Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 06-17-2002, 10:00 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is the link.

Spells out some of the defenseive moves and exposes the QB situation in Big D.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2002, 10:09 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i'm intrigued by the QB situation in Dallas.
It's definitely interesting.

you have QCar, a guy that can move and that has all kinds of leadership abilities but hasn't proved he can throw the ball well enough for the NFL.
You have Hutchinson, a guy that can move ok as well and can throw the hell out of the ball but has been away from football for a few years.

maybe they won't be solid at the QB spot this year, but it will be an interesting position to watch.
hopefully QCar will be serviceable.

and with the defense, i cannot wait to see this unit on the field.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 10:11 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i'm intrigued by the QB situation in Dallas.
It's definitely interesting.

you have QCar, a guy that can move and that has all kinds of leadership abilities but hasn't proved he can throw the ball well enough for the NFL.
You have Hutchinson, a guy that can move ok as well and can throw the hell out of the ball but has been away from football for a few years.

maybe they won't be solid at the QB spot this year, but it will be an interesting position to watch.
hopefully QCar will be serviceable.

and with the defense, i cannot wait to see this unit on the field.
Old 06-17-2002, 10:15 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

The Dallas defense could be the best in football this season.
Old 06-17-2002, 10:18 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

they will be near the top again...plus, they'll probably be better at creating turnovers.

i'm interested to see how the young backup receivers pan out..

kenyon rambo is supposed to have had magnificent QB schools
Old 06-17-2002, 10:19 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

This offense will ultimately decide if we play in the playoffs or get a high draft pick. I think it'sa 9-7 type team.
Old 06-17-2002, 10:21 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

It's time to give JJ a little credit.. he didn't screw everything up this off season. so far, as a matter of fact, he's done a pretty nice job
Old 06-17-2002, 10:23 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

I just can't bring myself to give him a lot of credit.
Old 06-17-2002, 10:28 PM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

actually, doc, the credit he deserves is probably just simply letting his personnel around him make decisions instead of making them himself.

there, that's not too hard to give him just that little bit of credit, is it?
Old 06-17-2002, 10:36 PM   #10
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I'd start Hutchinson start at QB. Quincy is a nice guy but a QB that can't throw? What would be his purpose? It might work in college where he may attempt 12-15 passes a game to the tight end and the rest of the time they can run the veer but that style doesn't work in the NFL.

I think they'll be 8-8. There defense is going to be stout. Roy Williams should be a stud, and Nguyen(sp?) reminds me of Singletary. Small, but all he does is make plays. And the addition of Glover and Westbrook should help out a lot, and Ellis moving to the weak side, should make him more of a pass rusher than before.

And the wide receivers are intriguing. There is another receive, (can't remember his name) they say has a good shot. He's tall, quick, and catches everything that is thrown to him. He was hurt all of last year so he's trying to catch on as a 3rd wide out behind Galloway and Ismail.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 10:41 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

murph- he has removed himself better as the years have gone on....but he mettles too much with this team. he needs to just shut up and write the checks.
Old 06-18-2002, 02:28 PM   #12
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

I want Jerry to hire a GM as much as the next guy. But, honestly, There are at least 10 teams with "Football Guys" running the organization that are more inept than Jerry.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 11:01 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

I'm not sure a GM would do well in Dallas. That would be the worst job in professional sports.
Old 06-19-2002, 07:27 AM   #14
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

I'd rather be GM in Dallas than GM in Cincinatti, Chicago, Oakland or Phoenix.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 06-19-2002, 08:05 AM   #15
Drbio
Banned

But in those towns you can do your job for the most part without a meddling owner...although Jerry has gotten A LOT better.
Old 06-19-2002, 01:25 PM   #16
Dooby
Diamond Member

No you can't. Why do you think Grueden left?

As for Chicago, Phoenix and Cinci, sure. You can do whatever you want provided you don't spend any money on bonuses. I'd rather have Jerry and his baggage than an owner who refuses to compete. And that is the issue. Every NFL team makes a profit. An NFL franchise is a license to print money.

Old 06-19-2002, 03:06 PM   #17
Drbio
Banned

I'll give you Oakland....
Old 06-19-2002, 03:59 PM   #18
Dooby
Diamond Member

No. You will give it all to me. Give it to me now.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2002, 04:26 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

Uh..No.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2002, 06:32 PM   #20
Drbio
Banned

I hope Hutch gives Carter all he can handle.