Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-10-2005, 09:37 AM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rest in Peace Chris LeDoux

I just heard on the radio that Chris LeDoux died. Wasn't he a former world champion rodeo bull rider turned country western singer? I am pretty sure he teamed up with Garth Brooks for a hit song years ago and I am certain he was in country music.

Anyways.....always sad.

RIP Chris.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2005, 09:43 AM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Rest in Peace Chris LeDoux

Yep, you have it right Doc. He's most famous for the song he sang "what you gonna do with a cowboy" or somesuch and for being mentioned in Garth's first song "Much Too Young".

"Look At You Girl" is personally my favorite song of his.....
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 09:51 AM   #3
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Rest in Peace Chris LeDoux

RIP Chris.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:16 AM   #4
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

link

LeDoux, 56, passed away March 9, 2005, from complications of liver cancer.

Old 03-10-2005, 11:46 AM   #5
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Rest in Peace Chris LeDoux

He also sang "Life is a Highway" which was written by Tom Cochrane. Cochrane later recorded it himself and it became a mainstream hit. like murph said, he's mentioned in Brooks' song, in the lyric, "A worn out tape of Chris Ledoux..."

I saw Ledoux in concert on June 25, 2004. Easy for me to remember cause it was my Rehearsal Dinner. We had it at Wildhorse Saloon in Nashville, and they just happened to be having their 10 year anniversary, and Ledoux was the headliner. So we got to see him for free (well, obviously not free, cause of the cost of the Rehearsal Dinner... but we didn't have to pay the extra $35 ticket per person).

really fun show. he even rode a mechanical bull at one point. this is really sad news.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:25 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I saw him at Billy Bob's a couple of times and he always rode the mechanical bull.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 12:45 PM   #7
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

This news makes me sad. At least he isn't in pain anymore.

... Chris LeDoux music & happy memories...

Quote:
Just look at you, girl
Standin' here beside me
Starlight on your hair
Lookin' like a dream I dreamed somewhere
And look at me, girl
You got me actin' just like a lover
In an old time picture show
And how I got the part -- I just don't know
But it's written all across your face
Plain as it can be
You're the one that I was lookin' for