Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-31-2006, 11:48 AM   #41
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Gervin
Well would this earth shattering theory apply to the mavs also?
Glad you asked.

No.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:52 AM   #42
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Geriatric George and his elderly posse can't hang.

Old 07-31-2006, 12:40 PM   #43
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

You know, playing with Pau would be easier-- Pau and Manu would lose every game before the end so Manu wouldnt have to worry about missing passes, taking ill-advised shots or playing STUPID ball at the end of regulation of a game 7.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:12 PM   #44
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Doesn't sound like much of a slight, actually. One line, translated, taken out of any context. Be skeptical.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:52 PM   #45
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
what took you so long kool aid drinker? 4 minutes?

The same old and decaying team you barely scraped by?... your right no worries.. I fully expect the mavs to shoot 69% for the half again.. and Tim Duncan to miss 2 point blank shots on the final possessions of 2 games... happens all of the time..
Kool aid drinker? Gervin, if you are to continue to put those fingers on the keyboard, try a good insult and come back. Tell your girlfriend Parker that cream always rises to the top and the French always surrender in the end.

Back to topic: Oh wait, that is the topic. The Spurs and Manu sucking as always.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:00 PM   #46
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
Kool aid drinker? Gervin, if you are to continue to put those fingers on the keyboard, try a good insult and come back. Tell your girlfriend Parker that cream always rises to the top and the French always surrender in the end.

Back to topic: Oh wait, that is the topic. The Spurs and Manu sucking as always.

as opposed to your original "the spurs are old" take. i'll make a deal with you kool aid drinker you come up with something other than 'their old' then i will waste brain energy on your little self. comprende? Wow attacking the french another very original thought. have that GOP talking point playbook handy don't you kool aid drinker? i'll try and get tony to put those 2 championship rings down when i pass along your message. what did devin harris do with his championship ring? oh wait he choked it up like the rest of the team did..
George Gervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:13 PM   #47
bsmit

bsmit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
i'll try and get tony to put those 2 championship rings down when i pass along your message. what did devin harris do with his championship ring? oh wait he choked it up like the rest of the team did..
Rule number one about talking trash is be funny...you failed (Kool aid?)

Rule number two is if you talk crap about someone, dont be guilty of the same thing you are trashing. You want to talk about original??? If I hear one more of you Spurs fans say something about where is your championship ring I might go to San Antonio and piss on the Alamo myself. What have you done for me lately??? You went home, Dallas went to the Finals. ::Replaying game 7 in my head and smiling::
Everyone makes fun of the flopping (in soccer), it's hideous... It's the one thing that will ever keep soccer from becoming a bona fide force in this country. Americans won't stomach such dishonesty. We see right through it. No way Dwyane Wade pulls that crap; we'd never allow it. OK, bad example.
-Bill Simmons, my new hero
bsmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:31 PM   #48
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmit
Rule number one about talking trash is be funny...you failed (Kool aid?)

Rule number two is if you talk crap about someone, dont be guilty of the same thing you are trashing. You want to talk about original??? If I hear one more of you Spurs fans say something about where is your championship ring I might go to San Antonio and piss on the Alamo myself. What have you done for me lately??? You went home, Dallas went to the Finals. ::Replaying game 7 in my head and smiling::

well have fun with that game 7 win.. what are you going to tell your kids when they ask you if the mavs ever won a title? your response? " well we never won one but hey we beat the spurs in game 7 in 2006..." i have been fortunate to replaying three championship videos and parades... I love the notion that during the season mav fans on this board complained how the pundits talked about the prior year.. that this was a new year... this mav team was different.. last year was last year..now those same mav fans are relying on 'last' year..hilarious..now that's funny!!

Last edited by George Gervin; 07-31-2006 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:34 PM   #49
bsmit

bsmit is on a distinguished road

Hey genius, when no games have been played since "last" year what are you supposed to go by. Guess they dont grow them very smart in San Antonio
Everyone makes fun of the flopping (in soccer), it's hideous... It's the one thing that will ever keep soccer from becoming a bona fide force in this country. Americans won't stomach such dishonesty. We see right through it. No way Dwyane Wade pulls that crap; we'd never allow it. OK, bad example.
-Bill Simmons, my new hero
bsmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:36 PM   #50
George Gervin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmit
Hey genius, when no games have been played since "last" year what are you supposed to go by. Guess they dont grow them very smart in San Antonio

this begs the question if the mavs goal is to win the championship shouldn't this season be a failure? I know most spurs fans feel that a season without a championship is a failure no matter who we beat along the way. If you hadn't known the mavs lost in the finals you would think by reading this board the mavs accomplished something. Is beating the Spurs enough?
Old 07-31-2006, 02:39 PM   #51
nah-vit-ski

nah-vit-ski has a spectacular aura aboutnah-vit-ski has a spectacular aura about

Never count out the Spurs.....that's all I have to say.

- Conrad Burns
nah-vit-ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:42 PM   #52
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
this begs the question if the mavs goal is to win the championship shouldn't this season be a failure? I know most spurs fans feel that a season without a championship is a failure no matter who we beat along the way. If you hadn't known the mavs lost in the finals you would think by reading this board the mavs accomplished something. Is beating the Spurs enough?
Its enough to talk crap to Spurs fans, and its a nice little stepping stone to a championship.

and it should have been enough to scare off all you pesky Spurs fans, but i guess you are just too arrogant and primed for trolling that not only ending your championship run, but eliminating you in the second round isnt enough.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-31-2006 at 02:44 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:48 PM   #53
George Gervin

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
Its enough to talk crap to Spurs fans, and its a nice little stepping stone to a championship.

and it should have been enough to scare off all you pesky Spurs fans, but i guess you are just too arrogant and primed for trolling that not only ending your championship run, but eliminating you in the second round isnt enough.

well we expect to win at least one more championship before we find ourselves back to lotteryville... so no end to the spurs run just yet erica missamerica.. i would like at least one more to put us all alone right behind the bulls, celtics, and lakers..not a bad group to be a part of.. unilke most of you i don't count the mavs (as opponenent) out but i find it humerous that somehow the spurs are going to go away..
Old 07-31-2006, 02:56 PM   #54
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I find it humorous how much you change the subject and hop around on one foot here.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:58 PM   #55
George Gervin

Quote:
I find it humorous how much you change the subject and hop around on one foot here.

well i assumed you could follow along but i will keep my posts topic specific so you can keep up..
Old 07-31-2006, 03:08 PM   #56
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Why is this prick Gervin still here?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:12 PM   #57
George Gervin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
Why is this prick Gervin still here?

hey it's the guy who hurls personal insults.. how's it going? attacked any libs today?
Old 07-31-2006, 03:14 PM   #58
Drbio
Banned

No...just jackasses such as yourself. Go away troll.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:15 PM   #59
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
hey it's the guy who hurls personal insults..
Pretty ironic since that is all you do here.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:16 PM   #60
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Old 07-31-2006, 03:31 PM   #61
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Quote:
Nice shirt.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:50 PM   #62
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe no one has said it yet.

WHO CARES WHAT MANU THINKS.

There, I feel much better now.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 04:10 PM   #63
Drbio
Banned

cap is just killing me today.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:11 PM   #64
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
what are you going to tell your kids when they ask you if the mavs ever won a title? your response? " well we never won one but hey we beat the spurs in game 7 in 2006..."
Youre really relying on a pro sports team to have stories to tell your kids? I could see if you were i dont know on the team but i doubt seriously that many people plan long conversations with their kids about the glory days of rooting for a team that won instead of actually being on one. THAT is funny.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 07-31-2006 at 09:12 PM.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:43 PM   #65
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Youre really relying on a pro sports team to have stories to tell your kids? I could see if you were i dont know on the team but i doubt seriously that many people plan long conversations with their kids about the glory days of rooting for a team that won instead of actually being on one. THAT is funny.

Come on, what is San Antonio known for anyways? the Spurs are pretty much all they got.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:53 PM   #66
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
I can't believe no one has said it yet.

WHO CARES WHAT MANU THINKS
That's absolutely true! Who cares if the guy CAN think. We all hate him, right?
And bottom line is we beat their asses, both Manu and Pau, last year. Hey, you guys think that Memphis would FINALLY get a win in the playoffs? Worst playoff record: 0-12.
I was hoping, perhaps it would be 0-16. or 0-20. Ok, Ok 1-20.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky

Last edited by mqywaaah; 07-31-2006 at 10:53 PM.
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:25 AM   #67
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Manus not only overated hes as Tim Duncan would say "basically retarded", hes obviously bitter for making himself look like a jackass by commiting the dumbest foul in game 7 history. That and he picks his nose on national television, oh well made Dirk look like Bird.

As for the Spurs being old and hopeless... thats obvious, open your eyes. Duncans played the excuse game all season long (had his worst year stats wise), Manu had ONE good year and needs to keep honing his acting skills to be considered a threat, and Harris does/can/will own Parker every time the Spurs play us because Harris IS Parker... with defense. Other than that core their entire team is old, crappy, and useless and we own their core with our better, younger, deeper, more athletic core.

No we didnt win a championship this year, but beating the Spurs in a great series and making them look damn foolish in the process is a satisfying consolation prize if you ask me. I wonder what Spurs fans reactions were about Manus foul anyway?
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:05 AM   #68
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, is there anyone here who doesn't believe Manu is a fag?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 04:12 AM   #69
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Hating the Spurs drives me to be a better Mavs fan. Making fun of Gervin the Spurs troll on the Mavs board just makes me laugh. It goes right to the backbone of our rivalry. I've had to endure this "Mavs suck" crap for years from my father's business pal who lives in SA. Last year, before the season, he made it sound like the Mavs wouldn't MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. Worst fans. Worst city.

Back on topic: I hope Manu requests a trade to Memphis to play with Pau. That way, he can foul Dirk in the first round and lose that way.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 08-01-2006 at 04:13 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dirk