Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-30-2005, 01:32 PM   #321
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Dallas @ Chicago GameDay Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: NoHeartIncluded
Do you EVER post anything positive? With a name like NoHeartIncluded you are obviously a hater.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2005, 01:34 PM   #322
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
one game means jack squat to me, he's lost us about 3 this season
No one man can lose a game for you.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 01:59 PM   #323
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
one game means jack squat to me, he's lost us about 3 this season
No one man can lose a game for you.
I want to see his list. The Mavs have only lost 8 games with Finley in the lineup.

1) We lost by 10 to Orlando - Finley was 2 of 8. Obviously Finley was the culprit because he didn't shoot enough. It was bad of Finley to hold Dirk to 5 of 16 shooting and Finley caused Stackhouse to shoot 4 of 14. Bad Finley.

2) We lost by 5 to Seattle - Finley shot 41%. Hmm, I guess this was Finley's fault because the team was outrebounded by 12.

3) We lost by 4 to the Warriors - Finley shot 47%. He should have shot much better - bad job Finley. And Finley was responsible for Cliff-freaking ROBINSON going off for a season high 25 points on 9 of 14 shooting.

4) We lost by 13 to the Hawks - Finley was 4 of 13. Finley had a bad game, he should have been perfect from the field. Then we would have won the game. It was Finley's fault because the team was outrebounded by 8. Plus Finley caused Stackhouse to miss the game with a sore hand. And if he hadn't had the 3 turnovers, then the team would have only had 21 instead of 24.

5) We lost by 10 to the Rockets - Finley was 4 of 14. Finley had another bad game. Again if he would have been perfect from the field then we would have won the game. And Finley was responsible for Juwan-freaking HOWARD going off for a season high 29 points on 14 of 19 shooting. Plus Finley made Josh miss a game with a upper respiratory infection. And Finley only had 5 rebounds, he should have had 16 so we wouldn't have been outrebounded by 11 like we were.

6) We lost by 3 to the Spurs - Finley shot 46%. Again, he should have shot much better - bad job Finley. And somehow it was Finley's fault that Dampier and Howard missed the game. And again Finley only had 5 rebounds, he should have had 15 so we wouldn't have been outrebounded by 10 like we were.

7) We lost by 10 to the Clippers - Finley was 4 of 13. Finley had another bad game. Again if he would have been perfect from the field then we would have won the game. And somehow it was Finley's fault that Dampier was 4 of 10 and Terry was 4 of 12. Plus I wish Finley wouldn't have caused Josh to have back spasms.

8) We lost last night by 4 to the 76ers - Finley stunk.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 02:10 PM   #324
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

See that's the problem I have with Fin-haters. They say things like Fin is the reason we lose games but he first of all hasn't even played every game this season. Out of those 8 games he shot bad in 4 of them but even if he would've shot 50% we still would've lost. We can complain about Finley all we want but he isn't what stands in the way of this team winning a championship.

It's funny because when Finley was hurt everyone was crying we need him back. Now that he's here he's back we are sick of him. Now that Josh is hurt we miss him. I wonder what is it gonna take for us to want to get rid of him also.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 02:41 PM   #325
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I want to see his list. The Mavs have only lost 8 games with Finley in the lineup.
19-8 with him, 9-6 without him.

Yeah, Finley's definitely the obstacle for this team's title aspirations.

BTW, when the entire regular starting lineup plays (Terry, Finley, Howard, Nowitzki, and Dampier), this team is 17-4. When they don't, the team is 11-10.

Perhaps the team just needs to get healthy.

Nah, that couldn't be it.

Old 01-30-2005, 02:46 PM   #326
NoHeartIncluded

NoHeartIncluded is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Max Power
Quote:
Do you EVER post anything positive? With a name like NoHeartIncluded you are obviously a hater.
No I'm not a hater. I've backed this team since the disappointments of Loren Meyer, Tony Dumas and Donald Hodge. I don't want to come across as a guy that just wants Fin out of here at all costs. I think, and probably everyone agrees, that his role HAS to change. It's so obvious now. You can list all the games you wants with impressive stats but when it comes down to it he's officially now a liabilit on D. I'm not going to go into his offense because we all now what he does and what he lacks. Someone brought up the point that he should now get Reggie-type minutes and that was the perfect idea. But my concern is who is going to tell him that. I want to fit on this board with all you great fans. That's what makes these boards so great is that we can vent out frustration and express our joy. I just want to see them team succeed and it was my opnion.

-Jimmy Valvano
NoHeartIncluded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 02:49 PM   #327
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Dallas @ Chicago GameDay Thread

Blaming any one player for a loss is really stu....(edit)....silly. Mike is what mike is, dirk/josh/damp/terry/devin/quis are the future of this team long term. Mike is a great leader and role model for the young'uns. Strong, works hard, loyal.

I also hate to put a loss on a coach, but I thought avery didn't do a very good job of going away from dirk with his rotten shot. I didn't look at the game-thread last night, was murphy whining about dirk not getting enough shots? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 11:52 AM   #328
bo319

bo319 is on a distinguished road

I agree that Finley's minutes should go down...but right now who is gonna get them? With Josh and Quis both out we have only 2 guys to play the 2-3 spots. If both of the young guys can come back soon then Fin's minutes will decrease some and he will be more effective.
bo319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 12:00 PM   #329
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Perhaps the team just needs to get healthy.
Stop making sense KG.