Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 08-12-2005, 02:47 PM   #161
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Vetern Christie Weighing Future with Mavs

If being pissed means happy as hell, then yes, I am pissed off.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2005, 02:49 PM   #162
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Vetern Christie Weighing Future with Mavs

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Ratlif could be a wonderful backup....I love his game...
I honestly think he'd start here.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 02:50 PM   #163
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
This may be the biggest free agent signing in Mavericks history.
Yea and there's a lot of competion for that nod. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 02:55 PM   #164
MrCheerios

MrCheerios is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: doggnutz

IMO, the same can be said about Bruce Bowen. Who gets the node out of the two. Bowing is a better 3 point shooter. Christi is a better slasher & ball handler. Passing is about equal. Defense about equal. Why couldn't Christi start. I think sometimes we get caught up with names in position instead of contributing in that position.
This isn't a question about name or talent. It's about age. Christie is old. Limit his minutes, and you'll increase his effectiveness. Look at robert horry. The spurs knew he played too many minutes his last year in LA. In the last two spurs seasons combined he played about the same amount as he did in in that last laker year. The result? Much better performance and effectiveness in the playoffs. And a championship ring.

Look at mutumbo, who the mavs were targeting. Who's the better defensive player at this point between him and dampier? And be honest. It's mutumbo by far. But who would start? Damp easily. If mutumbo played more than 15 minutes, he'd break down. Bruce bowen's no young pup (he's 33). But if he's still starting for the spurs two seasons from now, I'll be very suprised. Look for them to start limiting his regular season minutes in 07.
MrCheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 03:14 PM   #165
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Ratlif could be a wonderful backup....I love his game...
I honestly think he'd start here.
I doubt it. He blocks shots but he doesn't rebound and he's pretty beat up at his point. He's not the player he was in Philly or even Atlanta.

Now Joel Pryzbilla is a different story...
Old 08-12-2005, 08:24 PM   #166
terrorist_supporter

terrorist_supporter is on a distinguished road

watching him blow kisses and giving props to his wife while playing in a dallas uniform makes me feel ewwww
terrorist_supporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 09:23 PM   #167
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Watching some uneducated fool with an offensive username post drivel makes me want to puke.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 10:04 PM   #168
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Watching some uneducated fool with an offensive username post drivel makes me want to puke.

what he said.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 10:07 PM   #169
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

Ratliff would make a good backup, I agree.

I just wish he rebounded better.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 11:41 PM   #170
Mavs4skin

Mavs4skin is on a distinguished road

One thing y'all have to remember is that DC can play the point. We NEED his passing skills. His defense is all but done, but he can still make some sweet passes.
Mavs4skin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 10:18 PM   #171
terrorist_supporter

terrorist_supporter is on a distinguished road

Quote:

ummm ok
terrorist_supporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 10:24 PM   #172
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: terrorist_supporter
Quote:

ummm ok

Is that a terrorist jockstrap? Or a terrorist bra or maybe a terrorist truss?

Maybe I'm confused about your moniker.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote