Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 06-10-2002, 04:31 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Calvin Murray released...
Aaron Myette sent to AAA...

Mench and Powell recalled to the bigs....

no surprises here..this was expected.

The interesting part of this is that Mench was recalled. Could a trade involving Kapler be in the works? Stay tuned.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2002, 08:04 AM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

maybe so.
i still don't know why mench was recalled. ludwick and romano were supposed to get most of the remaining AB's for the rest of year from two outfield spots..then you have juan.
i guess ludwick, mench, and romano will split time between two of the outfield spots to see what each can do.

i like mench, but i'd think he's the least likely of the three to be a significant contributor 3 years from now
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 09:36 AM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Funny...Mench is rated higher than the others by BA. Mench has power you haven't seen yet. He knocks the cover off the ball. He is a Pete Incaviglia type guy. I look for Kapler to be traded for a prospect or Greer to g ot oanyone who will take him.

I'll jot down out my thoughts on the State of the Rangers soon...
Old 06-11-2002, 09:55 AM   #4
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

mench has the best eye at the plate, and that is what Fuson looks for. He's a big OBP person. Plus, he has a very good arm, and is capable defensively. I think we will be seeing a Mench, Ludwick, Gonzo outfield (even though Mench is a better in RF) for the rest of the year. Hopefully, we will find a taker for Kapler, and I would move Cat while his value is high. Romano should be the starter at 2nd and our leadoff guy with Young backing him and ARod up. Romano can also play some CF and LF to spell Ludwick and Mench. Then you play it out and let them battle for spots next year.

Another option is to trade Gonzo and play Mench in right and keep Cat to play in Left. I love Juan, but it might be smart to move him again...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 10:47 AM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not talking about what they've done right now in their major league careers.. more looking towards the future. i like mench.. maybe he can be an inky type player. if so, than he's a huge find for the rangers.
i like ludwick.. good speed with a plus arm and has been a good hitter as well.
romano, great speed and a pretty good hitter.
maybe one of those two will hit and if mench hits as well..it's gravy for the rangers
Old 06-11-2002, 10:55 AM   #6
Drbio
Banned

From all accounts that I have seen...Mench projects higher than Ludwick or Romano.
Old 06-11-2002, 11:44 AM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

hmm, interesting.
i guess different people have different opinions though

romano has been one of their top prospects for quite awhile...him and young were to of the "bell cows" of their minor league organization
Old 06-11-2002, 04:31 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

of course it's all speculation, but I know the Mench has been requested in trade offers...I haven't heard much on Romano and Ludwick. Althought Romano was asked for by Toronto I think a year or two back in a big trade with Mateo, but the Rangers balked.