Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-05-2007, 07:22 PM   #41
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i'd probably have sex with her too
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2007, 07:22 PM   #42
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
So did the person he was having sex with think she was being raped? (assuming it's a woman) Or did she (or he, not the neighbor) take advantage of the ambien takers state on the drug.

Either way, that is awful. And hard to imagine.
Believe it or not she took advantage of him while HE was under the ambien influence. Although he remembers the night he said there was little he could do to change his fate. He was in the process of trying to get back together with his estranged wife when it happened. Fortunately she is a nurse and understood. She is a very supportive and understanding person.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:47 PM   #43
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

There was a story a few months ago in the NYT about people on Ambien who were raiding the refrigerator at night without knowing. They were experiencing significant weight gain, without understanding why, until their family members caught them standing in front of the refrigerators in the middle of the night eating anything they could get their hands on. One woman was even frying bacon in the middle of the night, without realizing what she was doing. Dangerous.

That's why Ambien is a prescription medication, but some doctors prescribe it pretty freely.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:09 PM   #44
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Want to hear my Dad's experience on Ambien? Well, some of you have heard.

Okay, I'm not sure what order things happened, but my dad woke up in the middle of the night and went into the kitchen. Somehow his Vietnam experiences came into play too. He was making sandwhiches(literally) "for the other men" (marines) with the idea that the other guys would help him clean up. When they didn't help him clean up, he remembers that they got into an argument and then a scuffle, and one of the other marines sliced his hand with a knife.

What really happened with the knife: He was using it (yes, a sharp one) to cut fudge out of a plastic container (the fudge was hard from being in the refrigerator), and that's how he cut himself. Somehow he must've gone back to making the sandwhiches too. Blood was EVERYWHERE around the kitchen, and he tried to be his own medic. He remembers being surprised that he had so must resistance from the other men and also that he had trouble stopping the bleeding (after all his experience on the battle field).

Luckily, he didn't use the knife on my mom. When she woke up, she went out to the kitchen, and quickly figured out it had to be a drug interaction or something (he was being treated for cancer and heart problems too). She called a sheriff. The sheriff almost made things worse (considering my dad still thought he was a marine in the Vietnam war) by being beligerant and asking my dad obnoxious questions. He didn't kill the sherif, But he also wouldn't get in his car to go to the Emergency Room.

I don't remember how the night ended. I'm not even sure I remember all the events exactly as they were told to me. I don't really ask him about it - just in case it still bothers him.

Last edited by Smiles; 01-09-2007 at 07:12 PM.
Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:46 PM   #45
Julius

Julius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to all

I sleep best when I go to bed at the same time as my girl. The best thing is that she really likes to read a book loud for me (sometimes we change roles which is also o.k. for me).
If I´m alone its a different story, esspecially when there is a Mavs game in the night (at Utah this time).
Well right now I´m alone and I should be asleep since atleast one hour and the only thing that is important to me is a Mavs win and of course my vcash.
Good night
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:45 PM   #46
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

Thanks for all of the posts to my question.

I tried Ambien last year--did not have a good experience with it.

You guys (and gals) really are the best!
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:59 PM   #47
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

hmmmm.

timing is wierd on this thread. I've had all sorts of different sleep problems over the years. On a couple of occasions I've been unable to sleep at all (not a single second) for several nights in a row, until eventually you get into borderline hallucination territory when you haven't slept in 72-ish hours (3 nights). Both of those incidents were the result of a LOT of external stress, as have been basically all of my true insomnia incidences. On the other hand, I can screw up my sleeping for a couple of days by just being stupid... staying up late messing around with something, or what-not, or taking naps during the day. But that isn't really insomina, per se, just screwed up sleep habits.

On the OTHER hand, I just had surgery on Tuesday of this week to remove my tonsils. My ent (ear-nose-throat) had me take a sleep study, to test for sleep apnea... since the operations overlap, and they can be done at the same time with one single recovery time period. It turns out I have mild sleep apnea (hoefully that is HAD mild sleep apnea), and my breathing was stopping 11 times an hour (the cut-off for being clinically defined as sleep apnea is 10 incidences an hour, so I just barely slipped in).

ANyway, my Tonsilectomy was switched to a tonsilecomy with UPPP surgery as well, which means thaey cut off my frickin uvula and a bunch of my soft palet. Talk about farkin insomnia... it sucks flaming cow anus, (but it doesn't seem to suck quite as bad as had been previously described to me, thank god) All this on FULL pain-killer, of course-- both Perkoset AND Morphine ).

my main post surgery complaints are:

1) I haven't gotten any consistant sleep yet. A large part of this was due to the fact that I spent the night in the hospital, with their inate ability to sense when you have finally slipped into a true deep and satisfying sleep, before deciding that they want to take your temp/move your pulseox monitor from your pointer finger to your pinkie/ask if you have a ride home secured/or whateverthehellelsetheycanpossiblycomeupwith. But also, during sleep is the one time that my symptoms really regress: i wake up after 1 or 1.5 hours because my throat starts to feel significantly worse. I'm hoping THIS pattern will recede fairly rapidly... but I don't see it happening real soon

2) THe fact that they cut off my uvula (holy !@#! that is repulsive to me for some reason, i mean a REAAAL gut-twister) and my tonsils has led to the fact that I think when my swelling increases even just a little, the sutures from my "angry inch" of an uvula seem to rub into the sutures from my missing tonsils... and since the tonsil area is the "gag-reflex" area, i occasionally feel like I'm trying to induce vomitting. Not good. Even when the gag reflex is not engaged, the sutures constantly feel like I have piece of dry cracker in my throat, and it is VERY hard to refrain from "clearing my throat".

this sucks...
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:14 AM   #48
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Speaking of my now rare insomnia. I woke up after 4am this morning, and couldn't stop replaying the minor accident I was in this week. I'm totally fine, but I guess there is a little stress leftover.

mcslug: Hope your surgery heals quickly. I'm sure it'll all be worth it in the end. My sister was in a car wreck at a stop light a couple weeks ago, and she's on Morphine and Valium. Doesn't sound like she's enjoying the mix though.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:48 PM   #49
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

thanks for the cheers, smiles

this whole thing is quite suckenzie. All the way.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 02:14 PM   #50
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

You know what's a fun game? Take three tylenol pm and see if you can jerk off before you fall asleep. You always win.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote