Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-06-2005, 12:36 AM   #1
BSRefs

BSRefs is on a distinguished road
Default Coaching of Game 7

Ok, I am through complaining. Here's what we need to do to win Game 7.

1. No more SuperSpare. The wheels came off when SS came in, that aint coincidence. He has no J, he can barely dribble without turning it over, his passes are sloppy and he really perturbs the offense.

2. Run some screens to free Dirk. We use to alway's run a play where a player, usually Damp, sets a hard screen, Dirk pops out, catches the pass from usually Jet and pops the open midrange J.

3. Run the D&D pick n roll more. Yes, it would be way better if Damp could catch and finish. But we are almost alway's guaranteed freethrows when we do this. They double so quick on Dirk its insane how open Damp gets, he just needs to finish.

4. Run the pick and Roll with JET and Dirk. A few times tonight JET had Dirk WIDE OPEN off the pick and refused to pass it. He's got to hit dirk when open or penetrate and dish to a open shooter.

5. Post Dirk lower. Dirk needs to be posted on the lowblock, we did it mabye three times tonight. Results were two scores and a assist to a fin three.

6. Send a cutter. Is this so hard? When they double Dirk in the post, someone cut, please! It will get easy buckets, just someone, quis, j-ho, fin, damp, cut to the basket when dirk gets it in the post, at least give him the option of finding you. Worst case, he just doesn't pass it.

7. Keep fin on T-Mac. JHO cannot guard him

8. No double teams. We still had a few too many doubles which gave the fingerteers, namely Jon Queery open threes.

9. On the Yao-T-Mac screen, just switch up, don't double on yao or t-mac, just switch, that is the quickest and most efficent way to guard it. They can't take advantage of the switch that far out. Also, don't double halfway. Either double hard, and I mean hard, or not at all. Its that halfway crap that gets Yao dunks and T-Mac open threes.

10. Have Shawn come in to kick T-Mac in the nuts very hard. Hopefully this will make him less efficent, if not in the game, then later in life [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
BSRefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2005, 12:41 AM   #2
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Coaching of Game 7

Quote:
Originally posted by: BSRefs
Ok, I am through complaining. The refs were crap and did cost us the game, period.
I didnt read the entire post because I felt it wasnt worth my time after the first 2 sentences.
You say your done complaining, and then the very next sentence is a complaint. Wow.
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 12:43 AM   #3
BSRefs

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavs413
Quote:
Ok, I am through complaining. The refs were crap and did cost us the game, period.
I didnt read the entire post because I felt it wasnt worth my time after the first 2 sentences.
You say your done complaining, and then the very next sentence is a complaint. Wow.
Happy?
Old 05-06-2005, 12:44 AM   #4
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

Retarded?
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 12:45 AM   #5
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default RE: Coaching of Game 7

Hey, hey...guess what? Newb starts an unnecessary thread!!! Woo hoo. Yeah newb!

This could very easily have been placed in the Game 7 thread.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:48 AM   #6
BSRefs

Um, this is key's to game 7. I did not see a game 7 thread started yet, as that is not custom. KG routinely has Keys to the game threads, im not sure what's wrong with that. If you have commentary on my ideas themselves, feel free to comment, but you are just being rude out of spite.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:48 AM   #7
BSRefs

Quote:
Retarded?
Im sorry, I thought someone told me people here were classy...swing and a miss.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:49 AM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Retarded?
Im sorry, I thought someone told me people here were classy
then why'd you come here?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 12:50 AM   #9
BSRefs

This is still the best mavs fan site imo.

However, calling someone a retard is just uncalled for.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:51 AM   #10
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I got no problem, seems like a pretty good post. You could put it in the game thread but that thread has become too cluttered. Also I'd like to hear some posters comment on why we aren't running the pick and roll more. Or possibly getting them to switch, but they may not be switching, the mavs aren't for example.

Now the question is WHY haven't the mavs been running pick and rolls for dirk/terry? Had terry shown an inability to run it this year or something?

Also posting dirk lower has never worked, he's not physical enough it seems.

I'm also not sure about the cutter, this may be yao's work. But I would like to find a way to get mcgrady off of dirk on some of those shots, he seems to be in his head.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 12:54 AM   #11
BSRefs

Dude, I really think we can have someone cut even with Yao. Yao cannot be in the paint that long or he'll be, or should be, called for three seconds. If someone cuts quickly, they can get a lay-up before Yao comes over, he is a bit slow on help anyway.

On posting Dirk lower, I think he is strong enough and it does work, it was 3-3 tonight. I'd like to see the low block sweeping hook a few more times. I believe he's 4 for 5 on that in the series.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:58 AM   #12
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

If he could post lower he would have been all year.

Well we had josh cutting all year and now we do not, what's up with that? I agree about the hook, I would like to see that a little more. I have to think that dirk feels he's getting the looks that he wants it's just not going in or he woudln't keep shooting it.

But I don't like fallaways in general, I'd really like to see him go straight up some more and possibly get mcgrady on some fouls.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 05-06-2005, 01:01 AM   #13
BSRefs

Yeah, I don't understand his infatuation with fading over T-mac oppose to shooting over him. I know T-Mac is lanky, but Dirk has such a high release, that facing up, i think he can shoot over t-mac instead of fading on him.

about posting lower, i think aj juust doesn't call for it much, we see dirk do it with success, no reason we can't do it more.

As for cutting, i dk, but its never been there when dirk post up and rarely is when anyone else post up or does anything and it needs to change. send a cutter aj.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:08 AM   #14
dude1394
Guru

But we never see him posting lower, we haven't all year. Hell yao can't get lower on damp either, I would imagine that mcgrady just about weighs what dirk does. (nope mcgrady 210, dirk 240)...But I don't think he has the mass to back him down.

Old 05-06-2005, 04:21 AM   #15
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, Mavsfan413, Erica, Ocelot... really, as someone who came here not too long ago, I can tell you that you're all being a way too harsh with this guy. Honestly, I came here a couple of months ago, with all the best intentions. I was up very late, as I always am, which is a very lonely time of day, bored. All I wanted to do was to talk about the Mavs with some fellow fans. I come here, and just post some stuff that I was thinking and that I thought others would like to discuss. As someone who'd never posted here before, or any other board like this, I obviously had no idea what kind of standards there were for starting a new thread. I just posted somethings I thought were relevant, such as the idea of Terry being traded, offseason moves etc... I was as friendly as I could be, totally egar to just talk to some Mavs-fans like myself. Totally harmless, all the right intentions. Then everyone on the board, all the "guru's" and "elite members" pummel me at once; telling me how stupid my threads were, making sarcastic remarks about me going for a record for making the most new threads... I immediately felt very unwelcome, and honestly felt like all of you were a bunch of assholes. I felt like everyone was ganging up on me because this was some exclusive board that only certain people were allowed to post on. Then I just realized that there's some kind of ridiculous ettiquet for starting new threads, and that "newbies" are hated for doing this. So since then I've just tried to get along with everyone as best as I can, and I've only started a thread when I knew that it was absolutely necessary. Maybe you don't know what it's like to be new, since you've been posting here so long, but when I first came here, I had no idea what the standard was here. I remember I made a thread about Terry possibly being traded, and everyone got mad at me because there were other threads discussing this. However none of them were even on the first page (or the second or third page) I got this riciculous lecture from someone about how I'm supposed to use the search and dig up some old thread that nobody uses anymore, instead of starting a new on. I don't think you know how infuriating that is. It's also very frustrating when somebody tells you to post something in the Gameday thread, because the gameday threads are long, boring, and full of stupid one-liners like "Nice shot finley" Anyway, my point is, you guys SERIOUSLY need to have a little more tolerance for newbies, not just about starting new threads, but everything. BSref here I'm sure is just a fellow fan like all of us, and wants nothing more than to discuss the merits of his favorite basketball team with others who are interested. Just welcome him and kindly inform him about how something could be in a different, already existing thread, instead of scourning him.

Edit: See how dude replied? Dude, that's the proper way to welcome a new guy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 09:35 AM   #16
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How would you know after just signing up last night? You have to be logged in to read the Mavs section of the board.

Old 05-06-2005, 10:08 AM   #17
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

welcome aboard, BS...I agree with your thought about the Mavs needing to run the p&r more often...Dirk and Nash seemed to have great success with it...are we really going to say that Nash is that much better shooter than JT? I don't think so. I place a huge vote for the JT/Dirk pick and roll for the future....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 10:12 AM   #18
BSRefs

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
Quote:
How would you know after just signing up last night? You have to be logged in to read the Mavs section of the board.
Not a long time ago, i don't when that was started, but i use to be able to just look even though I wasn't a member.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:25 PM   #19
MFFL41

MFFL41 is on a distinguished road

Lastnight, I thought we tried the D%D pick and roll, but either Yao interrupted the pass, or Damp fumbled it. Terry/Dirk pic would probably be best.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:30 PM   #20
Movie Phone

Movie Phone will become famous soon enough

Like I told many of you, the mavericks were probably not going to win game 6 because the rockets were extremely desperate and they were at home. the rockets are not going to lose 3 straight home games. they were due for a win at home last night...u noe what, lets just forget about everything. now there's one game left, one chance to show we are a mentally tough team. LETS DO THIS MAVS. come on, this is it. this is what its all about. if any of you are going to game, u better go nuts!...the mavs need the 6th man tommrow night.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:39 PM   #21
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Why we lost game 6 in order of importance:

1. Mike James' pressure on the ball.
Insterting DA was a good stop gap, but that is exactly what Houston needed. DA is not a scoring threat.
Terry needs to up the tempo when he is out there. They would do well to have Terry and Harris on the floor together. Mike James can't guard them both.

2. Dirk did not rest in the 3rd quarter. He had to carry the offense, guard Yao and Mutumbo. By the time Q4 rolled around, he could barely jump. The reason Mutombo was so effective is because Dirk had no strenght left.

3. The refs favored the home team. This is not a complaint. It is reality. It is probably reason #3 why Houston lost game 5.

4. Same game plan. We didn't throw much new at Houston. I really thought Bradley should have come in during the second quarter, just to change the defensive look. We pretty much showed them everything we showed them in game 5 and they made adjustments.

---------------------
You all really clutter up this board with your childish bickering. If you don't like a thread, don't respond to it. Do you really think filling a thread with insults is solving the problem of clutter?
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 01:20 PM   #22
TVI

TVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: Thespiralgoeson
Ok, Mavsfan413, Erica, Ocelot... really, as someone who came here not too long ago, I can tell you that you're all being a way too harsh with this guy.
TSGO, it's not just a case of "newbie starting a redundant thread" etiquette. The dude just signed up yesterday, and his first seven hundred posts were all about how the refs were the reason the Mavs lost last night. At least a half-dozen people tried to talk some sense into him, and he went off like a box of firecrackers, insulting guys who have been around for years, just because they didn't subscribe to his particular brand of fantasy. And to top it off, it was the kind of idiot talk that the trolls use to bring down the collective intelligence of the board; only the dude was serious.

Imagine a stranger walking into your house, and telling you that you're full of shit because you don't agree with him that the black helicopters are everywhere. It's a hell of a way to introduce yourself to the forum.

So the newbie lesson to be learned is this: say what you gotta, but be prepared for a vet to smack you down if they think you're being an idiot. I'm sure everyone's willing to give him an opportunity to redeem himself, and now that he's cooled down, he's shown some potential, but he's already 0-2 with 2 outs on some really easy pitches. If you're first entrance into this board pisses of MFF, OA, Erica, Mary, etc., you've definitely blown your opportunity to make a good first impression.

...cheese and rice, I'm still laughing at the notion that the refs were somehow responsible for the Mavs fourth quarter collapse. They were laying bricks like they were building a house...[img]i/expressions/anim_roller.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2005, 01:35 PM   #23
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
4. Same game plan. We didn't throw much new at Houston. I really thought Bradley should have come in during the second quarter, just to change the defensive look. We pretty much showed them everything we showed them in game 5 and they made adjustments.
This is one reason that I think AJ has been outcoached. He has not figured out a way to utilize the skillsets that he has available to him.

<edit>
To explain further -- my opinion --- I hated it last year when Nellie parked Bradley against Sac. --- when during the season Bradley had destroyed Sac one game. But, Nellie didn't want this certain matchup, so he didn't play him. Avery -- hire an offensive guy, and a Big man coach. You and Del have the defense down, but the offense in general now is just one-on-one stuff that fools no one, and is a jump shooting design.

If Adelman leaves Sac. Hire him to set beside Del, and teach a passing offense with cutters going to the goal.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 01:52 PM   #24
KMX

KMX is on a distinguished road

I think shot selection is key for both teams.

For the Mavs:

Jerry Stackhouse must take advantage of his 13' turnaround jumper over David Wesley. He started out 6 for 6 last night with that. If T-Mac switches to Wesley, that must mean Bowen or Padgett is in guarding Dirk. Dirk has too much foot speed for either player and should take Bowen/Padgett to the hole. Dirk will either get the foul call (Bowen/Padgett doesn't get respect from refs like T-Mac) or get a layup attempt. Dirk should not try to draw the foul because I believe Bowen/Padgett will try to move backwards out of the way. They will either hack and get called, or totally bail out. Dirk gets into problems when he tries to body into Bowen/Padgett b/c if they are in bail-out mode, Dirk is left with a difficult weird position lay-up attempt.

Jason Terry should penetrate on Bob Sura, who has been ineffective defensively due to the combination of being sick and just flat out slower than J.Terry. Getting into the lane causes Yao Ming to try to block the shot, and thus be out of position for the rebound, and Dirk could take advantage of cleaning up the glass.

For the Rockets:

T-Mac must continue to trust his teammates. His vision has been great and he should continue to make the right pass. If Yao/Bowen or anyone that T-Mac passes to fumbles it for a should-be easy layup, than so be it. When T-Mac played with the Magic he tried to be the playmaker, got frustrated when his teammates couldn't finish the plays that he started, and then just jacked up 3's all by himself out of frustration. That will only work if T-Mac is on fire.

Mike James' shot needs to be on (it is a givin he will attack and be agressive for he's the only Rocket guard who can create his own shot other than T-Mac).

If Yao Ming is not making the offensive impact that he should be making, then Mutumbo needs to be in the game earlier b/c Mutumbo is quicker laterally than Yao (better for D), and also a better blocker and better rebounder.

For Both Teams:

Do not settle for the tough jumper. Unless your team is smoking hot, the teams should continually attack the opponent's weakness with your own team's strength. Just because Stack is hitting is 13' fadaways over Wesley, does not mean he should start taking 18' dribble pull-ups. Both teams need to attack the basket. I believe the more aggressive team will win. Of course making shots will help too.

Kim

P.S.
I am a Rockets fan. I'm just giving an honest opinion. I'm tired of the bickering from both sides and then the complaining about the bickering. I'm tired of the board trashing by both towards toward eachother. There are 13,000 registered at Clutchfans, so it's difficult to characterize 'the whole board' as a certain way, and the same goes here. I'm tired of Ocelet-Ark, a long-time member of Clutchfans, who was fine and dandy up to the point this series started. He should know that there are 13,000 members, mostly added since Francis and then Ming.

P.P.S
Avery Johnson was right in the sense that this is a great basketball series. And sports writers nowadays are idiot who just write surface analysis for the masses and only care about drama and soundclips. There is no NBA tv show out there equivalent to football's NFL Matchup. Most of everything out there is just plain stupidity, trash-talking, predicting (who gives a flying freak about freakin predictions-this annoys me so much).

P.P.P.S.
The refs have not determined the outcome of any of these games. And even in game 5, the Rockets probably would have been fouled and missed freethrows anyways. However, though I don't believe in conspiracies (by the way, Jeff Van Gundy never ever said the word 'conspiracy'. that was total spin by the media and Stern to make drama. Stern fined Gundy because he was pissed that Gundy said a ref told him inside info and wouldn't give up the ref's name in accordance to article 24 of the CBA. Everyone else is thinking Gundy is fined b/c of conspiracy talk but that is all spin. All Gundy said was basically, my ref friend told me they're looking at Yao more b/c Cuban complained a lot. Soooo freaking what? That's not conspiracy talk. Everyone complains to the league about stuff to look out for. If Stern just fined Van Gundy the normal 10,000 bucks, then this wouldn't even be a story. And again, Stern made this a story because of the 100K and that's only done b/c Stern is mad at the inside ref thing and Gundy won't tell him who it is.)....anyhow, I don't believe the refs cost the Rockets the game.

JET did block David Wesley cleanly on the late breakaway, however it still would have been Rockets ball and the refs were out of position. Dirk did not foul Yao on the strip, though I believe Howard did and that it was a late whistle.

The problem is that on the Finley play, Benett Salvatore (who was standing parallel to Finley, 5 feet from him looking at the whole play said "there's no way Finley was standing out of bounds"). And then on the no-foul on Padgett play Van Gundy told the official specifically during the timeout "we are going to trap to try to force a turnover, we are not going to foul" and when the ref called it you could hear Van Gundy on Houston's game broadcast "I said we WERE NOT going to foul!"

The point is even though I believe the Rockets were going to lose that game no matter what the refs did, the refs personally made two decisions to botch calls in retaliation to Van Gundy's complaining. That's no conspiracy. Refs are just people, many of them very bad people who cheat their taxes and got charged for crimes for doing so. Jake O'donnell got forced into early retirement because he let his personal hatred towards Clyde Drexler get the better of him and kicked Drexler out of a playoff game for saying "what did I do?".

Sigh. Anyhow, Go Rockets. I hope they win, but more importantly, I hope it's an epic game with no foul problems for anyone, meaning Yao goes off for 40, T-Mac for 50, Dirk for 50 and Terry for 40. That would be fun.
KMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 03:23 PM   #25
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: KMX

I am a Rockets fan. I'm just giving an honest opinion. I'm tired of the bickering from both sides and then the complaining about the bickering. I'm tired of the board trashing by both towards toward eachother. There are 13,000 registered at Clutchfans, so it's difficult to characterize 'the whole board' as a certain way, and the same goes here. I'm tired of Ocelet-Ark, a long-time member of Clutchfans, who was fine and dandy up to the point this series started. He should know that there are 13,000 members, mostly added since Francis and then Ming.
What exactly have I done over at Cluthfans that you seem so pissed off about. i haven't called anyone names. I've been incredibly polite over there. Just because I don't agree with some of the stuff that you guys say doesn't mean I'm being controversial.

Old 05-06-2005, 05:53 PM   #26
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark
Quote:

What exactly have I done over at Cluthfans that you seem so pissed off about. i haven't called anyone names. I've been incredibly polite over there. Just because I don't agree with some of the stuff that you guys say doesn't mean I'm being controversial.
City of Houston Mascot
Old 05-06-2005, 06:12 PM   #27
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark
Quote:

City of Houston Mascot
LOL - there are a few level headed posters. A few...out of 13,000.

Old 05-06-2005, 06:13 PM   #28
KMX

KMX is on a distinguished road

Ocelet_Ark,

You're not helping the situation here. I ain't pissed, it's just that there's not enough people supporting good analysis and argumentation. Of course there should be some room for, "you suck" "no you suck" or "we're awesome" or "you're ignorant" or "we are definitely the better team", but too much of that becomes pointless and stupid.

There are many great posters here, as in Clutchfans, and many were upset about the people coming here after game 2 just to gloat and no add to discussion. As you can see the stuff that some fools post about trashing here and links and stuff get closed up by the mods and they try hard to not have that type of crap. It's just that man, 13,000 members, it's hard to keep good discussion going at the top when the masses are fools. Just like here, I see a lot of good posts, but that doesn't mean there's a bunch of crap too about complaining and complaining about the complainers.

All I'm saying is this is a great series, and there needs to be more basketball discussion and less of that other junk (that is also perpetuated by the media which doesn't believe in basketball analysis but just likes to read boxscores and provide sound clips).
KMX is offline   Reply With Quote