Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-08-2007, 11:10 AM   #41
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
we should really hand out a little award everytime a Spurs fan brings up the three trophies...

make it a special olympics kind of thing....

You came up with that taunt all by yourself!?!

ooh......you're sooo special.

(look at George, ain't he cute????)

Well this was almost as original as mav poster who asked me if I hads ever watched basktball.. I realize it is probably very difficult for you to follow along but as I understand it their are short yellow buses for folks like you..
George Gervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2007, 11:10 AM   #42
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
Thanks, guys, for snapping me out of this. I might as well have been talking to a random word generator.
underrated line
Old 03-08-2007, 11:17 AM   #43
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk *should* have flopped last year in the finals. If he'd fallen on the floor, writhing like an Argentinian, Shaq would have been suspended for those elbows. Instead he just kept playing. Stupid robot.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:25 AM   #44
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Gervin
Well this was almost as original as mav poster who asked me if I hads ever watched basktball...
however lame these may be, you must admit that it's consierably more original than a San Antonio Spurs fan taunting "we've got three rings, we've got three rings...."

I've already branded Houston Rocket's fans who tout their 1990's successes as "Uncle Rico" (uncle rico being a pathetic character stuck in a previous decade)....

I think I'll refer to you and yours as Brittany Spears....you were smoking hot in the first half of this decade.....

Last edited by alexamenos; 03-08-2007 at 11:43 AM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:14 PM   #45
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts

Quote:
however lame these may be, you must admit that it's consierably more original than a San Antonio Spurs fan taunting "we've got three rings, we've got three rings...."

I've already branded Houston Rocket's fans who tout their 1990's successes as "Uncle Rico" (uncle rico being a pathetic character stuck in a previous decade)....

I think I'll refer to you and yours as Brittany Spears....you were smoking hot in the first half of this decade.....

Cool then I think I'll consider you K-Fed.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:22 PM   #46
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You know I wondered what those 3 gold trophies in the AT&T Center mean't something.
here you go, GG....the Brittany Spears Award for being so damn hot in the first half of this decade.

britney-is-bald-03.jpg

Spurs 3, Mavs 0
Old 03-08-2007, 12:43 PM   #47
George Gervin

Quote:
here you go, GG....the Brittany Spears Award for being so damn hot in the first half of this decade.

Attachment 122

Spurs 3, Mavs 0

Congratualtions K-Fed the guy/team who just never could get over the hump.. or better never getting out of the shadow of Brittany...

Last edited by George Gervin; 03-08-2007 at 12:46 PM.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:57 PM   #48
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Congratualtions K-Fed the guy/team who just never could get over the hump.. or better never getting out of the shadow of Brittany...
now we see the extent of George's creativity:

he's got...

--"Spurs 3, Mavs 0"....a novel bit of work which is only dished out by every double-digit iq'd spurs fan with internet access; and

--a blatant rip-off of my schtick, except without the funny picture of a bald-headed brittany spears...

You're so special.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:52 PM   #49
DarenG

DarenG will become famous soon enough

My main concern with this is we have all seen what happens when the NBA tried to crack down on whiners. Now they backed off a bit. Are they going to be consistant and are they going to crack down early then back off again?

I have zero confidence in the NBA to go after these guys on a consistant basis. I think the calls just become more subjective then they ever were.
DarenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:00 PM   #50
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Dont give the refs that kind of power. They tend to abuse it.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 01:23 PM   #51
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

could this mean the end of devin harris' career?
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:57 PM   #52
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoinewalker

They already made a "no bitch" rule against Antoine Walker, so shut yo' mouth fool!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:10 PM   #53
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoinewalker
Well you sure won't see walker flopping or taking charges. Or getting anywhere close to being fouled either.

What kind of weak-minded moron shoots 39% from the FT line. Has there ever been a more moronic NBA player in history? The only thing worse than his ft shooting is his 3pt%, 27%!!! Good god, it's like a turnover everytime he touches the ball.

And speaking of turnovers..he's got more to's/game than apg? It's shocking that they allow something so purtrid to put on the uniform.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:19 AM   #54
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

^my new sig..

that is greatness...
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 03:03 AM   #55
bigcat

bigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to all

i don't normally post here, but hate to see a good stat got wasted...

it puzzled me that george made so much effort to come up with some nice stat only to dwell on "flop".

offense foul committed and drawn are nice stat that shed some light on the team's defense scheme and individual players' defense skills. nice work. (can you tell me how you get the stat?)

but why on the god's green earth do you want to use these stat to discuss flop??? if we have an accepted standard to identify flop, nba won't still be talking about "trying to cracking down floppers". devin harris draws as much charge as bowen and manu do combined, but how the heck can you make a quantum leap spinning and say "Harris almost as many flops as Bowen and Ginobili combined"? don't you think that is idiotic? and wtf does dirk's fade away jumper have anything to do with flopping?

i don't know why manu got a rep for flopping. just like i don't know why divac got the rep some years back. but would you even entertain the possibility that for some periods of time, they might do flop more often than others?
bigcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:47 PM   #56
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Raja Bell talking about flopping.

Quote:
No need. Raja Bell is aware of his reputation. He keeps a journal for ESPN.com and often answers questions from readers. Among the first came from a basketball player named Calvin in Los Angeles, who wanted to know the secret to Bell's "flopping success."

"Yep. I've been called a flopper," Bell responded. "But I consider a flop to be when you create something out of thin air - when there's no contact and you lay down anyway."

The Suns guard elaborated after a recent practice.

"Here's the deal, man," he said. "If you got someone barreling into your chest, and you try to stand up and be a tough guy with him, very rarely is an offensive foul called. The only time you ever get a foul called is if you go down, so why would I stand there and try to man-up with somebody when I'm not going to get anything but a defensive foul?"
I can't agree with him more. If the refs are going to let someone bang into you, dislodge you then this seems like a perfect defense. If the refs would call that crap then you wouldn't have flopping.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:42 AM   #57
Pongo
Golden Member

Pongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to all

who wants to see some real good flopping? click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKuwygt3-h4