Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 11-02-2004, 11:29 PM   #1
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nuggets v. Lakers

Haven't started watching the game yet, but Chris Mihm has 13 in the 1st quarter...next great Lakers big man?
Old 11-03-2004, 01:12 AM   #2
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Nuggets v. Lakers

The 1st game's not even over and the bottom has already fallen out from under all the preseason hyping of Denver. Serious bummer about Voshon's torn achilles.
Old 11-03-2004, 01:22 AM   #3
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future
Default RE:Nuggets v. Lakers

I hate to kick a team while they are down, but I think the Nuggets hype has been out of control. I think they have been one of the most overrated teams in the league. They just have too many questions for me - and that was before the Lenard injury. I think Melo has to grow up. Camby has to stay healthy. Nene has to develop his game more. Miller has to look like the guy who put up huge stats in Cleveland. Martin has to prove he can play without Kidd. And that doesn't even take into account the fact that they are playing for a lame-duck coach.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 01:30 AM   #4
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c
The 1st game's not even over and the bottom has already fallen out from under all the preseason hyping of Denver. Serious bummer about Voshon's torn achilles.
That hurts. Of course I didn't understand why they went after Martin instead of Richardson...seems like two guard was a bigger need position than pf.

Carmello and Miller look chunky...well, Miller looks chunkier than usual.

Old 11-03-2004, 01:33 AM   #5
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Ginobili would have been a great fit in Denver..better than Martin IMO...they'll be good once they get used to each other but Im not sure they'll ever be a great team. It ultimately depends on Melo's maturation

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 01:38 AM   #6
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: Nuggets v. Lakers

It seems like the only game worth watching tonight was on League Pass.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 02:02 AM   #7
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

From what I saw the Lakers looked pretty good and the Nuggets looked awful. It could be one game, but those who proclaimed the demise of the lakers may have been premature. I really liked their up-tempo style and overall athletic ability. The Nuggets are going to have the same selfish problems as last year and struggle at times as a result. I can definitely see both teams looking from the outside come playoff time. K-Mart is another one of those crazy contracts. He just isn't worth that kind of money even though he is a very good player.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 06:42 AM   #8
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: GP
From what I saw the Lakers looked pretty good and the Nuggets looked awful. It could be one game, but those who proclaimed the demise of the lakers may have been premature. I really liked their up-tempo style and overall athletic ability. The Nuggets are going to have the same selfish problems as last year and struggle at times as a result. I can definitely see both teams looking from the outside come playoff time. K-Mart is another one of those crazy contracts. He just isn't worth that kind of money even though he is a very good player.
Not to mention the Nuggets already had a developing PF who will only get better with increased playing time. Now, with the coach knowing he has to win each and every night to get to 50 wins this season in hopes of saving his job, he's going to play the more experienced player in KMart, and in the process greatly stunt Nene's development.

And the problem with KMart is that he is an max effort player with above average talent as far as speed, quickness and leaping ability. But, he's undersized, has no consistent offense to speak of without relying so heavily on his athleticism, and in my mind has basically hit his development ceiling. Nene, on the other hand, has a much higher ceiling: he's not undersized, he has better than average PF athleticism, and he has offensive potential.
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 04:05 PM   #9
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Mihm's my boy.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 05:59 PM   #10
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Mihm's my boy.
Hard to believe [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

V2M is offline   Reply With Quote