Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-04-2007, 08:05 AM   #1
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of
Default Who are you rooting for now?

The other two teams from Texas? The fun-to-watch Suns? The Warriors (face it, you'd feel a ton better about losing to them if they upset every other team as well)? Or a team from the East?

The Bulls for me.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:07 AM   #2
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Why would I feel a ton better if the Warriors continued to win? I don't get that.

I have zero rooting interests now, other than I hope neither the Spurs or the Suns win, which is pretty futile.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:08 AM   #3
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

im kinda hoping for the bulls, but not really rooting for anyone
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:08 AM   #4
TXS

TXS is on a distinguished road

Might have to pick a team in the east to pull for. I can't stand watching any of the remaining teams in the west win it.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:23 AM   #5
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

A good friend of mine is from Detroit... *shrug*
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:24 AM   #6
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i wish the warrior players weren't a bunch of jackasses. because truthfully, i would be pulling for them. they are fun to watch (like the mavs of old). but good lord, i want to punch baron davis every time i see him - especially after that crap with croshere last night.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:29 AM   #7
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
i wish the warrior players weren't a bunch of jackasses. because truthfully, i would be pulling for them. they are fun to watch (like the mavs of old). but good lord, i want to punch baron davis every time i see him - especially after that crap with croshere last night.
"I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is! Hallelujah... holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?"

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 05-04-2007 at 08:36 AM.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:34 AM   #8
Chicken Diavlo

Chicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really nice

My dad's a huge Chicago fan... he grew up there. Go Bulls.
Chicken Diavlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:38 AM   #9
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
Matt Barnes too. Commits a flagrant foul against our freaking rookie of all people with a 20 point lead and two minutes away from their first playoff win in over a decade.

I wish complete and utter failure on that team.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:41 AM   #10
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Huge Finley fan so I hope he gets his ring. Him or Nash. Doesn't matter to me. Its going to hard for me to be able to watch basketball. Something inside me hopes that the Warriors were just so damn good that they make it to the WCF or even better the Finals. But sadly, they may not win another game because Utah and Houston actually play defense and don't let teams with 40 wins dictate the speed of the game.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:45 AM   #11
Stylistic
Golden Member

Stylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of light

D. I wont watch.
Stylistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:46 AM   #12
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

Who cares... OK, not the Suns and Rox...
Old 05-04-2007, 08:51 AM   #13
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Those Warts bitches will be eliminated at home. In Game 4. Mark my words.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:54 AM   #14
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

one team: the dallas cowboys

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:58 AM   #15
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

I don't believe I will watch another game until next year. It is like the life has been sucked right out of me, riding a tidal wave of enthusiasm for 82 games, and now this. Makes me wish I could just be a bandwagoneer, but alas I just can't. Well, now I will have yard work and golf to help ease the pain, and just a few months till football; then you know it will be back to basketball for another season.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:00 AM   #16
Henry_VIII

Henry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to all

I'm rooting for SA now
Henry_VIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:03 AM   #17
Mavfreak

Mavfreak will become famous soon enoughMavfreak will become famous soon enough

I believe the Spurs will win it all. With the Mavs out of the picture, I'm really not cheering for any team, yet. As the playoffs continue I'll probably get excited about one of the western teams. The Suns are fun to watch. The next round will be very entertaining. I am going to enjoy the rest of this post season and I'll be sad when it ends. The Mavs need a point guard who can run the offense. Terry is a good player, but he does not make things happen on the court. He has no deception, or misdirection to his play like Nash, Kid, Magic, etc. Dirk had a mediocre series, but he is not responsible for the losses. Avery could not find the right mixture, the shots would not drop, the officiating was sloppy, the players did a lot of standing around, and they were simply out hustled by their opponents. Mark Cuban needs to give more control to the coaching staff, and not be so pouty when the team loses. I like Cuban, but it's still hard for me to forgive him for losing Nash, Nellie, Bell, and many other talented guys . The league is filled with great players rejected by the Mavs. Mr. Cuban needs to recognize quality, put a team together, and stick with it long enough to win a trophy. He lets the fickle fans, and the media dictate the value of his players. Maybe next year.....
Mavfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:09 AM   #18
Wurzburg

Wurzburg is on a distinguished road

I would like GS to win because that means Dallas losing is less dramatic and that they are not really an 8th seed
Wurzburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:27 AM   #19
Mavfreak

Mavfreak will become famous soon enoughMavfreak will become famous soon enough

If the Warriors continue playing at the highest level they could win it all. I believe the Spurs, or the Suns will prevail.
Mavfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:31 AM   #20
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

spurs, utah to beat rockets, and still hoping the mavs can go all the way
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:49 AM   #21
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavfreak
If the Warriors continue playing at the highest level they could win it all. I believe the Spurs, or the Suns will prevail.
Spurs would sweep the Warriors blindfolded. The Spurs can actually execute a well thought out game plan, and it doesn't take a complicated plan to beat out this team.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:54 AM   #22
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Do you also ask the bereaved spouse at a funeral who they're planning to marry next?

It's too soon.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:02 AM   #23
Bathouse Bear

Bathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these parts

Suns or Detroit.

I would be sick to my stomach if the Spurs won it all.

I would probably like the Pistons to win it the most.
Bathouse Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:05 AM   #24
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Even though Toronto is about to be eliminated, I'd pull for them.

I wouldn't mind if the Bulls won.

From the West: My brother is a Rockets fan...what makes him happy, makes me happy too.

If the Rockets get knocked out....even though they are a bunch of classless jackasses.....the Warriors.

Yes, I really do not want the Spurs or Suns to win this year.

Sue me.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 05-04-2007 at 10:06 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:07 AM   #25
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousSummer
Do you also ask the bereaved spouse at a funeral who they're planning to marry next?

It's too soon.
[WraithXX]

Is she hot?

[/WraithXX]

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:08 AM   #26
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

spurs.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:15 AM   #27
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

No one, maybe detroit
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:36 AM   #28
xavier

xavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the rough

i rather die a very slow death than cheer for the spurs. suns will win the championship
xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:50 AM   #29
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

Warriors? Bunch of thugs that just beat the Mavs.
Spurs? Too much of a Mavs rival.
Suns? I really don't want to see Nash get a title before Dirk.
Jazz? No way I root for Sloan and his thugs
Nets? I hate Vince Carter.
Raptors? Easy to root for; hard to believe in this year.
Cavs? I refuse to root for a one-player team.
Rockets? Maybe
Pistons? Maybe
Bulls? Yes! Luol Deng is breaking out and he seems to be a great guy too. Best team in Chicago since Jordan left. I'll go with the Bulls.
DevinFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:51 AM   #30
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

^Agreed. If we don't get the trophy, nobody in the West gets it.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:21 AM   #31
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

i'd say either the spurs or the suns. doesn't particularly matter. i could never root for an east team.

honestly, i'd like to see Nash win one. not the rest of them, but Nash.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote