Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 02-01-2006, 09:35 PM   #41
Dropstep

Dropstep will become famous soon enough

well i guess all the experts are wrong than... i hope so for Dallas's sake. If he is overated that just means we get a better o-lineman falling to us
Old 02-01-2006, 11:36 PM   #42
Dropstep

Duane Slay outa Texas Tech would be a bad ass 2-3 round option for safety.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:49 AM   #43
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropstep
Duane Slay outa Texas Tech would be a bad ass 2-3 round option for safety.
your right, I hope the boyslookat him if hes there at the 3rd
Old 02-02-2006, 01:11 PM   #44
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

He seems like a nice enough guy and he has talent but he is a terrible fit here. He is a hitter with very little coverage skills. We need someone with cover skills to make up for the terrible coverage skills Roy has. ABout Ferguson the guy clearly has talent, im not disputing that at all but i just dont think it is anywhere near the level of being a top 5 pick. I could be wrong. Lord knows it wouldnt be the first time.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 05:08 PM   #45
Dropstep

Slay is an excellent pass defender and a big hitter, he doesn't play the run so great though... futhermore, it won't matter who catches the ball, if its in the middle they will be punished severley every time.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:26 PM   #46
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

FCC- why did you do this to us....Dropstep just doesn't ring like FCC.....ugh.

Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 12:37 PM   #47
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Dude i went to tech last semester and I watched every game, Slay does NOT have good cover skills. Meeks yes but Slay? NO.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:44 PM   #48
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

I think slay has the skills to be cover man if he will or not will probley determine his draft status
Old 02-05-2006, 03:36 PM   #49
jly
Dirk for MVP

jly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the rough

looks like a majority of the folks here think the boys will draft an O-lineman. i know it's a priority of ours, but it seems like a waste for a first rounder. i'd like to see them draft an offensive player or someone to start on defense (FS or LB).

what does everyone think of cutler? if he drops to us, think we'll draft him? any other good qbs that the boys have potential of drafting?

is it something we did or are they just jealous?
jly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:05 AM   #50
Five-ofan
Guru

Cutler has a 0% chance of being there but if he is sure id love him. BTW an olinemen is an offensive player i know what you meant but you would be amazed how much better your skill players look with good lineman. Also its better to get the lineman first in my opinion because then you dont have to spend a couple of years letting the skill players get beat up while you build the line.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:27 PM   #51
snoop

hereis a simple fact.great OL is harder to find than a fs or lb. You can get very good lb and fs in rounds 2 to 4 but a great lineman is hard to come by
Old 02-06-2006, 07:07 PM   #52
jly
Dirk for MVP

jly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the rough

guess both comments are true there. but how much luck have the cowboys had with drafting O-lineman? didn't we spend a 2nd rounder 2 years ago on a guy that's been injured both years? peterson i think. it's just frustrating seeing those high picks go to players than don't pan out. maybe we'll just get lucky with petitti and he'll be our starter next year.

is it something we did or are they just jealous?
jly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 06:34 PM   #53
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone see that Vegas has the Cowboys 6th in their list of teams most likely to win the Super Bowl next year at 10:1, (top in our division).

That is definitely an improvement!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2322228
Old 02-08-2006, 01:32 AM   #54
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

dan did you know the Mavs beat the Lakers tonight?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 02:20 AM   #55
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
dan did you know the Mavs beat the Lakers tonight?
The Mavs???
Old 02-08-2006, 02:28 AM   #56
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
The Mavs???
nice.

I think the Boys should draft Reggie Bush.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 02-08-2006 at 02:29 AM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 01:38 AM   #57
snoop

The boy might be intested in Jason Fabini from the jets. If so this could alter their draft board quite a bit