Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-02-2006, 01:47 PM   #41
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

you can't break someone's face and will without hurting your hand a little, I suppose.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2006, 02:46 PM   #42
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
you can't break someone's face and will without hurting your hand a little, I suppose.

I do recall it being his right hand that knocked that goblin out...
Old 05-02-2006, 03:02 PM   #43
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, my buddies and I discussed that when we saw it. It was definitely his other hand/arm that nailed Miller.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 04:55 PM   #44
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

hey on PTI right now, David Dupree said Dirk is the most unique talent of the league and the MVP. It's good peopel are finally seeing what Dirk does on the big stage.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:10 AM   #45
kriD
Platinum Member

kriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to all

Mavs' arrogance impressed Memphis' Jackson

Grizzlies guard says seeing new Mavericks in action is believing

By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News

Did the Mavericks grow up right in front of our eyes by sweeping the first-round series against Memphis?

That's the way Grizzlies guard Bobby Jackson sees it. As a player who has never been quick to praise any opponents, least of all the Mavericks, Jackson said he saw a different team in the first round.

"I was shocked how they played us and the confidence they had," Jackson said. "They were arrogant, and that's how you have to be. They had that mentality of 'I'm going in the arena and beat their [expletive].' We didn't have that."

Avery Johnson often says only one opinion of the Mavericks matters – his. But he said Tuesday that he did notice what Jackson said.

"There are certain individuals whose opinion we respect," Johnson said. "I saw some of what he saw."

Johnson reiterated that he saw more grit from his team in Game 3 than at any other time. Jason Terry agreed.

"We were very resilient," he said. "It says a lot more about our character."

Good news: The Mavericks found out Tuesday that Marquis Daniels (strained right hamstring) should be available at the start of the second-round series.

Johnson said he wasn't sure whether Daniels would get much practice time. But he will be cleared to play, barring setbacks, at the start of the next round – likely Sunday if the Spurs-Kings series ends in six games.

Meanwhile, Keith Van Horn will find out how his right hand looks when it is X-rayed today. Johnson said the team hopes to have him available sometime during the second-round series.

Fun with the Grizzlies: It didn't take long for Memphians to jump off their Grizzlies' bandwagon. In particular, Shane Battier caught the brunt of criticism. On a couple of morning sports radio shows, he was referred to as "Shane Bustier."

In praise of Damp: Terry said that even though Dirk Nowitzki averaged more than 31 points in the first round, he wasn't the MVP of the series.

"I'm looking at Erick Dampier and seeing what he did on Pau Gasol all series long, making it tough on him, all the rebounds he got," Terry said of the backup center. "He was a big factor."
kriD is offline   Reply With Quote