Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 12-03-2006, 11:53 PM   #1
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of
Default Do superstitions effect the way you enjoy sports?

I swear by them

Take today's Cowboy game.

I missed most of the game (have been ill; slept most of the day).

I awoke to the radio in the background. As long as I listened to the game, the Cowboys were in control.

When I woke up enough to realize the game was almost over--I turned on the TV.

I swear--as soon as I began to watch the game on TV, the damn Giants went on their last drive and tied up the game.

I turned the TV off so I could simply listen to the radio again.

When I did--Romo threw that nifty long pass that set up the winning field goal.

I so wanted to watch the field goal--but I dared not turn on the TV again--I knew that would jinx the kicker.

I kept the TV off and listened to the radio.

The rest is history.

I know--this is silly.

But sometimes when I watch the Spurs on TV and they begin losing, I turn off the TV and listen to the radio. Sure enough--most of the time, they do alot better when I'm not watching.

I know this is a crock--so don't jump all over me.

But then again--

Most players have their own superstitions...

So here among us have their own when watching the Mavs or the Cowboys?
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2006, 12:06 AM   #2
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Bottom line, do NOT watch the Cowboy games anymore!
Old 12-04-2006, 12:07 AM   #3
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

...oh, and watch plenty of Spur games!
Old 12-04-2006, 12:32 AM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I sexually pleasure myself before every game for the Rangers, Cowboys, and Mavs.

Last edited by Murphy3; 12-04-2006 at 10:07 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 01:24 AM   #5
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
I sexually pleasure myself before every divisional game for the Rangers, Cowboys, and Mavs.
this sounds like a dynamite idea

please add the Stars to your rotation.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:25 AM   #6
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

on a side note (actually thread related, that is)

on every game day last year in the playoffs, I made sure to wear a shirt to work with some blue in it. If a shirt lost, I threw it out of the rotation.

silly? yes, of course. But let's face it, lots of us won't change our signatures on d-m.com until the winning streak is over....
Old 12-04-2006, 01:48 AM   #7
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

The exact opposite happened to me a couple of weeks ago. First, I wandered over to our small school Division III football game against our big rival, but I didn't stay the entire time. In fact, I came and left several times, and the timing was perfect. I saw all our 31 points being scored, but none of our opponent's 14.

The next day, I turned on the Cowboys/Colts game, and the score was 7-0 Indy. I saw two Dallas touchdowns, left to take a shower, came back at 14-14, and saw the winning touchdown.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:35 AM   #8
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

During the first four games of the Mavs season I participated in our GDT. This was a new ritual for me and we lost all four games. So, largely because of the "Good Mojo" thread I decided to change my ways, just watch the game and not participate in GDT (like I did all of last year). Now we have won 12 in a row. So, although I enjoy this forum I think I will stay away on game day until the fat lady sings. This is my new superstition....... I do enjoy logging on after the game and reading the GDT though. Very entertaining.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:37 AM   #9
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

Yeah--but now I am a big bettor on the Mavs continuing their win streak through at least the next four games.

I have $1000 that says the Mavs will take the streak to at least 16 straight wins. So I won't be watching any Mav games for a while, either.
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:08 PM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I sexually pleasure myself before every game for the Rangers, Cowboys, and Mavs.
It's my fault the Mavs lost.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:26 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Me and the Mavs got back on track last night...
Old 12-07-2006, 02:16 AM   #12
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shot Rob
Yeah--but now I am a big bettor on the Mavs continuing their win streak through at least the next four games.

I have $1000 that says the Mavs will take the streak to at least 16 straight wins. So I won't be watching any Mav games for a while, either.

So uh, hows that workin out for ya Rob?
DavidDaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote