Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

Got to love the Energy
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2002, 01:26 PM   #402
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< I bet MFFL won't be able to speak for a few days after spending tonight at AAC [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] >>

I lost my voice on the Finley's monster slam. It was incredible.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 03:09 PM   #403
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

That reminded me of last year when he flushed it on Malone (which is currently my wallpaper)that was a SWEET dunk lastnight.
Old 04-25-2002, 03:44 PM   #404
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

I hope this isn't blasphemous, but Fin's dunk reminded me somewhat of one Julius Erving did against the Lakers (I think Super-Defender Michael Cooper was the Posterized victim) that was part of NBA promo clips for years.

Same side of the court, same camera angle, same form, same swooping right-handed, overhead flushing action......

One of the nicest plays I've ever seen from Fin.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 03:52 PM   #405
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i made a comment earlier in the thread...the best slam by a mav this year...
i'm not sure what it looked like from different angles..but from behind.. it was amazing
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 07:38 PM   #406
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

That may well be the best dunk I have seen this year period.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 11:29 PM   #407
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Man, did I love that dunk! Very impressive. I liked how he yelled all the way up the court, pumping himself, the team and the crowd up.

I have the games taped and plan on watching them again since I didn't get to focus on them away from home as much.

Some things I like about the games:

1. Dirk is going after all the rebounds, but he must get help. I think he got that from LaFrentz and Finley in the 2nd game. He's pretty much scoring all over the place and getting to the ft line which we need more of. I don't think he's doing a bad job on Garnett either. I hope he's giving as much talk back to Garnett as he's giving it to him.

2. Finley had a quiet 1st game, but I liked how he came out aggressively in the 2nd one. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think he's rushing anything. Maybe a couple shots in the 2nd game you could pick about, but overall I think he's taking shots he should. Im glad, he forces things sometimes, but Im not seeing that in this series. And he's playing some pretty good 'D' as well.

3. Nash is looking to score early in the game, Im not sure if that's to get him going or the team plan.

4. NVE is giving what we want off the bench. Instant offense and drives to the basket either for himself of the kickout pass.

5. LaFrentz is doing pretty well, I think. I just wish he'd stop Nestervic (sp) from going off early. I can't remember the first game, but he did well scoring and rebounding in the 2nd game. I think he had 5 blocks in the first game.

6. Najera seems to be doing well starting for us as well.

7. The bench has been providing for us, whether it's Esch helping to fill up the middle or Bradley's little showing to Griffin/Buckner's minutes, they all seem to be throwing something positive out there.

Let's hope they take that same intensity on the road and bring a broom with them.
Old 04-25-2002, 11:49 PM   #408
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the Mavs peaked as a team in Game 2. Najera was a little slow starting but his hustle is unquestioned. Several good points MFF.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote