malone
olajuwon

vs.

lebron
kobe
t-mac
duncan
shaq

everyone at their prime level. who wins? its gonna be great watching this game in heaven!

GoMavsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2005, 12:29 PM   #2
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:90's era vs. 00's era

magic and bird's prime years are the 80s, but let's just say everyone is in their prime like you said.. the old school guys have one huge advantage IMO. all 5 can play great individual AND team defense. sigh, what a game.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 02:34 PM   #3
GoMavsGo

GoMavsGo is on a distinguished road

yea...after giving it some thought, old guys would win. i mean olajuwon killed shaq in the 94 finals and jordan in his prime had all gears going. the most balanced match up IMO is the bird t-mac battle...or maybe the mailman duncan match up.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:00 PM   #4
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Ummm Magic and Bird were both TERRIBLE individual defenders. Bird was a good team defender. Magic was just horrible defensively overall. The new team is more athletic but I would go with the old guys i think.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 07:49 PM   #5
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 90's era vs. 00's era

old guys 8 of 10 games

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 11:47 PM   #6
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

oldschool no doubt, but I'd put iverson in the new era insetad of kobe.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 04:37 AM   #7
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Bird and Magic had the bulk and prime of their careers in the 80's. I think the 90's team should look more like;

Stockton
Jordan
Pippen
Malone
Olajuwan

Also, LeBron's a 3, not a 1. My 00's team:

Iverson
Kobe
LeBron
Duncan
Shaq
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 05:11 AM   #8
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

The old guys might be a little better but its not 8 out of 10. Lebron isnt in his prime yet. He will be better than Magic its close already. I would love to see Kobe and Jordan go at each other if they were both in their prime. Jordan was better but both of their competiveness would make them play exceptionally hard. I actually think if we go by their primes that Bron will be better than any of them. Tmac would eat up Bird on the other end. Duncan and Malone would be fun to watch. I would take Duncan but it would be fun to watch. The dream destroyed Shaq when Shaq was young but I dont think anyone could match the 01 shaq. He was just incredible. It would be fun to watch. I would say the old guys win 7 out of 10 if you consider Bron now. I would put it at the new guys 6 out of 10 if he become what I think he will. I think he will average 30 10 10 at some point in his career which is just crazy.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 05:26 AM   #9
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I don't mean to hate, but I would just like to avoid turning this into a "LeBron is amazing" thread.

As for matchups, and this is just me but...

Iverson over Stockton

Jordan over Kobe

LeBron over Pippen

Malone over Duncan (and that's the damn truth!)

Shaq over Olajuwan

Not nearly as lopsided as some of you suggest, I would think. But then again, they got the greatest player of all time so who knows (I'm personally of the belief that when LeBron retires, MJ will still be the greatest of all time)
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 05:30 AM   #10
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

You'd probably be better with:

Kidd
Kobe
Lebron/Tmac
Duncan
Shaq

That lineup wins 6.5 or 7 out of 10 from the other guys. Maybe more.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 01:38 PM   #11
GoMavsGo

GoMavsGo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Also, LeBron's a 3, not a 1.
I'd rather have LBJ as a 1. He played the PG spot during his rookie season. If you put AI and Kobe on the same team, noone will ever get shots. I love AI's game and the guts he spills out night in and night out on the court, but I do admit he's the L's number 1 ball hog, with Kobe being ballhog 2.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:49 PM   #12
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Oldschool NBA vs. Newschool NBA

A Jason Kidd in his prime may put the new school team over the top IMO. Larry Bird wouldn't last 10 minutes against these guys, stamina wise.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote