Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-10-2005, 12:50 AM   #1
freestyle

freestyle has a spectacular aura aboutfreestyle has a spectacular aura about
Default The Good Clean Hard Foul

Surveying the wreckage now known as game one from this series, I can only hope that we see far fewer dunks in the very near future. This is doubtful in my opinion, however, unless we give them something to think about. Certainly, that wasn't our best defense on display out there--but this team has rarely shown a willing to take a page out of Detroit's book when it comes to the best way to handle opponents that like to dunk. We should have at least 3-4 legit, but seriously rough fouls out there per game on people trying to dunk. I wouldn't want anyone to think they could continue to dunk on me with impunity. They should have to pay to play that game--and the price for them may be especially high given their relatively weak bench and the consequences if someone happens to roll an ankle on the way down. Dampier and Hendu are the obvious candidates here to show people to the floor--but the guards also need to know that if they are probably going to get called for a foul anyway, they better make sure the shot doesn't even come close to going down. If the Suns like, they can think of it as a service to help them prepare for the Spurs and Eastern Confernce Champ....
freestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2005, 12:57 AM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: The Good Clean Hard Foul

You know, that was one I liked about the last series. We saw two good, hard, clean fouls: one from Hendu on TMac and one from Howard on Yao. A few more of those would indeed go a long way.

I actually thought that Bradley was the least passive of the three centers tonight. If anyone can get value from his fouls, it's him.

John Cheney wouldn't let this kind of business take place, I'll tell you that.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 10:16 AM   #3
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:The Good Clean Hard Foul

Putting the Suns on their butts is absolutely necessary to dictate the type of game that will slow down this Suns offensive machine.

The Mavs have a deep bench, so use those fouls well. The Mavs will have to play a role they are not accustomed to, and that is the role of Bully. They need to push around the Suns and let 'em know they're there.

Make it ugly Mavs, and you can win this series!
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 11:46 AM   #4
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
John Cheney wouldn't let this kind of business take place, I'll tell you that.
Our next assitant? [img]i/expressions/devil.gif[/img]

I have to agree. We have the size and MUST knock some bodies around down there to put some doubt into the dunk-parade. If we don't, we're a laughingstock. We already saw it last night.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:11 AM   #5
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh, the good, clean, hard foul.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 09:19 AM   #6
Azn_Baller101

Azn_Baller101 is on a distinguished road

Joe Johnson just experienced it first hand. I've never been so proud of Stack.
Azn_Baller101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 10:25 AM   #7
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

No basketball fan wants to see a player hurt, but good clean hard fouls are necessary to win in the NBA playoffs. It is unfortunate if it results in injury, but the Mavs need to keep being the bullies. We fans had a preview of what they need to do in the first half and parts of the second, but they need to do more in games 3 & 4 to keep home court advantage against this potent Suns offense.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote