Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-18-2006, 06:28 PM   #1
FanNBA

FanNBA is on a distinguished road
Default Terry Suspension Take

First of all, I am not a mavs fan or spur fan. I love all NBA Team
I know JT is most religious/god loving guy so he woundn't do anything cheap.
After watching the video. Yes, no doubt he punched the Finely but not intentionally he just wanted finely to get off him and he didn't know he was goin to hit finley "sensitive tool" i think finely overreacted and somebody in spurs office send the video to NBA league.
That said, I think your MAVS team needs to be motivate from this accident and try to win the series. I am sure tommorrow official would be calling the game tight and would call each and every foul because of this accident. Who would take the benefit we will see tomorrow night
Good Luck to all MAVS and Spurs Fan. It would be a great game.

Last edited by FanNBA; 05-18-2006 at 06:32 PM.
FanNBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2006, 06:31 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

FanNBA, I'll be honest, I still haven't seen the punch. I would love to know what the consensus is. I've seen both the TNT feed and the feed that was sent to the league. I just haven't seen the punch.

What is everyone elses take? If it's not 100% conclusive in a situation like this, I don't know how a suspension could be handed out. People, please tell me that there was indeed a punch. Please tell me that I'm just 'missing' seeing Terry's fist connect with Finley.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 06:33 PM   #3
mavsluvah

mavsluvah is on a distinguished road
Default Why JT...

here is the link...
http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/?videoId=250811,565

JT lost his cool...very unfortunate and needs TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY AND LEARN FROM THIS!
mavsluvah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 06:35 PM   #4
FanNBA

Hi
You have to pause the video and play again and again in order to see the punch or fist waving saying get the hell off me. I think League overreacted in this case. I don't know whether JT intention was hitting finley tools. But I belive you guys have Daniel and Harris may have to play more minutes. I believe it would be tight game whoever makes the play in the end would win the games.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:37 PM   #5
FanNBA

I also want add that EVAN case was more intentional than this and the league didn't do anything about it.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:37 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

So, you're saying that it was 'a punch or fist waving'....That doesn't sound like it's anything conclusive.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:40 PM   #7
FanNBA

Yep, but I don't make this rules i just watch enjoying all the game. A new twist in the series I guess
Old 05-18-2006, 06:40 PM   #8
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

This is crap and everyone knows it. Stern doesn't like Cuban or the Mavs. He had people testing the sound levels at the Arena for Christ's sake. You know that Tony stupid ass parker would never be suspended. This is all just a spectacle for David Stern. Congratulations on your reality show Stern.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 06:58 PM   #9
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Well I thought I saw a punch.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 07:02 PM   #10
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL
Well I thought I saw a punch.
I thought I saw a poltergeist in Three Men and a Baby, but it was a cardboard cutout
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 07:10 PM   #11
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

There is NO PUNCH Terry swings his arm a lil ...but only to get Finley's arm off him. It was not to punch Fnley.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 07:11 PM   #12
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

It looked like a punch but it CERTAINLY wasn't definitive enough to suspend a player in the playoffs. If Evans can get away with his crap without a suspension then this should have skated by too.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 07:36 PM   #13
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Well if it's a punch, then let's see the still shot of the closed fist.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 07:39 PM   #14
scorched03

scorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the rough

eh. comapred to raja bell smacking kobe around. this is uh... a tad underwhelming for a "punch"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12615741/
definitely intentional.

terry? given the situation its not clear if the punch was anger or a knee jerk reaction. inconsistent? yes..... very.
scorched03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 07:43 PM   #15
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't seen it but Fin is not someone who gets pissed over nothing.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 07:44 PM   #16
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

And now you see why it helps to whine and complaine on the officiating,the league is under pressure.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 07:54 PM   #17
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive
I haven't seen it but Fin is not someone who gets pissed over nothing.
He's a Spur. That's the Spurs bit...getting pissed over nothing... They're always wronged by officials. They're always wronged by the league. They never foul..They're always fouled. They are p*ssies.

Last edited by Murphy3; 05-18-2006 at 07:54 PM.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:00 PM   #18
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah but Fin looked geniunely pissed off from what I can remember.Fin and overreact just doesn't compute for me. This is only my first thought. This thread is the first I've heard of the suspension.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:07 PM   #19
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't care if fin's pissed off or not. He probably thinks he was punched that but that doesn't mean he was or wasn't.

And the issue at hand is closed fist or not it seems. Now it's pretty stupid to have such a rule that allow no interpretation, but it's convenient for stu jackson.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:14 PM   #20
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
I don't care if fin's pissed off or not. He probably thinks he was punched that but that doesn't mean he was or wasn't.

And the issue at hand is closed fist or not it seems. Now it's pretty stupid to have such a rule that allow no interpretation, but it's convenient for stu jackson.
It's like all the zero-tolerance policies that schools around the country love to fall back on... it helps to keep stupid people from having to think too hard.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:16 PM   #21
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Ok I just watched it. Terry definately punched him in the nuts, and it looked on purpose.

Personally the biggest injustice was all the BS calls Duncan got last night, but this looks legit.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:24 PM   #22
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan
It's like all the zero-tolerance policies that schools around the country love to fall back on... it helps to keep stupid people from having to think too hard.

I hope you are not a mother or worse for the population, a teacher.

This situation has brought the bad out of EVERYBODY today, including the mods.

SUCK IT UP.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:35 PM   #23
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blab's Nemesis

I hope you are not a mother or worse for the population, a teacher.

This situation has brought the bad out of EVERYBODY today, including the mods.

SUCK IT UP.
Come on, dude. I've been griping about zero-tolerance policies in the Lounge and the Political Forum for years. I think they're a bad idea just about everywhere. I made the comment with a little nugget of truth and a little tongue in cheek.

Although for the record, yes, I do think a lot of people who draw checks from (fill-in-the-blank) ISD in the great state of Texas are incapable of applying critical, consistent thought to rules, and use zero-tolerance policies as a fallback. In fact, I think a lot of people, period, suffer from this deficiency. Stu Jackson among them.

You need to suck it up, homes, not me. I gave an opinion about inconsistent punishments. I'm allowed to do that here.

Last edited by Rhylan; 05-18-2006 at 08:41 PM.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:08 PM   #24
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
He's a Spur. That's the Spurs bit...getting pissed over nothing... They're always wronged by officials. They're always wronged by the league. They never foul..They're always fouled. They are p*ssies.
This should be etched in stone.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:31 PM   #25
JustReading
Banned

JustReading is an unknown quantity at this point

He did not punch him, fin was on his head fin wouldnt get off. whistle blew, still wouldn't get off. accordinglu put his arm up twice to get fin off him. if anything, fin fouled him while he was on the floor. worst suspension ever.
JustReading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:52 PM   #26
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

We're all stars now....in the dope show.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote