Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 01-22-2007, 04:14 PM   #1
belgianfan

belgianfan is infamous around these parts
Default tripple-trade

What would you guys think of the next trade?

Boston Celtics
Trade
Wally Szczerbiak, Theo Ratliff, Al Jefferson, Delonte West, Michael Olowokandi, Ryan Gomes and 2007 1st RD Pick
Receive
Devean George, DJ Mbenga, Pau Gasol and Mike Miller

Dallas Mavericks
Trade
Austin Croshere, Devean George and DJ Mbenga
Receive
Wally Szczerbiak, Michael Olowokandi and Ryan Gomes

Memphis Grizzlies
Trade
Pau Gasol and Mike Miller
Receive
-Theo Ratliff, Al Jefferson, Delonte West, Austin Croshere and Boston's 2007 1st RD Pick

We get a good shooter and a promising young PF and a good thirth-string center.
belgianfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2007, 06:18 PM   #2
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

No, Georges defense on Kobe, DWhistle, PP, Marion, Ginobli, etc. is worth more than you get back in the trade. Not to mention that Benga has an upside which Candyman doesn't.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:00 PM   #3
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

i think id rather stab myself in the eye.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:40 PM   #4
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

oh no question i would do this from a talent perspective but i dont really see the fit...
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:23 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:44 AM   #6
belgianfan

Not to mention that Benga has an upside which Candyman doesn't.

Candyman is better at this point with his experience, and Gomes brings more upside than Mbenga in my point of view.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:23 AM   #7
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgianfan
Not to mention that Benga has an upside which Candyman doesn't.

Candyman is better at this point with his experience, and Gomes brings more upside than Mbenga in my point of view.
Candyman has been overhyped and overpaid for years. He has no heart, and can help no team. He is only still playing because of his height.

So a 6'7" swingman has more upside than possibly the most athletic (but raw) 7' in the league?

IMO, MBenga has a long way to go, but his upside is far higher than Gomes -- even if he never reaches it. In fact, I think Avery should be getting MBenga more burn than he does.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 01-23-2007, 11:50 AM   #8
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

gomes can play in the nba right now and be successful. Right now he is a much better player than devean george. Does mbenga possibly have a higher upside? I guess but the chances he reaches it are so small you cant not trade him based on those possibilites. I still wouldnt do this trade because i dont think its a good fit though.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:26 PM   #9
belgianfan

The most athletic seven footer in the league right now is Seattle's Saer Sene, just for the record.

What I'm saying is that adding Wally and gomes brings us closer to a championship than sticking with Devean and DJ, because we get a viable benchplayer for the 4-spot (for many years to come) and one of the best shooters in the league in his prime, at a pretty cheap prise.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:42 PM   #10
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgianfan
The most athletic seven footer in the league right now is Seattle's Saer Sene, just for the record.

What I'm saying is that adding Wally and gomes brings us closer to a championship than sticking with Devean and DJ, because we get a viable benchplayer for the 4-spot (for many years to come) and one of the best shooters in the league in his prime, at a pretty cheap prise.
I'll not argue the Sene vs Mbenga because I don't think either of us could prove w/o a shadow of a doubt which is more athletic. Let's just say that both are very. MBenga is much more athletic than Candy though - and plays with 10,000 times more energy.

You think Wally at 6'7" or Gomes at 6'7" is going to get burn at the 4?

I might make this trade in the summer, but no way during the season. It takes too much time to learn the offense, and to me it would be a slight downgrade on the defensive end.

Old 01-23-2007, 04:10 PM   #11
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough

Hey, is there any way we can trade and get P-Pod back?
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:17 PM   #12
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
Hey, is there any way we can trade and get P-Pod back?
we could you know just sign him...
Old 01-23-2007, 06:17 PM   #13
belgianfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
I'll not argue the Sene vs Mbenga because I don't think either of us could prove w/o a shadow of a doubt which is more athletic. Let's just say that both are very. MBenga is much more athletic than Candy though - and plays with 10,000 times more energy.

You think Wally at 6'7" or Gomes at 6'7" is going to get burn at the 4?

I might make this trade in the summer, but no way during the season. It takes too much time to learn the offense, and to me it would be a slight downgrade on the defensive end.
Wally is a 3, and gomes is a 4(yes he's only 6'7" but he makes the most of it), thats an answer to your question. don't forget George's minutes would be available at the 3 spot, while we finally would have a decent, hardworking backup PF that brings some quality minutes of the bench.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:51 PM   #14
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

This thread makes me want to grow some fangs.

Welcome to the board Belgianfan! Ignore the locals, theyre just being themselves. have fun and Enjoy!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 05:51 PM   #15
vashjan

vashjan will become famous soon enoughvashjan will become famous soon enough

stupid suggestion
Old 01-26-2007, 08:34 AM   #16
Amir

Amir is on a distinguished road

A very difficult to accomplish trade.
Too many players involved.