Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-09-2006, 03:53 PM   #1
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bring your Superstitions Here!

What is everyone's superstitions for tonight's game? Last time we play SA in the playoffs, I boycotted Corona which didn't seem to work. Then we all drank coronas, and the Mavs scored 12 in a row. I think we will drink Coronas again tonight to jinx those heathens.

Any other fun ones?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2006, 04:58 PM   #2
miles berg

miles berg is on a distinguished road

I have two of those jersey t-shirt things that the Mavs put out for their players.

I think we are 0-23 when I wear the Josh jersey and we rarely use when I wear the Dirk jersey.

Thus, the Dirk jersey t-shirt is on.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:05 PM   #3
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
What is everyone's superstitions for tonight's game? Last time we play SA in the playoffs, I boycotted Corona which didn't seem to work. Then we all drank coronas, and the Mavs scored 12 in a row. I think we will drink Coronas again tonight to jinx those heathens.

Any other fun ones?
I've got a ratty old Cowboys t-shirt from the heyday of the Trips....always good for some mojo.....think I'll break it out.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 06:34 PM   #4
DaMavsCom

DaMavsCom has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Started in round one had to have fritos and beer. Been doing it every game in playoffs. Except for Sunday, because I didn't feel like drinking so early.

Won't make that mistake again!
DaMavsCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 06:53 PM   #5
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles berg
I think we are 0-23 when I wear the Josh jersey
Good God man! Burn that sh*t!!!
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:46 AM   #6
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMavsCom
Started in round one had to have fritos and beer. Been doing it every game in playoffs. Except for Sunday, because I didn't feel like drinking so early.

Won't make that mistake again!
LOL lmao

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 01:44 AM   #7
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

In superstitious anger, I hurriedly took off my Podkolzin jersey when the asterisks were getting close in early second quarter, and put on my 'Serious MuthaF****** Business' Roy Tarpley jersey, and subsequently, our Mavs cruised to victory...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 05-10-2006 at 01:49 AM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 01:47 AM   #8
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

That jersey needs to stay, my brutha. (I don't know why you didn't start with it in the first place!)
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 02:01 AM   #9
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
That jersey needs to stay, my brutha. (I don't know why you didn't start with it in the first place!)
The Tarpley jersey has a power that must be used sparingly in normal times, but normal times these are not today... For this series, the Tarpley jersey will be worn every day, and in every way, until the asterisk-dynasty sp*rs have been bludgeoned and pistol-whipped out of the playoffs by Dirk, Josh, JET, the StackAttack and all of the other members of this Championship-year Mavericks squad...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 05-10-2006 at 02:46 AM.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:02 AM   #10
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Edit- Stupid double post

Last edited by Evilmav2; 05-10-2006 at 02:06 AM.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:01 AM   #11
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

well, I wore my Dirk blue jersey in game 1 and they lost, didn't wear it last night, so I will go without the Dirk jersey the rest of the series.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:19 AM   #12
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I have a very cool mavs hat that I've been wearing for all the playoff games....so far its 5-1....though just in case the hat had worn off (because of game 1) I did have two others ready in the wings....what a fool I was for ever doubting the "cool hat". my mavs are 1-1 with momentum and health on their side....and my faith has been restored

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:24 AM   #13
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

The Mavs have won every playoff game that I watched in the gym. Call me gym rat from now on?
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:49 AM   #14
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleDipping
The Mavs have won every playoff game that I watched in the gym. Call me gym rat from now on?
do what must be done!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote