-29-2004, 11:35 AM   #2
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default RE:Preseason Stats

Turnovers are going to be an issue this year. Hopefully, improved defense will make up for that.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 11:55 AM   #3
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Turnovers are going to be an issue this year. Hopefully, improved defense will make up for that.
I don't think TOs will be a problem. They've GREATLY fixed the TO problem compared to how it was and with time it will only get better.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 12:32 PM   #4
seal614

seal614 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Preseason Stats

Given the limited minutes for many of these guys... their stats are looking about right. (%'s a bit off) Wow, Devin 3+ steals in 31 minutes.

- Brian
seal614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 12:42 PM   #5
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Very good scoring-wise. I'd like to see better rebounding and assisting in the regular season.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 01:00 PM   #6
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Should I be worried at he poor shooting from the field?

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 01:17 PM   #7
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

I don't think you should be too worried about our shooting pct. Once games start counting for real, our post players are going to start muscling harder for positioning in the paint, Nowitzki (and hopefully Finley) are going to see much more playing time, and our slashers are going to get off the IR and start working.

I've got to say the numbers look pretty good, and I'm excited at the prospect of what this season might be like. Hopefully our last game against the Kings is a preview of what we might expect to see night-in, night-out with the Mavs. Runnin' Gunnin' high-octane offense. Our defensive intensity has also picked up a little, and I expect it to get even better.

I sure hope that Nellie reins in the TOs, I remember reading that part of the reason why the Mavs were so successful in the past with TOs is because Nellie associated it with playing time.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 01:44 PM   #8
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Preseason Stats

Our last 4 games we've had 13, 13, 15, and 14 TO's. That's a bit up from previous years, but our preseason averages are still good for 4th fewest in the league.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:11 PM   #9
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Should I be worried at he poor shooting from the field?
guys like Damp, Dirk, Dickau are good % shooters and will be fine(Damp and DD did had great % both well over 50%), Howard around 45% is good for him...don't worried about the field goal %, the injuries would be much more of a concern, if I were a worrier. Though I would like the point guards to pull up their collective %.
I think the Turnovers will be up a bit, but not enough to knock them to the bottom half of the league.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 03:48 PM   #10
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Definitely we're going to have more turnovers this year than in the last several years. However, I think that we should see a gradual improvement as the season goes on. I also think that we should get more turnovers from our opponents than past years. Add the extra forced turnovers from our defense to less shooting % and keeping rebounds close to last year if not better and we should come out ahead overall IMO.