Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-07-2007, 12:07 AM   #241
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Good Night folks. I know I will sleep easily tonite.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:08 AM   #242
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

At what point do you start resting your stars? After seeing what happened to Josh i'd start doing it ASAP. Nothing left to prove. I guess you still are fighting for that #1 seed. Soon as that is out the way it should me a main priority to rest our guys. They looked real sluggish out there and they had plenty of days to prepare. Not sure what that is about. I'll give credit to the Nuggets though. In that first half I thought it was simply the Mavs just not making shots but in that 2nd half the Nuggets turned their d up.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:10 AM   #243
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

I agree rest the guys, get some good practices going, nothing else to prove at this point.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:12 AM   #244
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli
at least winning 70 doesn't become a distraction anymore...
Was it ever a distraction? I certainly hope not because I was far from impressed by the Suns and Nuggets game. They guys just look beat. Not sure why but they definately didn't look Mavs-like out there tonight or against the Suns.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:18 AM   #245
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
At what point do you start resting your stars? After seeing what happened to Josh i'd start doing it ASAP. Nothing left to prove. I guess you still are fighting for that #1 seed. Soon as that is out the way it should me a main priority to rest our guys. They looked real sluggish out there and they had plenty of days to prepare. Not sure what that is about. I'll give credit to the Nuggets though. In that first half I thought it was simply the Mavs just not making shots but in that 2nd half the Nuggets turned their d up.

We have games against the Blazers, Clippers, T-Wolves, Jazz, Spurs, Warriors and Sonics... We'd need to win 2 of those without our starters... Is it possible?

It would have been good to beat the Nuggets tonight, then we could have beat the Blazers & rested up until the playoffs... Now we have to win 2 of the next 3, otherwise we're risking the balance between rest & the #1 seed...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:27 AM   #246
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

^^^^^You're correct. We need to get the 2 games out the way as soon as possible. Far from a must win but tommorow night we need to grab that win. Get these 2 games out of the way ASAP.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:29 AM   #247
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
^^^^^You're correct. We need to get the 2 games out the way as soon as possible. Far from a must win but tommorow night we need to grab that win. Get these 2 games out of the way ASAP.

I'd say it's a must-win as far as rest & confidence are concerned... Losing to a playoff team is one thing, but losing to a garbage team is quite another...

Last edited by Underdog; 04-07-2007 at 12:30 AM.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:43 AM   #248
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Yea i'm not really sure where this Mavs team is at right now. Does AJ chew them a new one for playing like they did tonight or give them a pass because it was just one of those nights? Seems like we should be hitting or peak at about this time of the season and I don't know it just seems to be otherwise.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:15 AM   #249
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Would you rather A) be on a "slump" at the end of the season (8-2 last 10 games, tied for league best) or B) be Phoenix, playing the Spurs in the second round (7-5 last 12 games)
Old 04-07-2007, 02:15 AM   #250
pkdumas
Golden Member

Mavs have a long time to get jacked up about playing again.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:08 AM   #251
atrewsfan
Banned

atrewsfan will become famous soon enoughatrewsfan will become famous soon enough

We barely beat the pathetic Bucks at home by 2 points, we barely beat the pathetic Knicks at home by 2 points, we get run over by the Suns, we barely beat the pathetic Kings by 4 points, and now we lose by scoring a pathetic 71 points against one of the worst defensive teams in the league, all despite knowing we still need to win 2 games to clinch home-court throughout the playoffs. Where's the motivation here? It's like we're coasting.
atrewsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:09 AM   #252
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrewsfan
We barely beat the pathetic Bucks at home by 2 points, we barely beat the pathetic Knicks at home by 2 points, we get run over by the Suns, we barely beat the pathetic Kings by 4 points, and now we lose by scoring a pathetic 71 points against one of the worst defensive teams in the league, all despite knowing we still need to win 2 games to clinch home-court throughout the playoffs. Where's the motivation here? It's like we're coasting.

Um, we're 2 games away from having no reason to win anything until the playoffs and you're asking WHY we're coasting?