Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-08-2006, 03:21 AM   #41
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
Yes, I do think that. You think I'm wrong? Tell me then, where did they try to trade him to and what for?

Well, Frye is a power forward. And Curry? You know, I think I'll pass on Curry's heart condition and his defensive and rebounding disabilities. And if Isiah wouldn't take his contract it's because he already overpaid for Jerome James who's about half as talented as Dampier and about one eighth as productive.

Well, you're not the Pacers, or the Grizz. You may think his contract is ridiculous, but with his production it's certainly not any worse than Rasho's, Sam Dalembert's, Adonal Foyle's, Raef LaFrentz' and better than Jerome James', Brian Grant's, or any number of players in this league. Untradable my ass. But personally, I don't give a rat's ass if he IS untradable, because unless it's for a clear-cut upgrade, I sure as shit don't want to trade him.

proof. It's hard to take sometimes I know..

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...2d5a4af42.html

Eddie Sefko on the Mavericks (6/2)

12:56 PM CDT on Thursday, June 2, 2005

Eddie Sefko participated in a chat with readers on Thursday, June 2, 2005. The transcript is below.

bigblue: Do you see any scenario in which the Mavericks trade Dampier?
Eddie Sefko: It's a little-known fact that the Mavericks quietly shopped Dampier before the trade deadline. Thought they had a deal, too. Now, his value is even lower. But we've learned in the past that this team can trade anybody. Nothing is out of the ordinary. But it will take swallowing their egos and admitting Dampier was a huge, $70-mil mistake. Bottom line, I think he'll be here next October.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2006, 03:29 AM   #42
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Proof? Well if Sefko said it, then it must be true... Ape, I read that when it was still "news" and I don't buy it.

Edit: BTW, that wasn't even my question. My question was where did they try to trade him to and what for. Sefko mentioned no such thing. Probably just pulled it out of his ass. "Proof" indeed...

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 03-08-2006 at 03:32 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 03:31 AM   #43
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Whatta ya know sefko? It's a little believed fact too.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:33 AM   #44
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

It wouldn't suprise me if Nellie was pushing to move Damp...I got the feeling he didn't think much of him.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:34 AM   #45
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
It wouldn't suprise me if Nellie was pushing to move Damp...I got the feeling he didn't think much of him.
Probably, but it also wouldn't surprise me if Cuban shot the idea down.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:42 AM   #46
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

I just remembered something. Ape, wasn't that the incident when Sefko "misquoted" himself?
Old 03-08-2006, 04:20 AM   #47
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

well, you have the Dallas Mavericks beat writer, perhaps THE foremost expert on the the team in the press saying that the Mavs tried to trade Dampier last year.

Without a confession from Cuban or a recorded phone conversation, that's about the best you evidence you could hope for.

Do you have any proof that the Mavs didn't try to trade him. If so, let's hear it. But all signs point to the fact that they did try, and failed.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:27 AM   #48
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by madape
well, you have the Dallas Mavericks beat writer, perhaps THE foremost expert on the the team in the press saying that the Mavs tried to trade Dampier last year.

Without a confession from Cuban or a recorded phone conversation, that's about the best you evidence you could hope for.

Do you have any proof that the Mavs didn't try to trade him. If so, let's hear it. But all signs point to the fact that they did try, and failed.
Again, isn't that the incident where Sefko "misquoted himself?"

If that's your "proof" then I don't buy it. All signs? What signs? The fact that sefko said so? I heard no such thing anywhere else. And Sefko made no mention of what the deal was at all. What team? Who would the Mavs get in return? Nothing...

I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to believe that the Mavs tried to trade him, other than the fact that Nellie seemed to dislike him.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:31 AM   #49
wescx

wescx will become famous soon enoughwescx will become famous soon enough

Who cares about last year anyway. The franchise seems to have a whole new mindset these days and it's the future that matters - not the past.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:24 AM   #50
kriD
Platinum Member

kriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to all

Damp has been the best per-minute rebounder in the entire NBA for weeks now. His energy level has improved too. Our center spot has been one of the most consistent positions this season. So what do some "fans" do? They start the same ol' "Damp sucks / is overpaid, trade him" discussion. Ridiculous.
kriD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:03 AM   #51
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

My problem with both damp and diop is that there man doesn't have to cover them....AT ALL.... It'll bite us in the butt as long as they are here unless AJ can design something, anything to go and at least has their man pay attention.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote