Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 04-05-2005, 11:36 PM   #41
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Congrats to the Baylor Lady Bears

OH HEEEEEEECK YEAAAAAAAH BAAAAAYYYY-BEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

MY BEARS ARE THE 2005 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SO PROUD OF THOSE LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2005, 11:37 PM   #42
Drbio
Banned

I'm so friggin' excited I don't know what to say.

One quick aside...that MSU coach is one class act. I was very impressed with her after game press conference. MSU has a lot to be proud for.

Old 04-06-2005, 02:11 AM   #43
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Truly a tremendous accomplishment for the Lady Bears. I believe I heard that they they were the first ladies basektball team from west of Indiana to win the title since the 50's or somesuch.

Really and truly, this is the biggest accomplishment in Texas collegiate sports since...when? Texas has a baseball title in there somewhere recently, I'm sure. What else...? God knows no Texas men's basketball teams have done a thing recently (mad props to Bobby Knight's Tech team this year, though).

Maybe I'm forgetting something, though...
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 07:24 AM   #44
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Women's BBall National Champions: U of Texas 1986, Texas Tech 1992, Baylor 2005

(Texas won the College World Series in 2002)
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 09:29 AM   #45
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Cheers to the lady bears!
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 09:34 AM   #46
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all
Default RE:Congrats to the Baylor Lady Bears

Congratulations to the lady bears! Now it's time to cool off after a great season...........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-06-2005, 09:40 AM   #47
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Very cool...congratulations to the Lady Bears

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 09:57 AM   #48
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to the Lady Bears. Baylor is a magnificent university that has gotten some bad pub recently because of some very unfortunate incidents. The incidents are not remotely representative of the class of the university and the majority of the people involved with that top notch institution.

Lady Bears, you did Texas proud.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 11:13 AM   #49
Speedy

Speedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Total Class Act of the Day:

The Baylor Athletic Department has announced that win or lose there will be a welcome back party at the Ferrell Center tomorrow. Doors open at 4pm and the team is expected to arrive at 5pm. Video clips will be shown of the entire year and interviews will be held with the players and coaches. And...I fully expect to get a nice look at the National Championship trophy too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I'm so proud of these young ladies.
Any chance the forum will get to see some pictures?
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 11:42 AM   #50
Drbio
Banned

You mean like this? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] (more later)

Old 04-06-2005, 11:53 AM   #51
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Congrats DOC!!!!!
Old 04-06-2005, 12:40 PM   #52
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

Here's a few more for you Doc........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The Coach: Kim Mulkey-Robertson was her animated self.

The Coach: It had to be the shoes, right coach?

The Celebration: Kim Mulkey-Robertson has now won a national title as a player, an assistant coach and a head coach.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:54 PM   #53
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

well all right!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 09:18 AM   #54
Drbio
Banned

Old 04-07-2005, 09:22 AM   #55
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

#51 could beat me up. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 09:25 AM   #56
Drbio
Banned

Old 04-07-2005, 09:26 AM   #57
Drbio
Banned

I love those Lady Bears!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2005, 10:49 AM   #58
Speedy

Speedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the rough

Excellent pics Doc. I can't begin to imagine the the joy that must be surrounding that campus right now. Congrats again!
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 11:28 AM   #59
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Caliente
Here's a few more for you Doc........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The Coach: Kim Mulkey-Robertson was her animated self.

The Coach: It had to be the shoes, right coach?
She's so awesome! The shoes clinch it to me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2006, 03:16 PM   #60
Drbio
Banned

*Bump*

Just warming up this thread. The Lady Bears are in the Sweet 16 again. They are probably the 7-8th best team left in the tourney, but noone gave us a shot last year and we won the National Championship.

Good Luck Lady Bears!!!!!
Old 03-25-2006, 11:19 PM   #61
Drbio
Banned

Well poop. Congrats to the very solid Maryland Lady Terps for knocking off the defending champs. Don't buy into the garbage that Maryland is a young inexperienced team. That team is VERY good and could win it all this year. Amazing game for them. They EARNED the victory.

The Lady Bears fought hard all night but only shot around 27%. They just could not get it to fall and if you have a bad night shooting this late in the tourney, it will kill you. Maryland deserves all the credit though. They were simply great tonight. Best wishes to them....I hope they win it all.

Congrats to the Lady Bears on an outstanding season. They have a lot to be proud of. Playing with only 9 players for most of the year and ending up with 10, they made it to the Sweet 16 and are probably a lock for the #10 -12 ranking at the end of the year. They played four freshman HEAVY minutes all year long which can only help in the coming years. It is sad to see Sophia Young end her collegiate career, but what a blessing it was to watch her play. She will be on TV in the WNBA for sure. An easy first round pick and possibly the top choice overall if you believe the scouts that have been here all year.

I am so proud of those fighting Lady Bears. Well done ladies. Hold your heads high and get ready for another exciting season of success next year.

Sic 'em Bears!

Last edited by Drbio; 03-25-2006 at 11:20 PM.