Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 01-21-2005, 05:55 PM   #1
mikeinrowlett

mikeinrowlett is on a distinguished road
Default Suns to Trade for Jim Jackson

Paul Coro
The Arizona Republic
Jan. 22, 2005 12:00 AM

The Phoenix Suns are closing in on a trade package that would have third-year swingman Casey Jacobsen going to New Orleans for 34-year-old Jim Jackson, according to industry officials.

The deal would likely include some other lower-paid Phoenix players to make the trade work under salary rules.

Suns President and General Manager Bryan Colangelo and Jackson's agent, Mark Termini, were not available for comment.

It's good to know you can still be a jerk and get your way in the NBA. Unbelievable.
mikeinrowlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2005, 05:57 PM   #2
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Suns to Trade for Jim Jackson

crap.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 06:22 PM   #3
jibikao

jibikao is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Suns to Trade for Jim Jackson

I actually like this trade. All those 3 bench players are pretty much useless. There's a reason why D'Antoni didn't use them that much.

Jim Jackson is a decent player. He is not great but decent. Suns needs a decent bench player to step up.

What did JJ do to piss off Rocket? I mean sending him to Hornet is really kinda rude...

www.keepshooting.com
jibikao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 06:29 PM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I wasnt aware that JJ pissed off the Rockets.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 06:51 PM   #5
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

I love this trade ... for the Mavs. I really like seeing JJ on any other team aside from the Mavs. With JJ, you can always count on him taking an ill advised long shot or a miss right beneath the basket during a crucial point in the game. I hope he disrupts the team chemistry.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:01 PM   #6
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

there's some tidbits that aren't mentioned here

the suns are tryign to get sam dalembert from philly for joe johnson

They gave away 3 guys to get one though :\

Are they going to sign guys off the street to build the bench?
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 08:23 PM   #7
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

If Pheonix trades Joe Johnson or any of its starting 5, they'll lose their thunder because they'd have to have a balanced roster, that ruins their style of play. Either way, the Suns are never going to be as good as their first 35 games.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 11:52 PM   #8
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Weak trade, gave away too much youth for a journeyman past his prime.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:32 AM   #9
TVI

TVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
I wasnt aware that JJ pissed off the Rockets.
He didn't.

The Rockets traded him to New Orleans for David Wesley. JJ didn't want to play for a non-contender. He refused to report to the Hornets, so they shipped him out for youth.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:14 AM   #10
seal614

seal614 is on a distinguished road

can't blame the guy, even if his idea of a "raw deal" is something we don't understand as lowly common-folk.

I'm guessing Philly is offering Sammy D around b/c they don't want to pay for him next year?? Sucks for us. Joe Johnson can ball though.

- Brian
seal614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 09:40 AM   #11
jibikao

jibikao is on a distinguished road

Great trade.

If you guys watch enough Suns games, you'll realize how weak their bench players are. The coach refused to use them because of their youth and inexperience. Partly it's coach's fault, partly because Suns doesn't want to lose leads by bringing in weak bench players.

But with Jim Jackson, he already played 17mins in his first game with Suns. 17mins means a whole alot to Joe Jackson, Nash and Q because they don't need to play that much.

Yeah, those 3 bench players are young but they really have no trade value. Jim Jackson is probably the best Suns can get at this moment and if he doesn't perform well, he'll see his 13th team next year. hehe Another thing is Nash is 31yrs old. There's not a lot of time to wait for those young payers to flourish. This goes the same to Dirk's situation. Mavs better gets ready for the next 2-3 years.

www.keepshooting.com
jibikao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 12:25 PM   #12
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

they have one good bench player. other than that, no depth. they're going to give out in the playoffs. everyone else in contention is almost 2 deep at each position...still a poorly constructed team that should've signed a center instead of a guard.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:39 PM   #13
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

Jackson played his first game last night as a Sun. He scored 17 points off the bench with 2 rebounds & 3 assists logging 24 minutes, and yes the Suns won; against the knicks.
Old 01-28-2005, 11:00 PM   #14
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: vinnieponte
Jackson played his first game last night as a Sun. He scored 17 points off the bench with 2 rebounds & 3 assists logging 24 minutes, and yes the Suns won; against the knicks.
I thought he made 11 pts

but anyway he made 17 tonight against Boston

as if Phoenix needed more fire power....

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote