Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 08-20-2004, 03:04 PM   #81
knowitall

knowitall is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Moore is a "maggot that eats off the dead"

Concede? I don't walk around brainwashed. Like I've said before, anyone that believes any politician is a fool.
knowitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2004, 03:06 PM   #82
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Knowitall you keep making what are seemingly hateful remarks about religion and those who believe in God. You won't say what you mean and make off the wall statements about people believing the moon is made of cheese which appears to look as if you're saying anyone who believes in God also believes the moon is made of cheese. This is extremely bigoted.

So why don't you use complete and grammatically correct sentences to say just what you mean about Bush and religion. Try and remove the ambiguity that is so prevalent in you past posts.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:08 PM   #83
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: knowitall
Concede? I don't walk around brainwashed. Like I've said before, anyone that believes any politician is a fool.
So all politician lie all the time? That means if we can find one instance of a politician telling the truth, then you're wrong.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:29 PM   #84
knowitall

I have no hate for anyone or their religion. Just can't get a grip on that, can you. He "uses" it to his advantage. How do you know if he is so religious? You don't know. Oh, he says he is? So what. Hey, if he is then good for him. Hey, if I am then good for me. I,m not going to tell the country that God was included in my decision to take action that results in the killing of innocent people. When I think of God I only think of compassion and love.

But screw it. Let's just blow up the whole world.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:38 PM   #85
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Okay then, answer my questions.

1. Who is the "one guy" you referred to earlier?

2. What does believe "only" in God mean?
Old 08-20-2004, 03:40 PM   #86
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I,m not going to tell the country that God was included in my decision to take action that results in the killing of innocent people.
What in the world are you talking about?

Quote:
When I think of God I only think of compassion and love.
Then you have a limited and incomplete view of God.

Quote:
Who advocates blowing up the whole world?
Old 08-20-2004, 03:43 PM   #87
knowitall

Give it time kg. You will.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:46 PM   #88
knowitall

Gotta go kg. I'll talk to you later.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:13 PM   #89
LRB
Guru

Quote:
I have no hate for anyone or their religion. Just can't get a grip on that, can you. He "uses" it to his advantage. How do you know if he is so religious? You don't know. Oh, he says he is? So what. Hey, if he is then good for him. Hey, if I am then good for me. I,m not going to tell the country that God was included in my decision to take action that results in the killing of innocent people. When I think of God I only think of compassion and love.

This is one of the most incoherent and incomprehensible posts that I've ever seen on this sight. Do you have any idea of what you're talking about? If so could you please explain it. Don't be afraid to be verbose. As it is you jump all over the place but never spent enough time nor words on any single point to make your meaning even halfway clear. If you really don't know what you mean to say, you can say it in those words: "I don't know what I want to say." However, if you do know what you want to say, which I suspect in the case, give more that "He 'uses' it to his advantage" as a means of expressing how you feel the Bush uses, I suppose religion, to his advantage. Define and give examples. You make outrageous claims with out any factual evidence presented, which is OK for an opinion, but at least explain a little what you mean. YOu claim not to hate anyone for their religion, but it still looks to me like you do in your posts. I'm asking you to explain more than just an empty statement. I can say that I don't hate black people, but if I'm burning crosses in their front yards, I'd have so explaining to do to show that I didn't hate them. Likewise if you're constantly making hateful comments involving Bush's religion it appears that you're hating on him for his religion and you need to do some explaining.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:35 PM   #90
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Moore is a "maggot that eats off the dead"

knowitall really isn't worth the effort.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 12:01 PM   #91
knowitall

Bush takes action without considering consequence. The world is going to tire of this pretty soon, and so will our allies. Instead of using intelligence he uses brute strength. When hundreds of thousands of lives are at stake you should know the final chapter before you publish the book. Any problem that he has he just puts his fist in? Are these the makings of a great leader? There will always be a group of people that refuse to hear the truth. But, I understand, it's hard to hear anything over the roar of your fully armed f-18. Hawks believe that destruction = solution. That's all their capable of.
Old 08-21-2004, 12:09 PM   #92
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
repeat
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 08-21-2004, 12:15 PM   #93
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Bush takes action without considering consequence. The world is going to tire of this pretty soon, and so will our allies. Instead of using intelligence he uses brute strength. When hundreds of thousands of lives are at stake you should know the final chapter before you publish the book. Any problem that he has he just puts his fist in? Are these the makings of a great leader? There will always be a group of people that refuse to hear the truth. But, I understand, it's hard to hear anything over the roar of your fully armed f-18. Hawks believe that destruction = solution. That's all their capable of.

Idiots and morons are only cable of throughing out mindless accusations without any evidence of even detailed explanations and examples. My question to you is where are you evidence, detailed explanations, and examples?
Old 08-22-2004, 12:30 PM   #94
knowitall

Hey, I just saw the movie! No wonder you guys got your panties in a wad!!! Wow, who knew that the Bushes were so errrrrr...ummmmm "Connected"! I don't blame Bush for refusing to comment. Could you imagine the cross examination?

I think I gave Bush to much credit for the decisions he makes. Most likely, he's not making any of the decisions at all!
Old 08-22-2004, 12:50 PM   #95
Sinn Fein

Sinn Fein is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hey, I just saw the movie! No wonder you guys got your panties in a wad!!! Wow, who knew that the Bushes were so errrrrr...ummmmm "Connected"! I don't blame Bush for refusing to comment. Could you imagine the cross examination?

I think I gave Bush to much credit for the decisions he makes. Most likely, he's not making any of the decisions at all!

Connections? To the whom? The Osamas? Here's a tidbit for you. The rest of the Bin Laden family disowned Old Osama years ago. Most of the Bin Laden family (all that flew out after 9/11) are Pro-west, disowned Osama and are sunni Muslims. Now, mabye its your mention of the Bin Laden family has a few mill in the Carlyle Group, as does Bush. Guess who else does? George Soros, big time liberal, founder of moveon.org with hundreds of millions in the Carlyle Group, is he connected?

Get your freakin facts straight, knowitall knows nothing.
Sinn Fein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 01:03 PM   #96
knowitall

I don't recall ever seeing a Mr. Soros being sworn in as the President of the United States. Whoever he is.
Old 08-22-2004, 01:09 PM   #97
Sinn Fein

Sinn Fein is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I don't recall ever seeing a Mr. Soros being sworn in as the President of the United States. Whoever he is.
LMAO. Is this girl for real? Good lord, how old are you? The fact that Bush has money in the Carlyle Group and so does the Bin Ladens is a utterly pointless fact. For Moore to act as if this is a link of terrorism in the White House is beyond asinine. Everyone has money in the Carlyle Group, and a liberal, Soros, has 50 times what Bin Laden's and Bush has in the group from a financial standpoint.

Another lie of Moore. He asserts Mr. Bush invaded Afghanistan to build a pipeline (oil) from Afghanistan to the US.

Problem is, that was CLINTON'S pipeline. Clinton endorsed a pipeline idea sponsored by UNCOAL which would go from Afghanistan to the US. However, Bush endorsed the RIVAL pipeline by ENRON which would not touch Afghanistan, it would of gone from the Caspian Sea near Russia to the US. Ergo the only one who would of benefited financially from the invasion of Afghnistan would of been Clinton and UNCOAL!

Thank you, come again!
Sinn Fein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 01:22 PM   #98
knowitall

I don't remember the actual words "linked to terrorism" but you may be on to something. Besides, I just said I was too hard on him. No way in hell is he responsible for what he does. Too many voices in his head. Too many people to appease.
Old 08-22-2004, 02:29 PM   #99
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Quote:
repeat
continue
Old 08-22-2004, 02:42 PM   #100
knowitall

dude, don't be such an angry kitten. Why don't you just paste another "I swear this is true" article. It's much more entertaining, and you don't have to think for yourself.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:10 PM   #101
dude1394
Guru

Tell it sister..

Quote:
We are furious that Greg was in that casket and cannot defend himself,'' Kandi Gallagher, Maj. Stone's aunt, said. ''And my sister, Greg's mother … called him (Moore) a 'maggot that eats off the dead.''

''Michael Moore wants us to believe that the picture of President Bush's face — a mosaic of the lost lives of our soldiers in Operation Iraq Freedom — is a statement that President Bush is responsible for lives lost in vain. Let me tell you what I see: I see heroes who gave the ultimate sacrifice so we can continue to be free. I see faces that make up the face of our commander in chief who is not afraid to stand his ground, not afraid to say 'enough is enough' and will not back down to the terrorist, not afraid to cry with a mother, a wife when he meets with them, not afraid to admit he prays to the living God. I see honor, duty, commitment and courage. I see Semper Fidelis (Always faithful).

''I will continue to speak out against closed-minded co-wards like Michael Moore. I used to be afraid to say what I thought for the way someone would think of me. Not any more. You do not walk in my shoes, Mr. Moore. You do not know what I feel or think. Until you have stood where I stand, do not put words in my mouth.

''I have a voice, and it is about damn time I stop being silent. My son died giving me the right to speak, and speak loud. I will not allow his name or even his picture be disgraced.''

Tomorrow, because of Jeremiah and for Jeremiah, Eva Savage speaks. This Gold Star mother — not some Hollywood filmmaker — will have the last word about what her son died for.
It was pretty disgusting to see the maggot moore's propaganda being shown on the airline system. Maggot...
Old 11-11-2004, 06:23 PM   #102
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I bet knowitall is curled up in the fetal position crying while watching her heroes movies on dvd.

Maggot Moore makes me want to puke.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 06:42 PM   #103
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ovies_eo/15328
Moore Fires Up "Fahrenheit" Sequel
By Josh Grossberg

Michael Moore's planning to keep the heat on the White House.

A week after President George W. Bush (news - web sites) was reelected--despite Moore's best efforts--the firebrand filmmaker says he's forging ahead with a sequel to his controversial documentary Fahrenheit 9/11.

Moore tells Daily Variety that his new project, tentatively titled Fahrenheit 9/11 1/2, will pick up where Fahrenheit left off, addressing what the filmmaker sees as the administration's failures in the wake of the September 11, 2001 terror attacks.

"Fifty-one percent of the American people lacked information [on election day] and we want to educate and enlighten them," the lefty writer-director told Variety. "They weren't told the truth. We're communicators and it's up to us to start doing it now."

To that end, Moore says his team will begin rolling cameras now to sway voters for the next presidential go-round.

Until then, Moore says, "the official mourning period is over today and there is a silver lining--George W. Bush is prohibited by law from running again."

Fahrenheit 9/11 1/2 will once again be produced by Miramax honcho Harvey Weinstein through the Fellowship Adventure Group, the company Weinstein set up with brother Bob, Lions Gate Films and IFC Films to distribute the original film after Disney balked.

Neither Moore nor the Fellowship Adventure Group could be reached for comment Thursday.

As for the box-office-bursting Fahrenheit 9/11, the hard-charging documentary got some bad news this week when the Hollywood Foreign Press Association announced the film would be frozen out of the Golden Globes. The awards don't have any categories for documentaries. "We're not a musical/comedy or dramatic feature," Moore said.

But he still is hopeful he will add another Oscar to his mantle, joining his 2002 Best Documentary Academy Award for Bowling for Columbine.

This time around, though, he and Weinstein are hoping to persuade Academy voters to make Fahrenheit the first doc in Oscar history to be nominated for Best Picture. The film wasn't submitted in the Best Documentary category because Moore decided to air it on pay-per-view the night before the election, rendering it ineligible under Academy rules.

"I don't know if people want to see me on the stage of the Kodak again," Moore joked in Variety. "However, since my wife [Kathleen] was the producer, if I win--she speaks!"

He's referring to his infamous Oscar speech of two years ago in which he called President Bush (news - web sites) "a fictitious president" on the verge of launching what he considered to be a "fictitious war."

Fahrenheit 9/11 has tallied more than $119 million at the domestic box office and nearly $100 million abroad to become the highest grossing documentary ever. The DVD and video versions were released last month and did more than $10 million in first week combined rental and retail revenue, another record for a doc.

Aside from Fahrenheit 9/11 1/2, which should hit theaters in time for the 2008 elections, Moore is finishing up Sicko, an exposé of the health care industry. That film will most likely hit theaters in 2006.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 06:57 PM   #104
dude1394
Guru

so the question is whether the democrat party is still un-patriotic enough to continue to embrace him. My guess is yes, since they are now going to be filled with any-body-but-a-christian-hatred.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:01 PM   #105
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I am sitting here trying to imagine a fate for Moore that would be just too cruel. No luck so far...
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 07:46 AM   #106
mercury_rev

mercury_rev will become famous soon enough

Michael Moore, just another fevered ego tainting our collective unconscious.
mercury_rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 08:26 AM   #107
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Moore does a great job of exposing those who do not wish to think for themselves (call it a 'moonbat flashlight'). I'm happy that he will continue the service.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 12:31 PM   #108
dude1394
Guru

Pere Bush on the maggot...

Quote:
Michael Moore’s got to be the worst for me. I mean, he’s such a slimeball and so atrocious. But I love the fact now that the Democrats are not embracing him as theirs anymore. He might not get invited to sit in Jimmy Carter’s box [at the Democratic Convention] again. I wanted to get up my nerve to ask Jimmy Carter at the Clinton thing [the opening of Bill Clinton’s library], “How did it feel being there with that marvelous friend of yours, Michael Moore?” and I didn’t dare do it.
The democrat party's poster boy....maggot moore. Makes ya' proud doesn't it?
Old 12-19-2004, 03:57 PM   #109
dude1394
Guru

A few more choice comments from the honored guest in the presidential box at the democrat convention.

indc
Pictured above is Michael Moore, sitting with Jimmy Carter in the President's Box at the Democratic National Convention. Let's revisit some quotes from this man that is embraced so warmly by the mainstream players of the Democratic Party:

"There is no terrorist threat in this country. This is a lie. This is the biggest lie we've been told." -- Michael Moore, October 2003

If someone did this [9/11] to get back at Bush, then they did so by killing thousands of people who DID NOT VOTE for him! Boston, New York, DC, and the planes' destination of California - these were places that voted AGAINST Bush! -- Michael Moore, September 12, 2001

"The Iraqis who have risen up against the occupation are not "insurgents" or "terrorists" or "The Enemy." They are the REVOLUTION, the Minutemen, and their numbers will grow -- and they will win."

"(Americans) are possibly the dumbest people on the planet ... in thrall to conniving, thieving, smug pricks. We Americans suffer from an enforced ignorance. We don’t know about anything that’s happening outside our country. Our stupidity is embarrassing.”

"(T)he dumbest Brit here is smarter than the smartest American". -- Michael Moore At London’s Roundhouse Theater

"Should such an ignorant people (Americans) lead the world?" -- Michael Moore in an open letter to the people of Germany

"You know in my town the small businesses that everyone wanted to protect? They were the people that supported all the right-wing groups. They were the Republicans in the town, they were in the Kiwanas, the Chamber of Commerce - people that kept the town all white. The small hardware salesman, the small clothing store salespersons, Jesse the Barber who signed his name three different times on three different petitions to recall me from the school board. Fuck all these small businesses - fuck 'em all! Bring in the chains. The small businesspeople are the rednecks that run the town and suppress the people. Fuck 'em all. That's how I feel."

"White people scare the crap out of me. … I have never been attacked by a black person, never been evicted by a black person, never had my security deposit ripped off by a black landlord, never had a black landlord … never been pulled over by a black cop, never been sold a lemon by a black car salesman, never seen a black car salesman, never had a black person deny me a bank loan, never had a black person bury my movie, and I've never heard a black person say, 'We're going to eliminate ten thousand jobs here - have a nice day!'"

"It was when Moore went into a rant about how the passengers on the planes on 11 September were scaredy-cats because they were mostly white. If the passengers had included black men, he claimed, those killers, with their puny bodies and unimpressive small knives, would have been crushed by the dudes, who as we all know take no disrespect from anybody." -- From an article by Yasmin Alibhai-Brown describing a Michael Moore show in London

"The motivation for war is simple. The U.S. government started the war with Iraq in order to make it easy for U.S. corporations to do business in other countries. They intend to use cheap labor in those countries, which will make Americans rich."

"I think (Bin Laden is under the protective watch of) the United States, I think our government knows where he is and I don't think we're going to be capturing him or killing him any time soon." -- Michael Moore in an interview with Bob Costas

(Most quotes via Right Wing News, which features additional Mooreisms)

Read them, Dems; read those quotes, and then tell me how and why you can vote for a party that so obviously embraces such Anti-American hatred. The Democratic Party isn't merely holding Moore at arm's length and employing him as a useful tool in an ideological extremist proxy war, they are embracing him with mainstream endorsements of a work that contains ridiculously damaging lies that affect America's national security. Not distortions, not "different" points-of-view ... lies. Vicious, destructive lies.

They are embracing a racist.

They are embracing a man that exhorts the rest of the world to believe that Americans are inherently stupid.

They are embracing a man that says "**** ... small businesses."

They are embracing a man that cheerleads the Iraqi resistance.

They are embracing a man that allowed Hezbollah terrorists to assist in his film's distribution.
Old 12-22-2004, 03:32 AM   #110
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

Their is no embracing or denouncing of Michael Moore by the Democratic party because none is needed. He was never 'embraced' by the Democratic party. He doesen't appear on any campaign trails, he doesent participate war rooms, and he has about as much access to Democratic party infrastructure as I do. Michael Moore attended the Democratic National Convention as a special guest of Jimmy Carter, he was not invited by the Democratic party, he participated in no councils or workshops and was not endorsed by party leadership in any fashion. This portrait of Michael Moore as a Democratic poster boy, and party activist with leadership endorsment is purely the conjurings of bitter conservatives with an axe to grind, and highly partisan republicans who know they gain advantage by insinuating that Michael Moore and The United States Democratic Party are married.

Contrast this with Jerry Falwell, the man who said that God let 9/11 happen to punish America for it's perversions, multiculturalism and protection of homosexuals. He attends the Republican national convention and is treated like a rock star, and actually does get invited to special invite only functions with party big wigs.

Should the Democrats have done more to distance themselves from Michael Moore? probably, maybe even a Sistah Souljah moment to make it clear that they don't welcome his endorsment? absolutely, but the insinuation that Michael Moore is the official spokesperson for the Democratic party, is absurd, scandalous and oh so incorrect.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote