Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-01-2004, 04:20 PM   #1
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough
Default Charlie Rosen on Mavs

vSo this team is supposed to play better defense and be more of a serious contender than the hurry-up-and-score-so-we-can-score Mavericks of seasons past? Does even Don Nelson believe this nonsense?

Marquis Daniels can jump, drive, slash, shoot a decent pull-up jumper, and use his extra-long arms to reach across the border. But can he match Steve Nash's court awareness, outside shooting, and sheer guts? Not yet.

Jason Terry can produce at both ends of the game and he'll be more unselfish now that he's been liberated from Atlanta. As long as he is not allowed to play the point (he'd much rather shoot than pass), this guy can be a monster.

Michael Finley doesn't play defense any more, is getting softer around the edges (local Mav-watchers call him "Charmin"), and at this stage of his career is mostly a pull-up jump shooter.

Jerry Stackhouse is a relic — give him the ball and get out of the way, or else keep him on the bench.

Dirk Nowitzki is a point machine who depends on pump fakes to create room for his deadly jumpers. Okay, so he's soft as melted butter — but that's why Dallas signed Erick Dampier.

Dampier can run, block shots and has a limited but effective repertoire in the post. Unfortunately he also produces lots of turnovers and very few assists. Damper is strictly a role player who doesn't always play hard, yet he's being cast as the Mavericks' savior.

In Dallas, necessity is the mother of fantasy.

Young player to watch: Daniels has to step up and play like a wily veteran or else the Mavs will never break out of the same old corral.
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2004, 04:36 PM   #2
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Charlie Rosen on Mavs

Quote:
(local Mav-watchers call him "Charmin"),
[img]i/expressions/anim_laugh.gif[/img]

That's a new one for me. I don't agree with a thing this guy has said other than his bit on Terry who he actually gave props to.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 05:32 PM   #3
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Michael Finley doesn't play defense any more, is getting softer around the edges (local Mav-watchers call him "Charmin"), and at this stage of his career is mostly a pull-up jump shooter.
Right. That's why he was in the Top 5 "Toughest Players" in that player poll taken a few months ago. Or somesuch.

Also, I doubt any local Mav-watchers call Mike "Charmin". I'd like to see him name ONE that does.

Rosen bagged on the Mavs when they were "All Offense", and now he acts as if the prior incarnation of this team was so much better than this one. What a goofball.

Old 11-01-2004, 05:36 PM   #4
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I actually enjoy reading this guy, but he hates everybody.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:02 PM   #5
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Charlie Rosen on Mavs

How rediculous.
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 06:12 PM   #6
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
I actually enjoy reading this guy, but he hates everybody.
Except his bud, Phil Jackson. Everyone else is safe for Charlie. Shaq, Jerry West, MJ, etc. It doesn't matter to Charlie...they are all bums [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 06:34 PM   #7
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Horrible article. Nobody I know has ever called Finley "charmin." Dirk 'soft as butter?' Didn't he continue playing after he had a tooth knocked out?
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 07:27 PM   #8
seal614

seal614 is on a distinguished road

haha Dirk is soft, but to rip him like this is so 1999. (and irrelevant given what an offensive machine Dirk is)

- Brian
seal614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 07:33 PM   #9
V
Golden Member

V has a spectacular aura aboutV has a spectacular aura about

Rosen is a jackass ... but he is funny! Check this out:

Denver Nuggets
The Nuggets are the NBA's most overrated team.

Carmelo Anthony leads the parade of over-inflated reps. He wants to massage the ball before he deigns to pass it — just in case his defender unexpectedly trips, falls and leaves Anthony free to launch a bonus shot. The kid's test for hoisting what he considers to be a reasonable shot is whether or not he can see the rim. He doesn't like to play defense and he doesn't like to be told what to do. Looks like another supremely talented but brain-locked youngster is well on his way to becoming a super-loser.

While Kenyon Martin has been promoted as being the feisty, brave-hearted and right-minded presence who can put Denver over the top, the players around the league consider him to be a phony tough guy. Despite his considerable talents, K-Mart is a swaggering, loud-mouthed, chest-beating, self-congratulating fraud. A punk. A choker. A bully who only tries to intimidate non-aggressive players.

What else?

Marcus Camby is so fragile that he's liable to trip over the time line and land on the injured list.

Voshon Lenard is one of the dullest sharp-shooters around, and a passive defender to boot.

The diminutive Earl of Boykins is a pesky scorer, an okay passer, and a liability on defense.

"If there's no more questions, I've got a beer that needs consuming."
-- Don Nelson
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 08:06 PM   #10
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Rosen,
is just a bitter old man. He thinks phil jackson can't coach funny since MJ and scottie couldn't win it big without him and the same with Shaq and Kobe. Marquis Daniels looks unathletic because he floats. Nonsense is all this crap about the mavs not contending.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote