Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-23-2007, 09:08 AM   #1
Henry_VIII

Henry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to all
Default Random Stats

New member post....

I was looking at the standings on nba.com and came across this stat page

Two numbers stood out to me.
Phoenix is undefeated when they outrebound their opponents (24-0)
Dallas in undefeated when they shoot a higher FG% than their opponents (43-0)
Henry_VIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2007, 09:30 AM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry_VIII
New member post....

I was looking at the standings on nba.com and came across this stat page

Two numbers stood out to me.
Phoenix is undefeated when they outrebound their opponents (24-0)

I found another stat: Steve Nash can suck it!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:28 AM   #3
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

i'm henry the 8th i am
henry the 8th i am, i am
i got married to the widow next door
she's been married 7 times before
everyone was henry (henry!)
she wouldn't have a willy or a sam (no sam!)
i'm her 8th old man i am
henry the 8th iam

second verse, same as the first
Old 03-23-2007, 10:31 AM   #4
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

in addition to knowing the lyrics to Henry the 8th by hermans hermits, i'm aware that Phoenix is 100% when grabbing most boards. 'tis why I think they've a real shot at beating the Spurs....if the spurs go small like they did against the Mavs last year, the Suns might actually win the battle of the boards -- that's a bad, bad thing for the spurs.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:11 AM   #5
Henry_VIII

Henry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to all
Default Good news

The good news is that they only do it about once out of every three games.

and yes... my nick is inspired by Peter Noone
Old 03-23-2007, 11:17 AM   #6
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
The good news is that they only do it about once out of every three games.

and yes... my nick is inspired by Peter Noone
and the better news is they won't do it against the mavs.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:27 AM   #7
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

They CANT do it against the Mavs. Damp and Diop will kill em if ever they do try.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:40 PM   #8
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Can't remember where I saw this stat, but both teams are undefeated when they don't lose!
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:53 PM   #9
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by left texas
Can't remember where I saw this stat, but both teams are undefeated when they don't lose!
The joke sounds best when worded "undefeated when outscoring their opponent" but whatever.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:57 PM   #10
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

The Mavs are undefeated when they outscore their opponents.

And no, I am not just talking about this year.

I am talking about all freaking time.

You can look it up.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:47 PM   #11
Henry_VIII

Quote:
Make that 44-0

Last edited by Henry_VIII; 03-23-2007 at 09:50 PM.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:41 PM   #12
Henry_VIII

Well I guess I jinxed Phoenix. They lost today against Sacremento even though they outrebounded them. Oh well....
Old 03-25-2007, 06:22 PM   #13
SeattleMavsFan

SeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Well I guess I jinxed Phoenix. They lost today against Sacremento even though they outrebounded them. Oh well....
awww too bad