Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 09-24-2006, 03:32 PM   #41
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

A- will make all the hatas become lovers.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2006, 07:11 PM   #42
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Do we really plan on talking so much about Croshere this season that we have to come up with a nickname?
Clearly you were not around during the amazing KVH discussion threads....

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 08:14 PM   #43
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah baby, anyone who gets 10 minutes a game will immediately be blamed for every loss!.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:07 AM   #44
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Clearly you were not around during the amazing KVH discussion threads....

What did you guys come up with for KVH? (or was it simply "KVH"?)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:08 AM   #45
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Oh yeah baby, anyone who gets 10 minutes a game will immediately be blamed for every loss!.

Isn't that the point of role players - to take the fall?

Old 09-25-2006, 07:25 PM   #46
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
What did you guys come up with for KVH? (or was it simply "KVH"?)
Killer!
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 07:37 PM   #47
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by untitled
Killer!
Among other things....

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 07:50 PM   #48
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I think I might take credit for killer. For some reason he always reminded me of Jerry Lee Lewis. What can I say.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 09-25-2006, 09:26 PM   #49
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

killer was good. I liked KVB too.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:48 PM   #50
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
I liked KVB too.
Haha, that's the one that was used most often

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:34 PM   #51
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I liked KVB but Kitten turned out to be most suitable.

Cro's a nice simplified nick for a role player. I expect good but modest things from Cro. Go Mavs!

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:06 AM   #52
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof
I liked KVB but Kitten turned out to be most suitable.

Cro's a nice simplified nick for a role player. I expect good but modest things from Cro. Go Mavs!

Good & modest works for someone who's going to be sitting somewhere between 7 & 10 on the bench...

Old 10-01-2006, 03:40 AM   #53
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof
He had a prime?

Expectations for Cro should be about:
- Won't fack it up
- Won't win games
If any of yall watched basketball in late 90s and early 00s...croshere was a key player on the Pacers team that went to playoffs, conference finals, finals in those years. I remember watching the guy...he hustled, hit big shots, and was just a team player.

I believe he is a huge upgrade from KVH.

If he can give dirk 10-15 minutes a night of rest, he has done his job...

oh his stats from
99-00: 23.3 minutes, 10.3 ppg, 6.4 rebounds
00-01: 23.1 minutes, 10.2ppg , 4.8 reb

if you avg that over 35 mins ... that is a respectable #... close to a double double

and hes i do agree with "lower highs, higher lows, less sock"
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 07:46 PM   #54
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

and then he signed a big contract that summer and hasn't been the same since

but, I agree with you.. croshere > van horn (bc van horn just isn't playing like he is capable of)

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:09 AM   #55
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
A- will make all the hatas become lovers.
this is also doc's failed philosophy with the ladies...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:21 PM   #56
George

George is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
and then he signed a big contract that summer and hasn't been the same since

but, I agree with you.. croshere > van horn (bc van horn just isn't playing like he is capable of)

He signed a big contract AND got a new coach AND was told to play a different position, AND was told to play a totally different way AND was benched every time he did well.

Just to add a little perspective to the comments.
George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:53 PM   #57
dude1394
Guru

I think croshere will go along with the "more physical" mavs that avery has talked about. I don't think he's that much more offensive than keith but he sure seems tougher and more willing to get into a scrap.

Adrian was tough although I have to give the edge there to buckner as well, it's been a while since I watched buck but I seem to recall him being more of a Raja Bell pest type.

I don't know enough about Devean George and Anthony but I think I heard that Anthony was sorta spicy as well.