Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-18-2006, 07:08 PM   #1
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold
Default Jason Terry show on 103.3

Jason Terry is making a statement right now.
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2006, 07:16 PM   #2
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

recap, anybody?
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 07:21 PM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Terry-- I didnt do it. My agent and others are looking for all the footage, etc to get me cleared. (Announcement was made after many players had left practice but everyone called him. He's told everyone). Even though Im not guilty Im sorry.

Cuban- dont apologize. we're behind you.

Terry-- I'm not going to say who ratted on me, but there are only two parties here. Mavs (my boys) are going to win it in 6 games

announcer-- the fans are behind you, lets see you later

piped in sounds-- wooo! I love you!

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-18-2006 at 07:23 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 07:21 PM   #4
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Apologized profusely, wasn't totally sure what happened, sounded like he hadn't gotten a chance to see the WOAI angle yet - as though the TNT broadcast was all he had to go on.

Said he didn't remember any details of the moment other than getting the jump ball, calling for a timeout, and not letting the ball go until the whistle, no matter what.

He said Avery was really upset, got calls from all the teammates. Said all the right things about going out tomorrow and taking care of business, etc.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 07:22 PM   #5
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
Terry-- I'm not going to say who ratted on me, but there are only two parties here.
I missed that! I was eating.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 07:23 PM   #6
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

This is not word for word of course, but JT basically says that he did not punch Finley. In addition, if he video shows that he did, it was not intentional or malicious. He did appologize to the fans and his teammates (even though I dont think that is necessary under the circumstances, given that he seems to think he is innocent). There was also mention that there has never been an overturned suspension in league history.
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Old 05-18-2006, 07:23 PM   #7
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

thanks guys!
Old 05-18-2006, 07:24 PM   #8
jleefilled
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner
There was also mention that there has never been an overturned suspension in league history.
Rats!
Old 05-18-2006, 07:25 PM   #9
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Cuban:

what a joke. I looked over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Ginobli on top of Terry and Finley jumps on Terry. Terry is on his back and reacts-- its not a roundhouse, whatever

MICHAEL FINLEY calls it in. League looks. League isnt consistent. (cuban backsteps). Finley initated it, through the Spurs etc.

we've seen examples of created contact in reaction. Terry was lying on his back. Maybe Terry punches like a girl. When you have 6 inches to move. Terry is grimmacing the whole time. IT could have been because he was in pain.

Watch it in real time-- whatever. Ginobli is fighting, Finley puts two hands on the ball and Finley drops his hip into Terry. Ginobli looks at the whole thing and doesnt react whatsoever.

Finley acts like a baby. Fin feels like something must have happened. Fin took acting lessons.

Joe Derosa was RIGHT THERE and saw THE ENTIRE THING.

huge difference between reacting and flailing and throwing a punch. Terry didnt get his moneys worth.

(Announcer corrects-- Joe Forte, asks if there should have been a technical or a flagrant...whatever)

Cuban: if his hand was open, it would have been nothing. There was no message sent by what Terry did-- not a punch.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-18-2006 at 07:29 PM.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:25 PM   #10
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Someone link video footage of this?

or a picture?
Old 05-18-2006, 07:32 PM   #11
roadrunner
Golden Member

JT also said that they are gonna end this series in 6 games. Cuban says that we are gonna kick their butts. haha these SA bitches are going down!

Old 05-18-2006, 07:32 PM   #12
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Ginobli hip checks Terry to knock Terry down period. (foul?)

No one thought to suspend Kaman after getting attacked. No one screamed to suspend Ginobli in the Artest case.

Cuban: they'll report some things, but ONLY Malone/Nash thing was enough to freak out about.

SHAME ON THE LEAGUE if they are punishing Terry for Cuban.

league should grow some balls.

We'll put the smack down on san Antone anyways.

EVERY MAV thinks that they need to send a message. They all want to win. AJ knows that sh@t happens-- as if Terry had been injured.

THIS mavs team has that spirit to win. We're focused. We dont need Nick Van Exel to tell them "fe'm". We can freaking play.

Its going to be FREAKING CRAZY at the AAC tomorrow. All fans believe

There isnt any more kidding-- Boo finley. It isnt about Finley. We're a team. Dallas Mavs, Dallas fans, everyone are here together and Fin isnt part of it. Its US vs. THEM

Tyler: What was Terry supposed to do? He sacrficed his body.

Cuban: Terry wasnt looking for contact. He just reacted naturally.

Tyler: this sucks. We're going to be loud tomorrow.

Adrian: how do you feel about Peter Holt refusing tickets to Dallas residents?

Cuban: I hate Spurs. They are sh@theads. they wont let us broadcast Dallas games in San Antone. They are afraid that the fans arent that devoted.

some guy: Im curious what is up with Reggie Evans getting a fine and Terry gets suspended in the playoffs. I'm willing to advertise your opinion, Cuban

Cuban: its unbelievable. I dont understand

David: do you think Fin has animosity against the Mavs because of how he left.

Cuban: everyone should have animosity against someone paying them 15 million dollars. What a luxury (poke?)

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-18-2006 at 07:37 PM.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:37 PM   #13
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched the clip in Murph's thread. I sincerely hope the NBA had some more conclusive evidence than that. Hard to even tell if there was contact, though from Finley's reaction it's hard to imagine there wasn't. Beyond that, though, it's not remotely clear to me that there was any intention on JT's part to cause harm/pain/whatever, and if you're going to suspend a starter in a game of this magnitude I think you'd better have an irrefutable justification for doing so. Certainly the decision to suspend him is highly questionable at the very least given the punishment that Evans received.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:51 PM   #14
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Cuban: I havent sent in a video in over a year.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:53 PM   #15
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

announcer: what about the AAC being too loud?
cuban: the fans were just so amazing. Stern just hadnt been to an arena that was that excited. We'll deal with it seperately. We have audio guys there measuring the audio. We havent heard from Stern again about arena noise

woman: was your spotty background with Stern related to the suspension

cuban: it would be REALLY messed up if true. So bad, I dont even want to think about it.

guy: what are we doing to keep Terry here?

cuban: we love him and are doing everything we can to keep him here.

guy: what about putting griffin on duncan?

cuban: Duncan will just go over griff and grab the board.

tom: when we beat San Antone, who do you want to play

Cuban: cleveland because HCA, but lets talk later

guy: duncan got all the calls the other night during his worst year.

cuban: barkley doesnt know sh@t. He doesnt matter.

annoncer: why did it take so long to declare this?

cuban: it took a long time-- they looked at all the views. It took a while to convince themselves that there was soemthing there.

Announcer: what about Avery?

cuban: AJ, the general is the best leader in the league. he's proven himself. Cuban couldnt trust him more. He's defined a culture-- no underdog mentality, hard work, mentality. Its not about opinion. AJ is a special person.

I love owning a team, watching games, being there, being around fans, but I HATE dealing with the NBA

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-18-2006 at 07:59 PM.