Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 02-08-2005, 05:17 PM   #41
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Q-caine strikes again! ! ! ! !

Quote:
Originally posted by: endtroducing
cocaine addiction is not as much a disease as HIV...that is an epidemic, often times people are born with it who have no control over the disease. millions upon millions die from HIV every year. to be addicted to cocaine, you have to start doing it. very poor comparison.
Both are diseases man. I don't care if one is more severe than the other.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2005, 05:21 PM   #42
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough

What is up with all the language? I personally enjoy reading debates that are a little more civil.
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 05:51 PM   #43
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary
Professor, I think the overall sentiment of your posts regarding this matter are pretty clear. I really don't understand the hostility, but whatever floats your boat.

Have a good day.
Mary

I think the overall point of your initial post was quite clear. I really don't understand your use of "a-hole", but whatever floats your boat.

Have a great one.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 05:52 PM   #44
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
Originally posted by: Max Power
Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] People have officially lost their mind when they are laughing and taking pleasure at a persons cocaine addiction.
It is pretty disturbing. I hated Carter as much as anyone - but only as a football player. I hope he can get his life straightened out because life is more important than football.

Yea I know. It seems Cowboys fans are putting themselves first but there is a human being involved here. It's like laughing or being proud at someone for having HIV. Cocaine addiction is just as much of a disease as HIV.

Not sure what is actually accomplished by saying "I told you so" but I guess whatever makes that person happy.

Ahhhh.....the forum idiot returns to old form and just reads what he wants and ignores the rest. Typical.
Old 02-08-2005, 06:11 PM   #45
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Quote:
Originally posted by: mary
Professor, I think the overall sentiment of your posts regarding this matter are pretty clear. I really don't understand the hostility, but whatever floats your boat.

Have a good day.
Mary

I think the overall point of your initial post was quite clear. I really don't understand your use of "a-hole", but whatever floats your boat.

Have a great one.
Fair enough.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 06:19 PM   #46
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Q-caine strikes again! ! ! ! !

A brief story.

When I was a teenager I lived in a very rural part of Texas and worked in town - which was about 12 miles from the house. When I was 16, I didn't have a car, so I was always bumming rides from everyone, especially my older brother. One morning as he was taking me to work, I was complaining about my lips. They were dry, severely chapped and were really bothering the hell out of me. Well, I guess I was complaining a bit too much because just as we were entering town, my brother reached over and punched me in the face and calmly said, "How's your lip feel now?" I sat there shocked at first, but then just started cracking up laughing.

The moral of the story is this: If you lack perspective in life, someone's going to punch you in the face.....or something like that...

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 08:25 PM   #47
Drbio
Banned

Another quick story....

a farmer and Quincy Crapper were walking along a dirt road. Qspare had sought out the farmer for advice on life. As they walked back onto the farmers ranch they crossed a chicken coop. The farmer said, "Qbust, do you see that chickenshit over there...the runny brown and black stuff with the little white speck?" Qcrappy responds, "Yes sir." The farmer says, "son...in life, sometimes things aren't fair and when things seem the darkest and you find yourself standing in shit, there is always a bit of white light at the end of the tunnel. Do you understand what I mean son?"

After pausing for a minute because he was stupid and processed things at an obvious slower rate than the normal human being, Qawful asked, "Do you mean that the little white speck on the chicken poo is a metaphor and you are telling me that better times are coming if I only look for the light?"

The farmer said, "No dumbass.....what I mean is that you were a chickenshit for ever starting to take drugs."

The moral of this story is that athletes who feel like they are entitled and screw up by stuffing coke up their nose can go screw themselves......or something like that.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:46 PM   #48
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

From sfgate.com:

(02-08) 15:20 PST New York, NY (AP) --

Jets coach Herman Edwards offered his support Tuesday for troubled backup quarterback Quincy Carter, who is in rehab for an undisclosed medical problem.

A source within the league told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity Monday that Carter is seeking assistance at a treatment center.

Though Edwards would not confirm that Carter is getting help, he said "Quincy is doing well."

"Quincy has done everything and more that was asked of him," Edwards said in a statement. "He came to work early, stayed late, and exhibited good character the entire time. When Chad Pennington was injured, Quincy stepped into a tough situation. If not for Quincy's performance during that time, the Jets would not have made the playoffs."

Carter previously went into rehab in 2003 and 2004.

The Jets signed Carter to a one-year deal in August after he was released by the Dallas Cowboys. There were multiple reports that he failed a drug test. The NFL Players Association has filed a request for arbitration in the case.

Carter started three games for the Jets this season when Pennington went down with a torn right rotator cuff, going 2-1.

"Regardless of the rumors, the facts are that the year before he came here, Quincy led his team to the playoffs, and for the Jets, he came in at a critical time to win games and help us get to the playoffs," Edwards said. "So, we appreciate and support Quincy as a member of the Jets organization."

The Jets had no intentions of re-signing Carter, even before the relapse. He becomes an unrestricted free agent March 2.

link
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 09:59 PM   #49
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
If not for Quincy's performance during that time, the Jets would not have made the playoffs."

Quote:
"Regardless of the rumors, the facts are that the year before he came here, Quincy led his team to the playoffs, and for the Jets, he came in at a critical time to win games and help us get to the playoffs," Edwards said. "So, we appreciate and support Quincy as a member of the Jets organization."

1996-2005
Old 02-08-2005, 10:03 PM   #50
Drbio
Banned

Let's see...rehab in 2003, 2004, 2005......anyone see an obvious pattern?
Old 02-08-2005, 10:03 PM   #51
Drbio
Banned

Ride that nutsack FFM....Ride it hard!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2005, 11:50 PM   #52
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Ride that nutsack FFM....Ride it hard!!!!!!!!!

Ride what nutsack Herm Edward's?

1996-2005
Old 02-09-2005, 12:16 AM   #53
Drbio
Banned

I'd ask if you really were that stupid, but we've long established that point ad nauseum.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:18 AM   #54
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Another quick story....

a farmer and Quincy Crapper were walking along a dirt road. Qspare had sought out the farmer for advice on life. As they walked back onto the farmers ranch they crossed a chicken coop. The farmer said, "Qbust, do you see that chickenshit over there...the runny brown and black stuff with the little white speck?" Qcrappy responds, "Yes sir." The farmer says, "son...in life, sometimes things aren't fair and when things seem the darkest and you find yourself standing in shit, there is always a bit of white light at the end of the tunnel. Do you understand what I mean son?"

After pausing for a minute because he was stupid and processed things at an obvious slower rate than the normal human being, Qawful asked, "Do you mean that the little white speck on the chicken poo is a metaphor and you are telling me that better times are coming if I only look for the light?"

The farmer said, "No dumbass.....what I mean is that you were a chickenshit for ever starting to take drugs."

The moral of this story is that athletes who feel like they are entitled and screw up by stuffing coke up their nose can go screw themselves......or something like that.
*Bump*

It's a good story.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:00 AM   #55
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

goodness thread has taken an odd turn...

My stance of Carter has been steady since draft day....super nice guy, not a QB on my team.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 01:27 AM   #56
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
goodness thread has taken an odd turn...
...Same turn that every other Q-Car thread has taken...