Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-01-2006, 11:00 AM   #41
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
On the subject of Dr. Pepper.

Take a ride to Dublin, TX. Just south of Stephenville, TX and go to the Dublin, Dr. Pepper plant and get a real Dr. Pepper.

One of the original formula that uses Pure Cane Sugar in it.

Either that or go to most Chicken Expresses where they sell Dubin Dr. Pepper.

As for me, I really dislike Dr. Pepper and most soda's. I drink tea, coffee, milk, water, and V8. Sometimes I drink juices, but not often.

I'm a big fan of the Dublin DP. I think they've started selling it in some grocery stores an some fast food places. LOVE IT!
Old 09-01-2006, 11:06 AM   #42
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Dublin DP is too sweet for my liking. But Chicken Express sweet (not sweat) tea is the shizzle my nizzle quite quatrizzle bizzle wee wee wah wizzle.

Last edited by Nemesis; 09-01-2006 at 11:06 AM.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:19 AM   #43
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Or you could do what Pig would do and allow your Guard Duck to exact revenge..... although that might get more nasty than you intend.... so you would have to lock Guard Duck up in the hamper again...

*sigh*

Funny that you should mention that idea, Guard Duck has been locked in the hamper a lot this week!

Mary: LOL @ BLue Nehi! How long did that last?
Old 09-01-2006, 11:27 AM   #44
Some Guy

Some Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
On the subject of Dr Pepper...we should broach the topic of sodas at fast food places. I've never had a better Dr Pepper than the ones at Chick-Fil-A. Damn fine.
I completely agree. Best Dr Pepper around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Why is it that Taco Bell has such god-awful fountain drinks? It's almost enough to keep me from going there, their fountain drinks suck so bad.
I agree again. I drink water at Taco Bell, Wendy's, and McDonalds because they all have terrible Dr Pepper.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:33 AM   #45
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I completely agree with Mary about the Blue Nehi (sp)... I loved that drink BIG TIME back in the day.

Now, just give me beer or water really. I sometimes drink a Diet Coke, but mostly water. This is leaving out the great mixed drinks in my life, but I am just talking about simple drinks right now. Not a big soda man!
Old 09-01-2006, 02:33 PM   #46
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

editediteditediteditediteditedit

Last edited by Flacolaco; 05-25-2007 at 12:08 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 03:02 PM   #47
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
What I wouldn't give for a Blue Nehi.
Have I ever mentioned that I have a case of blue Nehi and a casting couch?

Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 03:05 PM   #48
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

now what self respecting girl could turn down an opporunity like that?.....

Last edited by Flacolaco; 09-01-2006 at 03:05 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 06:57 PM   #49
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

What is your favorite way to drink Dr Pepper?

12 oz can?

20 oz bottle? My favorite if it is really cold.

On ice?
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 08:13 PM   #50
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

From a can so cold there is moisture collecting on the outside to a glass pint glass with no ice

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 09-01-2006 at 08:15 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 08:18 PM   #51
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

From a fountain, in a styrofoam cup.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 08:21 PM   #52
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

I have to agree with Chum, but I would add ice to the mix.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 08:45 PM   #53
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I like them from the soda fountain at the Dr Pepper museum here in Waco. They take an ice cold pint glass and add ice and pour in the DP syrup and carbonated water.

It is heavenly.

Last edited by Drbio; 09-01-2006 at 08:45 PM.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 09:29 PM   #54
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Doing DP research today (in which I found that capcity was correct in that the "." no longer exists in the name... although it used to.) I found several (some real old, some pretty recent) advertisments suggesting to serve it hot (on a cold winter day). So you get it hot enough until it is steamy then pour it into a cup (like a coffee cup) with a thin slice of Lemon.

I'm going to try it, but not until it cools off a bit more.

But I like my Dr Pepper ice cold, but with no ice.... I don't want that perfect drink watered down at all.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:00 PM   #55
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard that about hot Dr Pepper. I also have a friend who insists on drinking it at room temperature, for the better flavor he claims it imparts.

The dropping of the period is a holdover from British usage. If the last letter of the abbreviation is the last letter of the same word, no period is used. Thus, Mr. Smith becomes Mr Smith and Dr. Pepper becomes Dr Pepper. But Mrs. Smith is still Mrs. Smith.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 10:13 PM   #56
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, the way it was explained on a Dr Pepper History site I found was that it was done for two reasons. The first being that the logo at the time was italics and the font used made the r part look like an "i".... so it looked like "Di Pepper"... as well as complaints from the medical community that it was implying that it had perhaps medicinal value. So in 1950 the period was permanently dropped.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 09-01-2006 at 10:14 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 10:14 PM   #57
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Mr Pibb > Dr Pepper
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 10:14 PM   #58
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Mr Pibb > Dr Pepper
Then I guess this isn't your thread.....

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 09-02-2006 at 11:58 AM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 03:18 PM   #59
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I basically agreed with someone in a conversation about soft drinks.

How exactly did this warrant negative rep from you Smiles?
I'm not sure how I gave you rep at all, Flacolaco. Did I leave any comments? Maybe I meant to reply to someone else? I'm sorry if it seemed like I was being mean. I'm not always nice to everyone, but I'm pretty easy going about the Diet Coke v Dr Pepper debate. I'm sorry about how this affects your numbers.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:23 PM   #60
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiles
I'm not sure how I gave you rep at all, Flacolaco. Did I leave any comments? Maybe I meant to reply to someone else? I'm sorry if it seemed like I was being mean. I'm not always nice to everyone, but I'm pretty easy going about the Diet Coke v Dr Pepper debate. I'm sorry about how this affects your numbers.

lol oh ok. Yeah somehow I got negative rep from you, I'm glad it was a misunderstanding. I was racking my brain trying to understand what exactly you had against mountain dew or barbados or what.....

no worries then

by the way, your signature rocks.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:34 PM   #61
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Drink 2 a day.............and I've done this for YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!

early in my youth they could have named me "10-2-4"
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 04:39 PM   #62
Smiles
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
lol oh ok. Yeah somehow I got negative rep from you, I'm glad it was a misunderstanding. I was racking my brain trying to understand what exactly you had against mountain dew or barbados or what.....

no worries then

by the way, your signature rocks.
Lol, I'm a fan of Barbados - at least I hear it's quite nice. As for Mt. Dew - I love the commercials. They have the BEST soda commercials.

Thank you, I like your signature too. I don't expect any love from the players, but Zubie was polite to me once when he could've easily pretended he didn't see me (I was pretending I didn't see him while I juggled an open laptop and a heavy door). Funny how a small act of decency can make you appreciate someone.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:20 PM   #63
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

when my husband was in high school he got crazy one night. his friends dared him to drink an entire 12 pack of dr.pepper. he did. and they were hot. and he threw up. *crazy, but true*

and I agree with those that are fond of diet dr.pepper - it is my favorite soft drink. have one almost every morning - it's my coffee. I don't like regular for me. just too sweet. and dublin dp? I shiver just thinking of all that sugar.

best fast food drink - chicken express unsweet tea with extra ice and a couple o' sweet-n-lows. no calories, and so tasty!

I'm suddenly thirsty...

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.

Last edited by raefformvp; 09-06-2006 at 10:21 PM.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 10:20 PM   #64
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

oops - my first ever double post.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.

Last edited by raefformvp; 09-06-2006 at 10:21 PM.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:33 PM   #65
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

The real question is: what's he a doctor of?

I still don't see how he makes the world taste better.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:38 AM   #66
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

but he does....and that is why U2 is in this tragic U2-DrPepper-Family love triangle

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 01:19 PM   #67
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Dr Pepper is far and away m;y favorite soda.
I'd have to go with:
A great fountain DP is the best
12 ounce can next
20 ounce bottle
2 liter

And for those of you who like Dr Pepper...you're welcome
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 05:17 PM   #68
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

DP is awesome. My fav is probably a nice cold 12 ounce can of it.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote