Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-14-2002, 04:34 PM   #1
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I was laughed at when I said the Clippers would not only fail to make the playoffs but they wouldn't be a .500 team this year.

I think Flying Tiger owes me a coke.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2002, 05:11 PM   #2
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

There are others as well but I can't find the thread where the bet was made.
Old 04-14-2002, 06:38 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

People actually voted for the Clips?

wow.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 06:45 PM   #4
MFFL
Guru

Before the season the Clippers looked to be a good team on paper. Quite a few people (including national media times) thought they were a playoff team.
Old 04-14-2002, 06:54 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought that they would improve....I even shifted over to saying I thought they would make the playoffs about a month ago, but in the preseason, I didn't think that they were a playoff team.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 10:33 PM   #6
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Im kinda bummed I didn't get in on the bet. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2002, 11:00 PM   #7
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

I have been pretty consistant with my idea that they were right below playoff level. They worried me at times, especially when they went over .500 for a while and won a few on the road. They weren't winning on the road and you MUST win some on the road to play above .500. .500 wasn't going to cut it in the west. You have to do better than that.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 11:29 PM   #8
MFFL
Guru

Now I wasn't confident enough to bet money but cokes were OK. Many of the national reporters are giving themselves an out by saying that the Clips would have made the playoffs if Odom had played.
Old 04-15-2002, 09:57 AM   #9
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

MFFL, I was looking for the old threads the other day because I remember there were ALOT of people saying they would be a playoff team. The ONLY thing that I recall that alot of people were right about was the fact that they said the Clippers would be a big challenge for the Mavs, and they were.