Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 10-30-2005, 10:56 PM   #1
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default This Is How You Know He Coached Atlanta

Bogut Will Be Reserve Tank For Bucks
30th October, 2005 - 12:05 am
Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel - The playoff-hopeful Milwaukee Bucks had history on their side when they decided last week to go into this season with veterans Jamaal Magloire and Joe Smith in the starting lineup and rookie Andrew Bogut coming in off the bench.

Coach Terry Stotts said that Smith, if healthy, would start at power forward with Magloire starting at center. Bogut, who started all eight exhibition games at center, will play a reserve role. The Bucks are hoping that starting a veteran lineup will be beneficial to them in their quest for a playoff spot.

In deciding not to start Bogut, the Bucks were mindful of the fact that dating back to 1986, only three of the 19 players who were selected No. 1 overall in the draft, led their teams into the playoffs in their first season. Of those 19 players, only eight led their teams into the playoffs in their second season.

"History shows that overall, No. 1 draft picks don't necessarily lead teams to playoffs," Stotts said. "As a matter of fact, it's quite the opposite."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is so stupid in so many ways.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2005, 11:25 PM   #2
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:This Is How You Know He Coached Atlanta

Quote:
That is so stupid in so many ways.
The move itself or the rationale?

Move doesn't strike me as so bad. Let Bogut develop without forcing him to do more than he's ready to. If he improves quickly, they'll move him into the starting lineup later in the season.

If he develops more slowly than expected, it'll buffer them somewhat from criticism.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 07:40 AM   #3
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: This Is How You Know He Coached Atlanta

The move and its rationale.

As far as the move, is it so hard to put Bogut at the 4. Maybe it wasn't the smartest thing in the world to bring in an all star center if you already have one in the making. A lineup of Ford/Redd/Simmons/Bogut/Magloire can go up against the best of the east.

As far as the rationale, it's just not smart. Maybe he'd have a point if his team didn't have enough talent to make the playoffs.

EDIT-- Example of my last sentence. Josh Howard starts over Jamison his rookie season, the Mavs make the playoffs b/c they already have enough talent.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote