Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 02-27-2007, 11:36 AM   #1
banpeikun

banpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to all
Default Reggie on the Radar?

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.196d386.html

Reggie on the radar? No way of knowing how serious it is yet, but Reggie Miller could be a candidate for the Mavericks' vacant roster spot.

Owner Mark Cuban brought up Miller's name before Monday's game against the Hawks. The former Indiana Pacers star is the No. 1 3-point shooter in NBA history. He retired after the 2004-05 season, but remains in excellent physical shape.

And joining the Mavericks would give him the chance to do about the only thing he never did in his illustrious career – win a championship.

Avery Johnson said he and president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson have been discussing options for the open spot, but are not close to any decisions.

Miller currently is a member of TNT's broadcast team.
banpeikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2007, 11:37 AM   #2
banpeikun

banpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to all

http://mavs.beloblog.com/archives/20...ie_reggie.html

Reggie! Reggie! Reggie!

Eddie Sefko reports that Mark Cuban mentioned TNT's Reggie Miller as a candidate for the vacant spot on the Mavs' roster.

If Miller wants to give it a go, sounds good to me. And I'm serious about this, unlike my Rolando Blackman suggestion.

Unlike Scottie Pippen, Miller would join the Mavericks with the purest of motivations. The only major thing he never accomplished in the NBA is winning a championship.

Miller wouldn't get major minutes here. He'd probably be the 12th man on the playoff roster. Having one of the best clutch shooters ever at the end of the bench is a luxury that could come in handy.
banpeikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:44 AM   #3
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by banpeikun
http://mavs.beloblog.com/archives/20...ie_reggie.html

Reggie! Reggie! Reggie!

Eddie Sefko reports that Mark Cuban mentioned TNT's Reggie Miller as a candidate for the vacant spot on the Mavs' roster.

If Miller wants to give it a go, sounds good to me. And I'm serious about this, unlike my Rolando Blackman suggestion.

Unlike Scottie Pippen, Miller would join the Mavericks with the purest of motivations. The only major thing he never accomplished in the NBA is winning a championship.

Miller wouldn't get major minutes here. He'd probably be the 12th man on the playoff roster. Having one of the best clutch shooters ever at the end of the bench is a luxury that could come in handy.
i'm dead serious too -- if Reggie can go 10 minutes per game, do it.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:01 PM   #4
Triple T's

Triple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of lightTriple T's is a glorious beacon of light

i guess this is the new thing for retired players to do now..

"I am a enforcer man! Don’t nothin go down in my house! It's 100 percent heart baby! Sure I jack a few fools. I give em tha pain! But sometimes its about intimidation you know, its mind games…."
-Terry Tate
Triple T's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:07 PM   #5
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

But... what are the odds of this happening?

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:17 PM   #6
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah
1 in a million?!?!

(so you're saying I've got a chance?)
Old 02-27-2007, 12:21 PM   #7
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Dang!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:52 PM   #8
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah
Odds are better that he would do this than say, you or I making the roster...But truth be told, until Reggie says no, the odds are up there. Never doubt the pursuasion power of Tony Cubes!
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:06 PM   #9
backyard_legend

backyard_legend is on a distinguished road

This is terrible - Reggie is my favorite TNT guy. I guess it would be good for him to take the 12 spot (a la Steve Kerr for the spurs a few years ago)

- maybe then it would be okay for Reggie to have the same Mavs bias that Steve Kerr shows the spurs
backyard_legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:27 PM   #10
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

This would be a great option for the last roster spot. If he can still shoot and he's in good shape, why not?

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:34 PM   #11
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

as long as it doesn't cause a sideshow distraction like Rodman did...we need to stay focused and not worry about Reggie getting a ring.. I am all for it if the above doesn't happen..yeah right.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:48 PM   #12
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
as long as it doesn't cause a sideshow distraction like Rodman did...we need to stay focused and not worry about Reggie getting a ring.. I am all for it if the above doesn't happen..yeah right.

Seriously? Reggie Miller is one of the classiest & most humble players in the game - not to mention that EVERYONE else on the team is trying to win their first championship as well (with the exceptions of George & Avery...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:25 AM   #13
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I say don't do it. Why mess with anything this team is doing right now? I had a problem with the AJ trade for the same reason. No I don't mind AJ being traded its just the fact we're messing with a 48-9 team. Its foolish. I'm sure Reggie is a terrific player. But do we have a need for him? And if so, why are we waiting until March to sign him? How significant can he really be?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:20 AM   #14
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Yes. Sign him ASAP.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:22 PM   #15
WurzburgBorn

WurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
I say don't do it. Why mess with anything this team is doing right now? I had a problem with the AJ trade for the same reason. No I don't mind AJ being traded its just the fact we're messing with a 48-9 team. Its foolish. I'm sure Reggie is a terrific player. But do we have a need for him? And if so, why are we waiting until March to sign him? How significant can he really be?
I just can't see how it could mess with the team. We weren't playing A. Johnson at all. We don't have to pay Miller if he doesn't give us anything. How can this hurt us?
WurzburgBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:51 PM   #16
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

At the end of close games, it would make perfect sense to put Reggie in above Devin Harris. Somebody that get's a quick shot, off the ball would be a perfect addition to the team. We're not asking him to play 30+ minutes, just few, but enough minutes to make our team better.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:23 PM   #17
MascisMan

MascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to behold

Maybe Avery should reactivate himself for third string PG (total Roger Dorn move)????

Just kidding, but I am intrigued by the Reggie Miller possibility. He is a great positive bench/locker room guy and also very unselfish.

Imagine on the floor; Jason Terry, Devin Harris, Josh Howard, Reggie Miller, Dirk Nowitzki. This is your 'go small' run and shoot offense (assuming Miller is still in running shape).

Or your standard lineup: Jason Terry, Josh Howard, Reggie Miller, Dirk Nowitzki, Eric Dampier. When you a couple guys get tired you have Devin Harris, Stackhouse,and Diop coming in.

Last edited by MascisMan; 03-01-2007 at 11:25 PM.
MascisMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:32 AM   #18
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see this happening.. but it would be nice. We can already beat you 10 different ways. Doing it an 11th way doesn't help us tremendously but it doesn't hurt either.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:20 PM   #19
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I am a big fan of leaving the team alone that wins over 90% of their games over a 55 game stretch.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 03-05-2007 at 10:21 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote