Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-14-2006, 11:32 PM   #1
BaselineBum

BaselineBum will become famous soon enoughBaselineBum will become famous soon enough
Default Anyone see the fight in the stands in Dallas?

Was it Mavs -vs- Spurs Fans?

From Dallas Morning News: http://fromthescene.beloblog.com/

Great fight in the stands

Just saw a great fight between four guys behind the basket, just a few rows from the secondary media seating. One guy was just pounding some other dude in the back. A beer, or soda went flying. AAC ushers got to the scene on time but the Dallas PD got there a little late. Best fight, in a crowd, I've seen in a while. Glad to see Dallas PD break it up quickly so nobody could get hurt.

Yep, nothing gets past the Dallas PD....

Last edited by BaselineBum; 05-14-2006 at 11:32 PM.
BaselineBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2006, 11:34 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

If it was a Mavs fan vs. a spurts fan you can rest assured the spur fan cried like a bitch at some point right after losing the fight.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 01:58 AM   #3
gomavs5

gomavs5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
If it was a Mavs fan vs. a spurts fan you can rest assured the spur fan cried like a bitch at some point right after losing the fight.

yeah, they learn how to cry from the best
gomavs5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:16 AM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Timmah and Manu are experts at the art of crying.

Last edited by Drbio; 05-15-2006 at 08:17 AM.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 12:04 PM   #5
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

Quote:
he probably got his a$$ beat 'cause he was waiting for a whistle.
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 03:40 PM   #6
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Timmah and Manu are experts at the art of crying.

No kidding but who crares, they just risk Ts. Credit the patience of the Mavs and their bench with the refs, one tech and the game turns out differently.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 03:47 PM   #7
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylstar
GENIUS!

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:32 AM   #8
veronicamae

veronicamae is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylstar
I'm not sure a Mavs fan can talk about waiting for a whistle. How about Jason Terry sitting on the ground for about 15 seconds whining that he didn't get a call? Or the way Dirk would act like a little Tony Parker or Brent Barry was knocking him over.

Puh-leeze.

If you were on the losing end of horrid officiating, you, too would be looking for calls. But I would hardly call it CRYING.
veronicamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:34 AM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quit whining Mrs. Duncan. Stick your f'ing head up your ass and kiss them both goodbye.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:40 AM   #10
veronicamae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Quit whining Mrs. Duncan. Stick your f'ing head up your ass and kiss them both goodbye.
Mrs. Duncan? Oh hardly. Stop, you make me laugh.

That was quite the immature argument. Put yourself in the Spurs' place and you would be mad at the calls, too, don't even try to deny that. ANYONE would be pissed at the calls.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:41 AM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Why? If anything, the Mavs got the short end of the calls tonight. There should never be a complaint about officiating from San Antonio. San Antonio has been on the good side of the officiating stick for 6-7 years now. And yeah, it still continues today.

Last edited by Murphy3; 05-16-2006 at 12:42 AM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:46 AM   #12
veronicamae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Why? If anything, the Mavs got the short end of the calls tonight. There should never be a complaint about officiating from San Antonio. San Antonio has been on the good side of the officiating stick for 6-7 years now. And yeah, it still continues today.
Umm....I'm sorry, but didn't Dallas shoot what, 50 free throws in game 3? and 30+ in game 2?

Also, there is a difference between getting the better half of calls and getting called for ridiculous things that would never be called in the past. Whether the refs/NBA have it in for the Spurs or not does not matter -

The officiating has sucked for every game of every series in the whole of the playoffs. Period. You're simply lucky that you are on the winning end of it this time.

Oh and it's not like Spurs getting good calls in the past 6 or 7 years kept you from getting to the Finals, so that's a moot point.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:22 AM   #13
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by veronicamae
Umm....I'm sorry, but didn't Dallas shoot what, 50 free throws in game 3? and 30+ in game 2?
And how in the world does this mean that the Mavs got the benefit of the officiating? All this tells us is that the Spurs couldn't keep the Mavs out of the paint.

Quote:
Also, there is a difference between getting the better half of calls and getting called for ridiculous things that would never be called in the past. Whether the refs/NBA have it in for the Spurs or not does not matter -

The officiating has sucked for every game of every series in the whole of the playoffs. Period. You're simply lucky that you are on the winning end of it this time.
You're right that the officiating has been bad, but it HAS been fair in the sense that it's been bad for both teams in every series. The Mavs have been on the receiving end of a SHITLOAD of bad calls this seires, as have the Spurs. If you believe that the Mavericks have honestly had some kind of advantage over the Spurs because of the officiating, you're horribly mistaken. For God's sake, Josh Howard, Erick Dampier, and Gana Diop have been in foul trouble just about every game throughout the playoffs!

Quote:
Oh and it's not like Spurs getting good calls in the past 6 or 7 years kept you from getting to the Finals, so that's a moot point.
Nobody ever said it did. Matter of fact, if anything, that's the good thing about Mavs fans on this board anyway. We don't blame our losses on the refs, and anytime someone here does, he gets put in his place.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:16 AM   #14
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

The officiating was terrible tonight...but terrible both ways. Only a Spurs fan would cry about it being one-sided...they learn how to cry from little Timmy himself, the biggest damn cry-baby I've ever seen in professional sports, period.

Cry all you want...your team got beat. Ginobli didn't foul out because the refs were unfair, he fouled out because he had no idea how to stop Devin Harris. Even his big-ass nose couldn't slow Devin down.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 09:21 AM   #15
veronicamae

yeah yeah yeah, whatev.

there are still 3 games left to be played in this series. i will admit to defeat if the spurs are eliminated. and no, i will not run away from this board w/ my tail between my legs if they lose. hell, i'm here BECAUSE we've been losing.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:56 AM   #16
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by veronicamae
yeah yeah yeah, whatev.

there are still 3 games left to be played in this series. i will admit to defeat if the spurs are eliminated. and no, i will not run away from this board w/ my tail between my legs if they lose. hell, i'm here BECAUSE we've been losing.
If there will be 3 further games played, I'll eat my hat.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 10:47 AM   #17
veronicamae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne
If there will be 3 further games played, I'll eat my hat.
I hope you have some salt for it, you might need it! We'll all just have to wait and see.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:27 PM   #18
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

I will also eat Arne's hat.

Despite actually holding tickets to game 6, I'm hoping this one's over with in 5. On to the WC Finals!
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 11:38 PM   #19
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I'll eat bobatundi's tickets. He won't be needing them.