Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-20-2006, 08:47 AM   #1
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default Cuban to Stern "[Bleep] YOU! You're league is rigged!"

Official coverup? Conspiracy theories no excuse for Dallas
gcote@MiamiHerald.com

There could not be a more perfect locale than Dallas for these NBA Finals to resume tonight. Just a few miles from the basketball arena is the infamous grassy knoll, national Mecca of conspiracy theorists. We presume that when the Mavericks' owner, coach and players talk these days about looking at film, it might not be game film but rather Abraham Zapruder's grainy home movie.

The question now: Is commissioner David Stern acting alone in manipulating to steal Dallas' championship trophy and give it to the Miami Heat? If so, then what of the blurred, shadowy figures on the knoll who appear to be wearing vertically striped shirts?

A delicious, volatile cauldron presents itself for Game 6 tonight in the wake of Sunday's home Heat victory in overtime and the Mavericks' belief the referees helped fashion Miami's 3-2 series lead. Desperation and paranoia is a cocktail more dangerous than Molotov's, and Dallas owner Mark Cuban warring with the officials is something like a match mad at a stick of dynamite.

It is unlikely Miami has been a part of playoff combustion like this since the bad old Knicks-rivalry years, when suspensions rocked a series and your snapshot was New York coach Jeff Van Gundy poodled onto Alonzo Mourning's pistoning leg in an on-court melee.

Here, the Mavs say they'll play with ''anger'' as the hostility of all North Texas funnels into one arena. Not sure in what role Dwyane Wade might find Shaquille O'Neal more useful tonight: Center. Or bodyguard.

''We Wuz Robbed!'' has long been the handiest excuse of teams that cannot find a decent reason for their collapse that doesn't involve the ignominy of a mirror. The convenience of alleging bad calls, or even willfully biased officiating (you'll recall the Seattle Seahawks conducted a remarkable seminar in early February), also is the blame-dodge of choice among teams that cannot bear to properly credit the opponent.

And so there it was for all to see past midnight Sunday in Miami's downtown bayfront arena: the sourest, saddest, sorriest display by a losing team that you'd ever wish to witness.

Not the loss itself; that was rather valiant. The reaction to it.

There was Cuban, whose billions can buy just about anything but a mortal slump by D-Wade, careening onto the court in a blue Jerry Stackhouse jersey after the final buzzer, screaming profanely at referee Joe DeRosa.

Cuban then turned to Stern and other NBA officials who were seated at the scorer's table and was overheard to shout venomously in the jubilant din, ``[Bleep] you! [Bleep] you! Your league is rigged!''

MAVS COME UNHINGED

That was just after The Incredible Shrinking Dirk Nowitzki -- who began the series as a 7-foot superstar but has seen the series turn him into his own bobblehead doll -- punted the basketball up into the 300-level seats after the buzzer and marauded off the court, slamming a water cooler and kicking a stationary bicycle in the hallway en route to the visitors' dressing room.

A bit after that is when coach Avery Johnson conducted a news conference that, if it were any stranger, might have seen him restrained and fitted with a straitjacket by men in White Hot coats.

A reporter asked what he thought of the foul call that turned into Wade's game-winning free throws with 1.9 seconds left in overtime.

''You tell me. What was your impression?'' Johnson replied.

The question was essentially repeated four more times; so was the coach's increasingly testy reply.

''No I want you to give everybody an honest answer,'' Johnson demanded, finally. ``We have people from Israel and Minnesota, Chicago, all over Dallas Germany.''

Johnson's performance seemed applicable to the phrase ''cracking under pressure'' to a degree that left you worried the coach was going to suddenly split in two, like a coconut that met a machete. This was the perfect spokesman for a team that seemed to be coming apart before our eyes.

Dallas' once-commanding 2-0 lead in this series seems as long ago now as NBA short-shorts. Three straight home victories by Miami have put control of the championship trophy in Heat hands entering tonight; the only question is how the seismic shift happened.

Wade's 121 points in the past three games is a pretty strong opening argument.

You start with Miami's young Flash asserting himself as the Finals MVP-in-waiting and doing it with a dominance that conjures images of Michael Jordan. And you contrast that with Nowitzki too often playing like David Hasselhoff sings, in the biggest collapse associated with Germany since the Berlin Wall.

Yet Dallas would cite the officiating, as if that was why the Mavs blew a 13-point, mid-fourth-quarter lead in crucial Game 3 -- a collapse that left the entire Dallas team writhing on the court in need a of a group Heimlich maneuver.

CUBAN'S SOUR GRAPES

Again Sunday night, responsibility for the loss was not accepted by the Mavericks. Class was not in session. So, in the wake of the 101-100 defeat, they blamed the refs.

Said that Wade, with the ball and 9.1 seconds left, committed a backcourt violation that was not called.

''That's a backcourt violation, at least to most high-schoolers,'' Cuban groused.

Then they said Wade committed a foul on Jason Terry en route to the basket that wasn't called.

''He pushed him. I guess that's not a foul,'' Cuban groused.

''Pushed off, like, three guys,'' Nowitzki claimed.

Then they said Wade was not fouled at all on the final drive that froze the clock at 1.9 and set up his winning free throws. Half right on that. Nowitzki was called but was not the fouler. However, replays clearly show Devin Harris grabbed Wade's inside right elbow, an obvious foul on anybody's court.

Finally, Dallas claimed it wanted to use its last timeout after Wade's second free throw but that the referee mistakenly awarded it after the first one -- even though the mistake clearly appeared to be on the part of timeout-signaler Josh Howard.

Speaking of whom, evidently Howard escapes blame for his two missed free throws with 54 seconds left. Evidently Nowitzki does, too, for another of his late missed foul shots. Maybe a ref hissed, ``Miss it!''

A LACK OF GRACE

Yes, let the Mavericks not accept blame for their third straight Finals loss or entertain the absurd idea Miami might be a worthy opponent.

No.

Let's instead put a telescope on the grassy knoll and imagine Stern there -- is he grinning? -- exacting some sort of vendetta against Cuban over the fact he is the most outspoken critic of NBA officiating. A conspiracy! Yes. That's it. Stern's Revenge!

''It's just ridiculous,'' Cuban summarized before climbing onto his team's bus.

He meant the officiating late in Sunday's game.

He might better have meant his team's response to the loss in the absence of any sort of grace.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2006, 08:55 AM   #2
Knickfan

Knickfan is a jewel in the roughKnickfan is a jewel in the roughKnickfan is a jewel in the rough

This man is a little BABY. I wish he would just SHUT UP !!!!!!!
Knickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:02 AM   #3
sly
Banned

sly can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickfan
And I hope he keeps on and keeps on. I'm glad Mark isn't a WEAKLING and sits there by and by while others abuse their power.

Mark is an INSPIRATION and a model citizen for the return of the real American Way: Fighting back against the corrupt.

Those that don't want to rock the boat are doomed to sink with it. Nice choice.

Last edited by sly; 06-20-2006 at 09:03 AM.
sly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:05 AM   #4
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

So of the hundreds of press/journalists/bloggers/etc. in attendance, that's ONE MIAmi "writer" to now report this outlandish Cuban bombshell.

That's his interpretation of what really happened. You know... a sports column. You could've put this ass-wiping worthy article in one of the other bullshit Cuban hating threads.

Go back to jamaica madape. You're gonna go hide anyway when Dampier dominates tonight.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 06-20-2006 at 09:41 AM.
capitalcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:19 AM   #5
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Yep I wish knight-ridder could find some better writers too.

As it turns out the guys in Ft. Worth might actually have some talent afterall.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:33 AM   #6
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
So of the hundreds of press/journalists/bloggers/etc. in attendance, that's ONE MIAmi "writer" to now report this outlandish Cuban bombshell.

That's his interpretation of what really happened. You know... a sports column. You could've put this ass-wiping worthy article in one of the other bullshit Cuban hating threads.

Go back to jamaica madape. You're gonna go hide anyway when Dampier dominates tonight.
I'd love to go back to Jamaica. It's beautiful there.

It think it's pretty classic that one of the biggest whining bitches on this board has photoshopped a bunch of Spurs in crybaby gear on his sig. You sir, are the definition of a hipocrite.

I posted this article because I heard about it on my drive to work on two sports radio talk shows, one local and one national. It's being talked about, so I don't see any reason why we shouldn't to talk about it here. That is, unless you're a punk ass whiney bitch who wants to "hide" from any criticism of the Mavericks.

Capital City is a fine example of how low Maverick fandom sunk after that game 5 loss. It will take years to live down the deplorable reaction from Cuban and Maverick fans. We should all be ashamed of ourselves.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 06-20-2006 at 09:41 AM.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:36 AM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Isn't this also the guy who said that Cuban hung a Go Mavs banner off his boat as he rode into the Miami harbor?

One problem....Cuban has never owned a boat per his blog.

Last edited by Drbio; 06-20-2006 at 09:36 AM.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:40 AM   #8
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Find the exact quote from another source madape.

Until then it's just an opinion piece from a miami sports writer - a.k.a. not legitimate fodder for your most recent "Cuban is disgraceful" tirade.

I always knew Matt Drudge doesn't give a shit what he links to his site. Kinda like you don't give a shit what this (2006) mavs team accomplishes, because YOU ARE TOO BUSY LIVING IN 2003 BRADLEY BOY.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:43 AM   #9
Knickfan

Knickfan is a jewel in the roughKnickfan is a jewel in the roughKnickfan is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE]Capital City is a fine example of how low Maverick fandom sunk after that game 5 loss. It will take years to live down the deplorable reaction from Cuban and Maverick fans. We should all be ashamed of ourselves[QUOTE]

Madape, it has been disgusting how ridiculous the whining has gone BUT I can understand people being upset. I truly can understand but to the point of yelling the NBA is rigged, the NBA wants Miami to win is just assinine. It's one thing to hear a fan yelling it is one thing but to hear an owner?????

And Sly, Cuban is NOT the only owner in the league but the ONLY owner that runs on the court and yells at the commissioner of the league. Do you think he's the first owner to be unhappy with the officiating? NO! However everyone wants to be so happy with Cuban while he's going to scorers tables and asking them to freeze calls so the refs could see, running on to the court when someone is getting into a fight and again YELLING at the commissioner. If you guys want to applaud that behavior and say it's wonderful, go right ahead but I think it's deplorable. Especially when the Mavs have a classy coach, classy players and are obviously one of the premier teams in the NBA. That's why I can tolerate the fans yelling with their speculation or their conspiracy theories, but an OWNER???!!!! It's ridiculous.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:46 AM   #10
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Quote:
It's one thing to hear a fan yelling it is one thing but to hear an owner?????
??????

The multiple question marks are fitting because you don't know what he said. Neither does madape.

But lets not let facts get in the way of a personal agenda.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:48 AM   #11
madape
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
Isn't this also the guy who said that Cuban hung a Go Mavs banner off his boat as he rode into the Miami harbor?

One problem....Cuban has never owned a boat per his blog.
Not quite. That was the goofball American Airlines Arena operating officer Brad Morris. His quote was reported by Miami Herald gossip columnist Madeline Marr.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:49 AM   #12
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

How would it be, if no one said anything about the refs for the rest of the playoffs, (however long that might be) and instead focus on the Mavericks and what they need to get done to win this next game.

National opinion of the Mavericks couldn't be any lower now thanks to Dirk and Avery and Cuban. Let's just forget about it.

No more of this.

All this negative energy is stressing me out.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:58 AM   #13
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madape
It think it's pretty classic that one of the biggest whining bitches on this board has photoshopped a bunch of Spurs in crybaby gear on his sig. You sir, are the definition of a hipocrite.
Yeah I noticed your sig too.

You know the one: "Sources inside the organization now acknowledge they should've used the amnesty clause on Dampier instead." - Starlegram xx/xx/06

Of course it's gone now. Because Damp's a badass mofo, and you don't really believe half the crap you spew about "the Dump".
Old 06-20-2006, 09:59 AM   #14
Knickfan

Quote:
??????

The multiple question marks are fitting because you don't know what he said. Neither does madape.

But lets not let facts get in the way of a personal agenda
Well I didn't need to hear him, I'm sure you saw the clips and I saw the clips, Cuban turned around and yelled at some people who were sitting a few rows behind him. YES that was NBA officials who were sitting a few rows behind him and I didn't read his lips saying the NBA is rigged but I did read his lips that said F@#$ YOU! Even if he didn't say the NBA is rigged, he cursed at an NBA official. If you are a player on the court and do that, you get a technical foul, if you're an NBA OWNER and you yell at NBA OFFICIALS you can't get a technical foul but you just look like an ASS.

What's funny about this is if this was some other owner acting like this, I could see the SAME people who are defending Cuban, talking about how some other owner is a baby and looks like a fool.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:06 AM   #15
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

Brad Morris likes teh c0c*
Old 06-20-2006, 10:07 AM   #16
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Quote:
Even if he didn't say the NBA is rigged, he cursed at an NBA official.
So libel is cool?

Let me guess - NYTimes subscriber?
Old 06-20-2006, 10:28 AM   #17
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I, too, am embarrassed by the way the Mavs appeared to come apart at the seams after Sunday night's game. For a team that talks a lot about mental toughness--I mean, that talks a LOT about mental toughness--they sure looked mentally weak after the game.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:32 AM   #18
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by madape
Not quite. That was the goofball American Airlines Arena operating officer Brad Morris. His quote was reported by Miami Herald gossip columnist Madeline Marr.
My bad. Thought I recognized the name.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:47 AM   #19
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I, too, am embarrassed by the way the Mavs appeared to come apart at the seams after Sunday night's game. For a team that talks a lot about mental toughness--I mean, that talks a LOT about mental toughness--they sure looked mentally weak after the game.
Oh, oh.

Be careful, Chum, be very careful. You don't want to be accused of not being a Mavs fan because you don't have only rosy things to say about the Mavs.

Why don't you go root for the Suns.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:48 AM   #20
D-Ball

D-Ball will become famous soon enough

They are trying to create drama to sell newspapers and get people to watch. They want you to respond to these baseless accusations because it distracts from what actually happened in Miami this past week - Yes, "We wuz robbed" is an old excuse for a team that can't find answers.

But it doesn't mean you can't yell "We wuz robbed" as a striped-shirted assaulter takes your handbag.

Good citizens keep standing around, rolling their eyes and muttering to themselves "how cliche."

Last edited by D-Ball; 06-20-2006 at 10:49 AM.
D-Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:45 AM   #21
wescx

wescx will become famous soon enoughwescx will become famous soon enough

http://www.maverickmoneyball.com/200...to-hate-miami/
Old 06-20-2006, 01:21 PM   #22
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wescx
Wow....just...wow

I thought I already wanted to win these games as much as possible, but I think my desire just rose considerably.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:52 PM   #23
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

I need a V-8. I don't know which way is up right now. I am so sick of this series that I can't get a grip and carry on. I will have to force myself to watch tonight's game. There goes the neighborhood if we lose.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:58 PM   #24
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like Cuban just responded to that Miami article and presumably, the 'rigged' quote on BlogMaverick, but Drudge linked to it, and the site has now crashed. Did anyone here get to read the response before BM went down?
Old 06-20-2006, 02:05 PM   #25
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
It looks like Cuban just responded to that Miami article and presumably, the 'rigged' quote on BlogMaverick, but Drudge linked to it, and the site has now crashed. Did anyone here get to read the response before BM went down?
The NBA is rigged ? Please..
Posted Jun 20, 2006, 12:04 PM ET

Im used to getting emails from fans claiming the NBA is this or that. The NBA wants a team to win based on market size. The NBA doesnt want me to win because the league doesnt like me. So and so has money on the game. The NBA makes more money when the series goes 7 games.

Its all nonsense. Any prudent, rational person can easily see it. The games are not rigged. Thats a complete insult to the players on the court and the incredible amount of effort they put into preparing for and playing the games. All 82 regular season and post season games. The NBA couldnt rig the games if it wanted to. And it doesnt want to. Its that simple

Do i like that i have gotten more than 12,000 emails in the last week and probably 80pct have questioned some level of honesty. No, I hate it. I hate it more than you will ever know because these are my customers, NBA customers, who are questioning our enterprise. Thats never a good thing and each one is a business hole I have to work harder to dig us out of.

Do I wish there was better communication from the league ? Yes. I dont like when my email box fills up with nonsense. Yes. I wish the league would just come out and explain events that occur in a game to the public. I think it would help the perception of our game. I think it would help fans better understand not only the rules of the NBA, but also the nuances, strategies and challenges of the game. I have suggested it. Many others have suggested it.

Getting an explanation pretty much eliminates everyones ability to question what just occured. Some media people have suggested that the same approach that MLB takes would work well. Simply allow reporters to ask officials questions after a game. Why not ?

Count me as a person who thinks transparency is a good thing in business. But this isnt my business. Im simply one of 30 shareholders.

Two other things. Apparently the Miami Herald is reporting i screamed at the NBA comissioner after the game the other night. Didnt happen. Didnt say a word to the man. Not a single word. And that was absolutely by intention.

Apparently this “reporter” has written he has several “sources”. Well they must be the same sources the tabloids use to find two headed babys and aliens, because it didnt happen.

Ive already blogged about and been fined for the source of my displeasure in these playoffs and there was absolutely no reason for me to say another word about it and i wont.

Back to the same “reporter”. He references the play call that led to Wades 2 free throws. Well there is a picture being sent around showing Devin Harris’s arm on DWades shooting arm. Well beyond not knowing if the contact was more than incidental, there is one thing we do know. It occured AFTER the whistle blew. Notice DWade up in the air, more importantly notice his eyes closed and Dirks hand no where near his back, and no real chance to get placed on his back, which is what triggered the whistle. This was at the end of the play. After the whistle blew.

Chalk up some more great reporting to the Miami Herald. The source of phantom comments. The source where I first learned that I owned a boat and had it docked in Miami
(BTW, the story referenced above still isnt corrected. Way to stand for accuracy folks)

To the executives of the Miami Herald.

Dear Mr, Mrs or Ms Publisher.
I am the easiest person in the world to get a hold of. My email is everywhere. If you want to know if i have a boat BEFORE you write that I do. Just ask.

If you want to know if or what I said to someone. Just ask.

Going to a source. Isnt that Journalism 101 ?

You are also the reason Im thankful for this blog. In the old days I would have had to make the rounds of media, doing my best to discredit your efforts. Now I can just write this blog, link and let your work discredit itself. Which is a whole lot more fun.

One Last Last Note:
Im a competitive person. My blog is an outlet for that intensity. I dont blog about the normal things in my life that make up 99pct of my day. I like to blog about things that get me fired up in the Sport of Business. The things i get fired up about. Ive been accussed more than once of having HID (Hyper Intensity Disorder….ok, i just made that up, but if it were truly a disease, I would claim that I had it). Not everyone likes that
Old 06-20-2006, 02:05 PM   #26
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Edit: Nothing to see here. Nothing at all. U2's just quicker, that's all.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 06-20-2006 at 02:06 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 02:06 PM   #27
jesusphreak

jesusphreak is on a distinguished road

Basically he stated that he never said that and to suggest that the league is rigged is disgraceful to the players and everyone involved. He said that the league couldn't rig games if it wanted to, and it doesn't.
jesusphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 04:20 PM   #28
D-Ball

D-Ball will become famous soon enough

Is it possible it's written by someone making money off the NBA?
Old 06-20-2006, 04:32 PM   #29
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Naw, the real test of mental toughness comes in Games 6 (and possibly Game 7 if we can push it to that). As Jason Kidd once said, this is where the professionals will be separated from the taxpayers.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 04:37 PM   #30
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
Oh, oh.

Be careful, Chum, be very careful. You don't want to be accused of not being a Mavs fan because you don't have only rosy things to say about the Mavs.

Why don't you go root for the Suns.
I'm not going to tell anyone to root for another team, although I do wonder why some of the overly negative people are rooting for the Mavs at times. I don't get the negativity, though. Folks, we are going to play game 6 of the NBA Finals at our home. This is the big time, where all the bright lights are shining. Soak it in right now. If Miami wins the series, bitch about it all you want. But until then, I would think it would make for a more pleasurable viewing experience as a fan to cut back at the negativity. But that's just me.

And about Cuban. Cuban is Cuban. I've learned to accept the bad things even though you don't necessarily like them all cause he brings a lot of good to the table. Sure I could have another owner who is tight-lipped and never payed the luxury tax. And what fun would that be? We probably wouldn't be talking about storied like this because we wouldn't be in the NBA Finals.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote